Renewed/Canceled/Info shows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: TvGuide

NBC Ends Undercovers' Run

NBC has opted against ordering the back nine episodes of Undercovers, effectively canceling the freshman drama.

Undercovers drew notice for both its behind-the-camera pedigree -- J.J. Abrams (Alias, Lost) and Josh Reims (Felicity) — as well as its cast, two African-American actors in the lead roles.

Although the series — about two retired CIA agents who run a catering business then return to the agency — was the first to be picked up for the new TV season, it premiered to just 8.6 million viewers and a 2.0 rating among 18-to-49-year-olds. The last episode drew 5.8 million viewers and a 1.3 rating.

The news comes just as the series was introducing new mythology to attract viewers. Reims told TVGuide.com he hoped the storyline would help persuade NBC to order more episodes.

"Obviously, we would have liked for [the network] to say, 'Go ahead and shoot your back nine episodes,' but I understand our ratings aren't exactly going through the roof," Reims said. "I'm hoping that when they see the episodes that are airing in the next few weeks, plus the scripts they are going to get, they'll realize, 'Oh, wow there's a lot going on in this show and we don't want to give up on it yet.'"

Undercovers' next three new episodes will air as planned through Dec. 1. There are no airdates yet for the last three completed episodes.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I had a feeling that one was gonna be canceled. I think it might have done better on a cable channel such as USA... but then again I think NBC owns USA, so I doubt that would happen.

3. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

NBC does own USA. You never know what USA might bring on their section, but like you said. It may not happen.

4. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Have to say it's been over two months...and it's still hard not to see new episodes of Cold Case. It truly was one of the best shows on tv, and one that didn't get enough respect or recognition while it was on.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

CONGRATULATIONS:FULL-SEASON PICKUPS

*Blue Bloods..CBS
    *Chase..NBC
    *Chuck..NBC
    *The Defenders..CBS
    *The Event..NBC
    *Hawaii Five-O..CBS
    *Hellcats..The CW
    *Law & Order:Los Angeles..NBC
    *Mike & Molly..CBS
    *Nikita..The CW
    *One Tree Hill..The CW
    *Outsourced..NBC
    *&$#*! My Dad says..CBS

Source-TV Guide~

6. GregNickRyanFan

Just heard today that Disney canceled the Jonas Brothers' tv show.

7. Desertwind

:guffaw:The Jonas Bros. had a show? I didn't know about that..:confused:

8. GregNickRyanFan

I never watched it, but I figured there were some fans of theirs on this site who might want to know what happened with the show.

9. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

No pink slip for Homer: 'The Simpsons' is renewed
    Nov 12, 11:11 AM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - Raise a can of Duff's beer! Fox network says "The Simpsons" will be back next fall for its 23rd season.

Fox says that will bring the animated series to a total of 515 episodes. "The Simpsons" is the longest-running comedy in TV history. The network announced the renewal Thursday.

Since premiering in December 1989, "The Simpsons" was won 27 Emmy awards. In the meantime, family patriarch Homer Simpson has consumed an uncountable number of doughnuts and Duff's.

"The Simpsons" airs Sundays at 8 p.m. Eastern time.

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: EW

'Medium' scoop: 'We got canceled,' says star

Though CBS cut the episodic order on Medium from 22 to 13 last month, the network has not said whether the drama has officially been canned. But star Patricia Arquette is saying as much: The actress told EW that “we got canceled” and the show only has two more episodes to shoot.

“I was trying to get information from the writers about the last episode,” Arquette told EW this weekend while attending a gala at The Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles. “I don’t know what it’s going to be, but they’re really excited about it. They’re like, `we’re just going to burn the whole thing down!’ I’m really excited.” She’s not looking forward to saying goodbye, however. “It’s been a great time. I love that time in my life.”

The CBS-owned Medium, which airs Fridays at 8 p.m., is currently averaging 7.1 million viewers.

11. Desertwind

That's sad, great show although some episodes this season were big bombs, but lately they got back on track. So, a good run:bolian:

12. GregNickRyanFan

I saw on Showbiz Tonight that "The Closer" is coming to a close soon. I guess that means the current season is the last season.

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

^ Not quite. NEXT season will be the last.

'The Closer' calls it quits
    Dec 10 2010 02:51 PM ET by Jeff Labrecque

The Closer
    is closing. TNT has decided that season 7 of the popular police drama will be its last. Kyra Sedgwick, who won an Emmy playing the determined L.A. cop, Brenda Leigh Johnson, made the decision, according to a statement from the network.

“I cannot fathom how difficult it will be to say goodbye to the incredible family we’ve created on The Closer,” Sedgwick said in a statement. “I will always be grateful to James Duff for his love and friendship, as well as for creating such a rich and complex character who I have loved living with year after year…. I want to thank … the incredible fans … for all of their unwavering support over the last seven years.”

Peter Roth, president of Warner Bros. Television, added, “The series has literally changed the face and course of both TNT and Warner Bros. Television, and we will always be grateful for all that [Kyra] has contributed toward that success.” Production of the 15-episode final season will begin next spring.

14. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Good for her. I'd rather go out on top than be stuck on a show in decline and no longer able to enjoy what i'm doing.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Completely agree. It's much better to go out when you're on top :).

I've read that it doesn't look good for CW's Life Unexpected :(. The network ordered just 13 episodes for this season but they haven't officially cancelled the show. The producers/writers weren't able to wrap up all the lose ends so if they do cancel the show (which most probably will happen) we won't be getting much closure. If someone knows anything else please do post :).