Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Administrator Administrator

Several things:

-From the local mod:
    I find that very reasonable, given that we have a dedicated forum for general shipper discussion. Spoilers can contain some shipper stuff, but in general, it's a good idea if going into depth, to head over to S.C. where one can enthuse to one's heart's content.

We try to be open. However, open doesn't mean one can say/do whatever we say. The various rules are in place for good reasons. They're not unreasonable. Trust me, if a mod tries to put an unreasonable rule in, they'll hear from me.

-
    This is respectful? You basically blew off the moderator. That's rude, not respectful.

The mods are posters, just as you are. Some like this bit of a show, some like that. They try hard to be unbiased when dealing with business and if they're not, trust me, I hear about it and you may be sure I do the occasional smackdown.

-By the way, the "I'm leaving, WAAAHHH, you suck!" bit doesn't do jack for me. Here's a free lesson for future 'net endeavors from someone who has been around the 'net seemingly forever. If you do that kind of dramatics on the 'net, no one except for your friends gives a damn. It just makes you look bad when you do the drama queen "I'm leaving forever!" exit. All it makes me do when I read one of those is roll my eyes and go "buh-bye." I could not possibly care less when a poster that is making trouble wants to leave. Hell, I'll pack the suitcase.

I do care about this place and my posters. However, you make trouble, and my patience for that is nil. Our rules aren't bad and we're pretty easy-going for the most part. But I do insist on people following our rules. If you can't, well, perhaps it's best that you find another place.

Now - back to your spoiler thread.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Anyone heard anything about any guest stars (big names/well-known) on future episodes? I'm curious about that. I don't mean returning characters, I mean people who are going to play vics, witnesses or suspects, etc. We've gotten word on a few for NY and Miami, but I don't recall hearing about any for Vegas.

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

^ I haven't heard of any....you'd think that with the help Taylor Swift gave to the ratings that there would be a few choice people guesting. Though perhaps because Jorja is for sure returning and the current rumor about Louise they think that might bring in the boost. Who knows for sure.

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Personally, I hope they bring Method Man back. Drops was a very intriguing character. His interactions with Brass and Nick were always hilarious.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm wondering who they will cast to play the social work. I hope she's at least in her 30s and not barely out of high school.

But I'd rather it be Greg's girlfriend not because I love Nick, but because whenever Nick gets with a girl, bad things happen!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: With his luck, she'll be a vampire and suck his blood dry..

yeah I've been watching too much True Blood!:guffaw:

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

The casting request says she's in her 30's, pretty and petite (of course!), fresh-faced, and strong, passionate about her career.

It also says she's a possible recurring character. That, coupled with the social worker spoiler from last year, I think is what is leading people to think she could become his girlfriend.

Regardless of what happens, the way things go on this show, I doubt if she'd be around very long.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

^^ Yeah, with poor Nicky's luck, she'll probably be someone he actually loves (not just a fling like Kristy) and she'll end up getting killed.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

:rolleyes:God forbid they get a real woman to play a love interest. You know the kind with curves..oh yeah..this is Hollywood, curves aren't allowed...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just by that description..I dislike her already..

I mean seriously, why don't they bring a woman in with a little meat on her bones..God forbid!

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, now you know she'll be thing, however, petite has more to do with height, more so than weight.

10. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

Believe me, she will be thin as a rail because that's the way Hollywood likes 'em. Hollywood hates to deal with reality or a healthy self-image!:scream: If the woman had curves, TV writers and bloggers everywhere would line up in droves to harass her about her weight (as if they are all in shape!). It's a shame, I would personally drive to Hollywood and kiss the casting people's feet if they had a woman with curves and didn't make her comic relief. A girl can dream ...

11. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I could not agree more with all of the above! It will be a surprise to me (and many others I'm sure) if they post a curvier woman. Hell, someone above 120! The only person on the show that fills that spot is Mandy!:lol: I'll just be happy if they cast a someone who isn't a red head, isn't a stripper, and isn't jail bait to play Nick's love interest!

12. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Please, yes. make her a real, curvy woman. Or at least someone who is not an anorexic, five foot tall size zero. That's just so played out and gives people image problems.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah this is where CSI screws up. The men can be soft in the middle. Hell, George had a paunch starting there for a while.

The women-oh no they have to be anorexic to be on that show unless they are playing a suspect, or some freak.

Yes, of course, Mandy would be perfect and Sheri's got some awesome curves on her.:lol: Not to mention she'd be Nick in his place, but I'll save that for the appropriate thread.

But, if you look at a show like Grey's, they have women on there with curves and well, they aren't hurting in the ratings.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  14. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

:lol: I have to agree, sometimes even the victims and suspects look like a model. That's why i don't watch CSI Miami for example. They all look like models; CSIs, lab rats,cops,victims,suspects... even Horatio ;) No old or ugly people, maybe i just didn't see in the episodes i watch. At least sometimes i saw in CSI Vegas.

What was the subject? Yes curves, heights ,weihgts, girlfriend... yeah we should see a real woman.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

:lol::lol:Yeah like in One To Go when that girl was tied to the chair and she was screaming, for a second I thought I was watching one of those slashers movies with the "Jiggle fest" going on while the girl is screaming..I thought geees..who directed this episode? Kevin Williams or Wes Craven! Girls in tank tops running around screaming!

But that's Hollywood, sadly..:rolleyes: I'd complain it was because the show is directedly primarily by men, but they have women on the set too.

And yeah I don't watch CSI:Miami for that reason, it's too plastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.