Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Had she been married to an Italian guy when she died, Stella would have been given to him, since she was his daughter, right? She unbelievably stayed in the US instead and was also unbelievably granted the American citizenship leaving no previous record of her origins, no mention to her Greek nationality. Someone could claim she retained her Greek nationality, but then, how didn't she look further into the issue when she grew up?

The "Professor P. invented it all" doesn't work for me either. I don't see the point in running around to forge a passport with a fake name for a 2-year-old kid so that she can stay in the States. If he was the father (Papakota =/= Bonasera, but oh well), he would have kept her. If he wanted to keep her close... well, he couldn't possibly have, the Greek government would haven't allowed it. Stupid governments have this habit of looking after their citizens, how mean of them! He's her distant relative, maybe? Well, he then would have been granted her custody.

Deb, things weren't hard, they are hard now in Italy, especially the south. And I don't see where you want to get by mentioning it all again, but just have a look at the papers from a few months ago. You'll see the huge mess that was caused all around Naples because of the garbage collection. If you mean to point at a possible connection between Stella and any of the Mafias, I fail to see it for now. TPTB will probably make it up if they need to and we'll suddenly learn she and Danny are distant cousins or some similar soapy stuff. But right now, all we know is Bonasera is her last name.

Also, you don't see errors? Well, apart from the fact that they purposefully changed her background just because and invented a story that makes no sense whatsoever, me neither. Your timeline has flaws too. She didn't say "St. Francis", but "St. Basil" and she stated she'd been there since she could remember until she turned 18. Then, in order to enable the "Cold Case" crossover, they invented the Mindy story even though the same basic storyline could have been possible within the orphanage: a mean pedo wants something with little Stella, little Stella's best friend learns about it and kills the mean pedo and a compassionate selfless carer helps hide the crime. But no, they had to make it all contradict her previous story.

I understand you want to defend Melina's work and I'm fine with it, but it has mistakes. I wonder when we'll learn she was actually born in 1993 to a fairy queen and Lord Voldemort. Now that would be rich. I'd love to see her flying all over NY with her new fairy wings, carrying a wand and shouting "Leave.Mac.alone! Crucio! You filthy muggle!" at the baddies.

2. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Good morning all!

I have to agree with Pleni. I think in any case the toddler would have returned to the closest relative. Father?? granny?? w/e. I really can't see how on earth she could have taken the US nationality. Unless she has American father..... Also there is a factor that you don't know. Her given name shouldn't have been "Stella" it should have been "Stiliani". Here in Greece in order to have a name (specially in '75) you have to be Christened. So, babbies with that name are Christened "Stiliani" and "Stella is the diminutive of "Styliani". So, something is strange here, how US goverment wrote on her legal pappers "Stella" if the legal name in Greece is "Styliani" ???.... But the name "Stella" is also Italian in origin and it means star! Soooo who knows maybe Stella isn't Greek at all! :lol: :lol:

3. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Stellarinas,

so on with Stella´s CV, and Pleni and Mary, you´d better send TPTB the scripts concerning Stella´s life, they can only learn :lol:

Now as Stella´s surname is Bonasera, her Mum MUST have been married to either an Italian guy or a guy with Italian origins who once had moved to Greece and met her Mum or whatever. Anyway, I agree, it´s not really logical that Stella wasn´t given to him after her Mum´s death, so either he was already dead, too, or lost or, worse, didn´t want to take Stella for whatever reason. But then, there surely were grandparents in Greece or other relatives who the US authorities would have looked for before they would let Stella stay here and put her in a foster home.
    And again, the reason why Stella never tried to trace back her family history before might be that she was scared of what she might find.

. It´s just a thought that Prof. P. was more involved in Stella´s life than one might think and that after her Mum died he somehow tried to keep her in the States, because he thought it was the better option for the girl´s future. Maybe he knew more about her family background and thought it better for Stella to be raised in an American foster home than in one in Greece or by her distant relatives. But I don´t think he himself was actually her father, well, I hope so anyway, because that would be a too soapy story :rolleyes:.

I think Melina wrote the plot down the way she wanted to have Stella´s story and having just an episode to squeeze it all in, it was inevitable that mistakes would be made or that some things just wouldn´t seem plausible, because there was no time to explain it all. But why blame Melina when the real professionals on the writing area, TPTB made quite some mistakes in past episodes, too?
    Oh, ah, thought sometimes that Stella is like Hermione´s older alter ego- now I know why :D. Oh, come on, give JK the job and let her write some episodes :lol:

Mary:
    You don´t seriously expect TPTB to know such details like that "Styliani" would be the legal name in Greece :D? Melina might know this, but just in case she´s ever explained this to them or even tried to incorporate it into GfD, they probably told her: "Honey, don´t, that´s too complicated- Stella is just Stella" :lol:. Funny that I sometimes thought both her christian and surname seem to be more Italian than Greek :D. But as her Mum was Greek, we should still think that Stella is at least half Greek, too.

And last, but not least, my dearest Lamb, I told you to kick your PC´s A.....(remember the German word :D) and throw it out of the window and into the dustbin :thumbsup:. Take care of your nerves :).

Love and hugs to you all :)

4. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

Teaching Stella is awesome! :D

5. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Good morning!!!

A new week has started and what a good working girl like me would do @ work?? Wellll, searching for SMAC pics!! and i run across this one

[​IMG]

I hope you will like it. They look so good together!! (even when they are not impersonating Mac & Stella!!)

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Heya Stellarinas! I have been off world (without Internet because i don't have my PC :(

And i just came back so merry TO WATCH THE PROMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Sorry for this ranting but i can't help it! YOU TPTB ARE THE EVILEST (does this word exist?) PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE!

NOT ADAM AND STELLA! STELLA BELONGS TO MAC!:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Certainly as Danny would say "BOOM" but this time is my head that blew off:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

7. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

Calm down Deb!! *hands cookie*

There is absolutely NO reason for TPTB to pair Adam and Stella together, even if they were completely high and/or drunk. It's just a montage to keep people's interest.

Mary, love the picture. It's nice when actors have both onscreen and off.

8. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Hell yes!!! I was so into the promo I saw, that I dreamed I was Stella and was chassing bad guys in really tall high heels!!!! :lol::lol::lol: anyway while I was also asleep I was thinking :confused: :confused: :confused: that they are showing some irrelevant moment of the CSI team before Jess was killed. It was calm before that if I remember correctly. So, maybe just maybe TPTB wanted to highlight the clamness before the storm.. and who knows maybe Stella was in the arms of a really sexy, handsome ex marine guy that we all love!! :drool: :drool: and Adam was I dunno was having fun in his OWN place ALONE! :lol:
    aaaa I really cant wait to see the premiere!!!

9. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Stella and Adam, it's more comic situation that the true, video promo is just here for see our reaction!
    Stella is destiny for Mac!

10. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Well, now they do have a pretty good idea of how we react! Dear TPTB Stella and MAc is ideal put 'em together for you poor fans shake!!!
    Thanks! :lol:

11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Ok ok i will be back later! :) I am at the hospital and Professor will strangle me but i almost faint when i read MELINA HAS PSOTED IN FACEBOOK! MELINA MOU!

(Sorry i need to say this :D

See ya later!

12. Blue

Blue Police Officer

My dearest Debbie,

please, please cool down, think about your nerves!!!!
    I share the opinion of most of all here that this are only several scenes put together to a promo!!!

To make us more nervous and excited for the beginning!!!

Though, the idea amused me, a shot across the bows for Mac, so he makes the first step finally -after sooooooooo long time!!!

So enjoy your day though!!!!

Udonna:)

13. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Stella-peeps,

what´s the panic here :D?
    My dearest Lamb, I hope you´re at hospital for work and not because Melina´s posting sent you straight into coma :lol:.

Dear Mary, love the pic, it shows the two of them are also great friends off camera ;).

Just read the interview of Bill Haynes and I´m excited about this episode he´s writing for S6, "Battle Scars", sounds like a great Stella-episode :thumbsup:.

See ya soon, hugs to all :)

14. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Dearest Tina---> I am at ease with the world! I ave watched another promo and it's just AMAZING! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! It looks like they are different scenes but she is too informal when Mac is around:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: Blame the caffeine! I need my daily dose of Cappucinos to stay alive:p
    And i really hope he will make the first step! My Stella is climbing walls for sure. That sweet man needs to hurry!:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: (Mac! Mac! Think about my nerves:lol:)

Dearest and beloved NUT of my heart!:p

Nein Nein NUT! I was there and every day i am for my classes:thumbsup: She didn't post exactly. She just çhit the button of "I LIKE THIS" but i don't know if it is Melina mou! You know Facebook is very crazy;)

I don't need Magic cards to know i will LOVE this one :D I have been in just one hip hop and jazz class but I ADORED IT!:bolian:(The guy couldn't keep lessons). I believe it could be aesthetically (Spelling??????) a great GREAT episode because i like the idea of the hip hop battle. We had those challeges between Arabian and Flamenco Dancers. Only my Dance Instructor could do it but it was fascinating the challenges between both dancers (I don't know if it will be similar to this one)

:bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian:

I am very happy with this new promo and i hope my beloved Mac Taylor wakes up from his eternal dream concerning love affairs:lol:

my love to all!

Debb

15. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

Hey Stellarinas!

I realize that we're now on the promo topic, but I have a question.

The last discussion was on Stella's heritage and how they're gonna explain it. Has it ever been said that she was Greek-Italian? I know she's Greek (the whole coin thing, Mac has teased her about it, etc.) but unless I seriously missed something on the show, I don't remember it ever being said that she wasn't fully Greek.

Anyone know?

Thanks!