Eric and Calleigh #39-Let's fix what shouldn't be broken

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by ladyhunter, Oct 10, 2011.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Oct 31, 2011.
  1. Come back to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The heart doesn't lie

5.9%
  3. Without you, I am not me

5.9%
  4. Broken Promises

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Every rose has its thorn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Mr. & Mrs. Delko

5.9%
  7. I found you a new boyfriend

11.8%
  8. Let's get back together

5.9%
  9. Our love will never die

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Let's have a fresh start

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Let's fix what shouldn't be broken

41.2%
  12. New beginnings, Happy Endings.

23.5%
  13. True Love Will Prevail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Love Will Lead You Back

5.9%
  15. You're Where I Belong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Never give up hope

17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Re: Eric and Calleigh #39

That's what makes me think they're perhaps back together behind the scenes. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, maybe it's naiveté, but I feel like there's just something we're not seeing yet in terms of their relationship. Admittedly, I do have my doubts sometimes, but so much time has been invested in this, and so many people really like this ship. If you look back at ratings from previous seasons, aside from the really early seasons, the seasons with the developing EC relationships had great ratings. That said, I realize ratings suffered the previous two seasons when EC were together, but my theory is that it had to do with the writing and the lack of the cornerstone charcters that are Eric and Calleigh (Adam was on a regular and Emily had limited screentime with the pregnancy). I honestly don't think it had anything to do with the relationship...contrary to what some may say.

2. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Wow, hiphuggers, you are alive ;) Nice to see you in this brand new thread after such a long time :)
    I must admit that your posts gave me a little hope as I rather feel pessimistic about the future of this relationship. I am just worried that nothing will be solved until the very end of the series...which may be or may not be this season. And Jacks - I agree that ratings started to suffer long before EC, I actually think this relationship was one of the things that was supposed to improve numbers(but the constant on/off pissed many fans and I don't blame them)...Well, I still hope, even that those spoilers don't seem too optimisticso far. Well, we`ll see!

3. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I absolutely agree that part of the reason for the decline in ratings is how they've handled the EC relationship. The people that like or love EC or don't have an opinion about it one way or the other far outweigh those that dislike it, so the reason for the ratings can't be the fact that the writers delved into that relationship. Instead it is how they handled it.

To begin with, they took too long to get them together - there was too much of the back and forth "will they or won't they". Then, once they got them together they put a wedge between them... TWICE! Once was enough, but twice was too much and repetitive (just like the constant will they or won't they). And to add to that, when Adam's roll was diminished they had the relationship ONCE AGAIN up in the air (more of that will-they-or-won't-they), and then had the absolute gall to do that again when Emily's roll was diminished. And by the way, there was no reason on God's green earth that the EC relationship had to end just because Emily couldn't be out in the field, nor was there a need for her to have only been in each episode for 1 or 2 scenes.

All of that resulted in pissed off EC fans who left the show in droves because there was no other reason for them to stick around (that would be the other reasons ratings have sunk - bad writing, changes in characters *cough*Horatio*cough*, etc). End result - ratings decline.

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I agree with both of you (Jennifer & Kruella79) about E/C, it is more about how the relationship was handled as apposed to the relationship itself. TPTB dropped the ball big time with these two, Adam & Emily, have a gold mine of chemistry so it should have been a no brainer but instead the writers handled it like they had no brains.

I know I'm frustrated but I absolutely refuse to give up on these two. They have always been my 2 favorite characters on the show and I still believe TPTB will get their heads out of their bums and make things right with E/C. Maybe I'm delusional but if thats what it takes to keep me tuning in week after week then I'll stay in my own little world.

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Okay, so I did a bit of a pre-emtive measure. I added the thread title to the thread based on the votes in the poll. Unless there is another clear standout for a thread name when the poll closes, I'll change it. Otherwise you have your new thread title.

Hope that sits well with everyone, if not, let me know and I'll change it.

Back to Eric and Calleigh.

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Yay! We have a new thread title :) Obviously I like this one ;)
    So I believe there was no personal EC scenes(AGAIN) in the last Halloween episode? I probably will watch it though anyway...
    I'm starting to worry with this lack of anything for 6 episodes now :(

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yay for the new thread title :).

There were no awesome, OMG scenes between them, but I really liked their interactions in this episode. They seemed really comfortable with each other, a few smiles here and there (like the smile Cal gave him in the scene where they discovered the hemlock was in the perfume). The opening scene was pretty nice too. He got her kit from the hummer and she thanked him, then she made a small joke about being the first time she takes a car ferry to a dead body, to which he laughed. So nothing too big, or big at all, but I thought it was nice and very them. Just being comfortable with each other and making the each other smile.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  8. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I love the fact that they are in scenes together and they are at ease with each other. Last year just sucked!!!! Another thing I noticed, when they were looking at the letter, Calleigh was standing VERY close to Eric. I like the subtle little steps I feel they've take so far. Granted I'd like E/C to scream they love each other from the roof tops but at least we're getting something this season!

9. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I guess the producers are not over torturing EC fans. I am very mad right now! :mad:This is a very upsetting news so brace yourselves before reading this.
    Are we ever going to see sparks between Eric and Calleigh on CSI: Miami this season? — Jessica
    ADAM: Producer Barry O'Brien says that the show will very soon stoke that fire, but perhaps not in the way you'd like. "Delko is going to catch [Calleigh] kissing a guy goodbye in the morning, which will be a flashpoint for Delko," O'Brien says. "On the other side of the coin, Delko is getting slowly involved with a suspect from Episode 4." But fear not: The ends may justify the means. "Both of these [events] will challenge their commitment to that decision to be friends exclusively," O'Brien says. "This may be a relationship that, in the end, is just too strong to resist." Hope!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Bones-Revenge-Spoilers-1039230.aspx

10. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

:wtf: Not again?!? Enough with the drama!
    Are tptb listening to us, EC fans and non-EC fans at all? No one's gonna like that storyline! :brickwall: :scream:
    Just put these two together and get on with the crime-solving show already!

11. ciuchino

ciuchino Victim

i think I don't like it at all.
    It doesn't look good for EC.
    Best hiphuggers can hope, at this point, it's a reunion in the the last five minutes of the series finale.
    At least, it gets a mention the fact that they were once a couple.

12. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Well, I'm not happy at all...:confused:
    Why on earth would they do that? That will please noone, it will anger both sides...On the other hand it's O'Brien and he is almost never right, so maybe this time will be the same.:lol: On a brighter note, at least there will be mention of an EC as a couple.:scream:

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Oh my God :rolleyes::rolleyes: When is it enough for these people?? How are we supposed to take O'Brian seriously when he is saying something in one interview and the exact opposite in the other?? First he says:

And now there's this ridiculous, drama-full storyline coming up?? Geez!!! It's downright annoying.

14. electra

electra Pathologist

Well,at least they will admit that is ridiculous to pretend that they are just friends.I do not like triangles but if is just an episode and at the end our couple is together,it will be fine.I miss them too much!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  15. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Can we please change the thread name to:

"No more drama!"?

Maybe it'll send a message to tbtp that even EC fans are getting fed up with the on-again and off-again, are they or aren't they, will they or won't they? :wtf:

My hope is that this last spoiler, like many of the other ones, is completely wrong!