CSI SpinOffs in Limbo

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by jimihendrix, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I'd suggest doing the same. As I've pointed out many times before, ratings and revenue go hand in hand. The higher the ratings and better the demographic, the more advertisers will want to contribute to the partnership. If the ratings are low, they're not making money.

No one is making up any facts seen circulating around, at least not to my knowledge. The Facebook and Twitter pages are not managed by the producers or cast members of the franchise; it's done by the publicists that work for the shows. If you're looking for other reliable sources, be sure to read the online trades. Variety, Hollywood Reporter, TV Guide, Entertainment Weekly--even CSI Files--have well-placed sources within the shows and are pretty in the know. Then again, I'm not really understanding what 'rumors' you're speaking about. Not much information is out there right now.

Also, Nancy Teller is not the President of CBS Entertainment. Nina Tassler is.

2. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

a bit arrogant to say at least.what you try to implie is that we folks from other countrys couldn't form a opinion, base on a<rticles, past procedures or hints from represantives that allow you to read between the lines.:guffaw:
    a hypocritic manner to lecture people on boards.you're approach is identical with ours, no facts.thats usually the sort of users i try to avoid(anyhow, i see a resemblance to desertwind.a coincidence? i don't think so;)) but this second guessing agenda should be robbed under his nose, till he realises that this community is based on sharing thoughts, without excluding a kind of group/country/category.

finally an advice.if you really think that you are so well build in politics,think of it this way, usually a good campagne will make you believe to think about something that is (at the end)irrelevant. or better pronounced, to make somebody think something.:rolleyes:

3. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

uff.and he should be reliable?

4. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Sorry, I get those two women mixed up.

Anyhow, on the CSI Miami Board, there is a thread going on that we all should send letters and emails to CBS.

I'm not going to throw in the towel without a fight with them, and the rest of you should too! Let's try to save both Miami and NY because in my opinion, there is enough money in their budget to produce and air both shows.

They have left Suvivor on all this time, almost 20 years, and I realize it is a reality show, but heck people like me, near 50 years old, are getting tired of Reality TV! It's time we stand up for Fiction TV because it is our escape from reality!

Do You Foks Agree?:)

Peace

P.S. Warrick 17, I just don't want you folks to be mislead, please, don't take what I said personal.

5. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

wouldn't be taken (as offense),but if you declare us foreigners as incompetent viewers, the legitimate reaction is imo my respond above.:)

6. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Jimi,with all due respect I'm well aware of why CSI Miami was delayed. I'm also aware of why CBS puts certain shows in the Ten P.M. time slot.
    You have a couple of valid points too but you made them moot points by insulting the other members here.

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

The ratings released by Nielsen are gathered from 25,000 households here in the US. Though there are over 100 million households here, they say 25,000 is statistically acceptable to accurately measure the ratings.

8. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Ninga0980,

I see it this way, I have no clue of what is going on in other countries, unless it involves the United States Government, which effects the U.S. Economy, and trade relations.

As I said, and I will say this one more time, I apologize if my comments to folks outside the United States offended anybody. With that said, let's just continue on, we are all human, we all have different opinions. I have family in Great Britian and Italy, my great grandparents came over from Italy in the early 1900s. Let's get over it! Nobody here is perfect!

Now back on to the topic, I just was reading an article on TV Guide on line magazine, both CSI Spin Off Shows are in danger. Looks to me, in my opinion, both Miami and New York may go off for good.

I was reading Eva LaRue's Microblog, and she is doing the right thing, finding another job because she has to work. My wife and I respect Ms. LaRue's decision, and we will follow her as she continues to in her career. She is a very nice lady. I feel very sorry for David Caruso and Gary Sinise. They have put their hearts into their shows.

But on the other hand, both gentleman knew what they were getting into, and in the media business, anything can happen. Just like in any other job, they can get fired or laid off from work, without notice, just like the rest of us in this world.

Vegaslights has made some good vaild points about the media, and how it works, but this time, I feel ratings are no so much the issue, CBS has a major revenue problem. I think they are looking at some new, fresh show that will give them higher ratings and that means more reveune for them so people behind the cameras of CBS, which are many, can keep thier jobs. In 2011, the world was watching the U.S. Stock Market falling to almost disaster.

Our "Great" Congress People, sat on their cans while thousands of people in all types of work, including the media, radio,TV,Newspaper, etc. were loosing thier jobs. Look what happen to General Motors, know as "GM" in the U.S., in 2011.

I think the U.S. Econony has hit CSI and the spin off shows are the weakest ones in ratings and revenue take in, according to CBS, from what I have read. This is why this is happening.

Peace

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Well...yes. That's exactly what vegaslights was saying. Higher ratings/demo = higher revenue. Coupled with the cyclical nature of the economy, waning interest from the fanbase and new media, it's getting more difficult to hold onto a stable revenue stream (as stable as the entertainment industry can be, anyway). It's inevitable that older shows are starting to crumble under the weight of it all, and I think it's safe to say that most of us here understand that.

But strictly as a fan, I'm finding it quite sad that Miami and NY might not be around in the next couple of years (if not sooner). It's a damn shame. There are a lot of people out there who were born into a world where CSI has always been on television, and it's a hit to the system to see that a third of the franchise might be cut down. I can say that I'm not entirely ready to see that happen yet...even if I have been around longer than the CSI franchise. :p Still weird for me, and I'm sure many others.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  10. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

:wtf: Really, that few? So technically our demos could be that tad bit higher than they are. What a load of bs cbs.

I finished watching the repeats of ERs final season the other day and got to thinking that, whatever network showed it, had the greatest amount of respect for a show that gave them so much success. It was so beautifully done. All the characters had a good send off. Old and loved characters came back for an episode or two. And the final scene was beautifull to watch. Bravo to them. I only wish cbs had the decency to work out a way to do that for Miami New York too. If it can't afford 19 episodes, give it 13 or something. Just have the decency to show respect to a show that's given you so much. I bet the original will be given that respect. And no, I don't believe the original should get more respect than the spin offs just cause it came first. Miami, internationally more than matched, even surpassed the original on so many occassions. It should have that respect.

Give the show to amc. It appears they want those 2 extra seasons because they think it will help them. I guess it all comes down to how greedy cbs are.

I know this won't be a deciding factor in Miami future and I mean no disrespect to the new shows actors who have probably put their all into it. But if the new show flops, I'll be wearing a big fat smile on my face.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  11. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

AMC would probably bring in more viewers as well, if this was to happen. Not that it doesn't have viewers already, with Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels, The Killing & Mad Men. Ratings are very good for those programs. :)

12. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I agree with all of you, but CBS is probably not going to allow AMC to make "NEW EPISODES" of CSI Miami. That is a different deal.

All AMC is allowed to do is show the reruns of past seasons, and I can't find anywhere where CBS has made a deal with AMC to create "New Epidodes" of CSI Miami.

The reason why I say this is because 20 years from now, if CBS wanted to reboot CSI Miami, just like they did Hawaii Five-O, they can because they own the rights. The original Hawaii Five-O has been shown on other cable networks in the past, so don't get your hopes up high about this, like I said, AMC's contract is only to show reruns of past seasons that have aired on CBS.

Peace

13. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

I know that amc doesn't have that kind of deal with cbs. But if cbs doesn't see any money in miami, why not get more money off of them to get rid of it? Reboot? Not every show can, imo, have a reboot, because some just aren't meant to. They're a one off, unique. Never to be repeated. The csi shows for me are just that.

I don't care if they can only give miami something like 13 episodes. As long as the show uses those 13 episodes wisely. The last episode felt like a season finale. What NY did last year and what they will probably do this year, is more of a series finale. Don't hate me NY fans. The New York writers have been very good at developing the characters. Letting us sees there private lives and not just seeing them as cops. Which is why I think it's good to let NY go. Miami has never, imo, been very good with that. The odd moment here and there sure. But it's been more action and making the characters out to be superhuman rather than just human. If this is Miami's last, then the writers have equal blame.

14. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Unlike some people who can't see through the Iron Curtain, blame this mess on "Corporate America" The CEOs, sitting on their cans, making big salaries, and they don't give a damn about the product they put out. They think that put on a bunch of junk, the the public around the world buys it anyway.

It's like WalMart, they put out junk, people complain, but nothing is done.

Same way with CBS, and the other three major networks, they are going put out there what "they think is going to make them money, and to heck with the people watch becuase they know we will watch it anyway.

Also, there is no deal between AMC to buy out the rights to CSI Miami. It's too soon for AMC to ask for that, being CBS still has some shows in Limbo, and they are not going to sell the entire rights for another network to make new episodes. I don't think CBS has gotten to the point of all most disaster in revenue.

It's an election year here in the United States, and there is no telling what is going to happen because if America votes in a new Administration, this will have a effect on Corporate America, Wall Street, and CBS!

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Thought this needed posted here too, to help clear things up. (bolding is mine)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.