"CSI Down" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yep, the string is broken! :lol: I guess the family ties are established now. I wonder if the Ecklie/Morgan saga will continue or if this is it? Still seems unresolved.

I agree Elisabeth did a good job. She/Morgan seems like such a natural fit with the team...much more so than Riley was.

2. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Definitely. The thing is I really liked Riley...but Morgan just kicks a** (cursing? lol)

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I really enjoyed this episode and this season so far is great! It just feels more like a team than in the last couple of years.
    Elisabeth was great in this episode. I love Morgan, a great fit into the team.

And I thought Greg's tension was slowly building as the crisis got worse, so his exploding at the girl was coming.

I love DB and his father figure/team leader role. It's nice to see him being able to work with everyone, it makes it feel more like a team just because of them mixing it up.
    Actually he called Ally Sheedy's character a bitch too, when she bit him in Leapin' Lizards. :lol:

4. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

No, not nearly enough! :D
    I'm trying to be generous to other characters, but it's hard not to see as much of Nick as I've gotten used to :p

Oh yes, that scene was a turn on! In my case I was just trying to keep it under control :lol:
    There isn't much that scares Nick anymore!

And I also remember that scene from The Talk yesterday, we just weren't sure then which epi it would end up being in.

I noticed the shirt change immediately, because it was the shirt we were discussing in the Ward the other day :devil:
    I think he was wearing it all along under the jacket, and then later just took the jacket off. He's been a t-shirt kind of guy lately, especially those v-necks :lol:

And LOL at Super Dave!!

Morgan is doing a great job! I wish she had been more receptive to Ecklie at the end with the hug, but it wouldn't be right to just resolve everything that quickly. At least it looks like she's going to try, based on what she said to Frank.

That now makes 2 bitches coming from Greg! :thumbsup: :lol:
    It was good to see him lose his temper, Nick does just often enough to be passionate, so now that Greg is letting go a little, it seems more realistic in the line of their work. It wouldn't seem right if they never cussed while having the job that they do.

D.B. is still as great as ever, in my opinion!

Hope we get a new episode before too much time goes by, there's AKBF next week, and my dvr is not picking up the following Wednesday yet. CM is a repeat too, but both NCIS's are new next week, plus they have 24 eps each. Guess it's just the result of Halloween??

5. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I didn't like this episode at all. Felt like I was watching a show other than CSI.

6. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I give this episode a B. I am loving angry Greg! I like to believe that this will be a lesson to Greg for not wanting to get on the helicopter as well as him whining about going to a trash run in a previous episode that Nick called him out on it, while Langston said he'll take care of it. And I do agree with Nick, just do your job and stop whining.

As for Nick, I'm not really a fan of his hair here, but he looked great as always.

Back to angry Greg, wow I am loving his growl! And I wasn't expecting him to say, "BITCH!" But, with what the C U Next Tuesday daughter setting up her father, I was expecting that Greg would blow up at her. I am glad to finally see angry Greg. He reminds me of Miami's Ryan blowing up at Cooper in One Of Our Own. And his storming in the interrogation room was like Nick's in Gumdrops. I hope to see a little bit more angry Greg, with men instead of females. Him dropping that wooden board on two guys on a previous episode had none to do with how he felt but just to stop them from running. But, I'd like some more emotional, if not too much, Greg.

I can get used to Morgan. Riley's alright. But, Morgan showed alot of emotions on this episode. She's pretty touchy, especially with the suspect. And I like their talks about their family situations; As I do feel for the suspect here. Though, why was the other guy injected? And her scene with daddy Ecklie, touching. I'm liking Ecklie here. I'd watch this episode again.

7. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Weakest episode of the season so far for me. It didn't engage me like the other episodes have done.

I would have preferred them to do this episode further into the season, when I've known Morgan long enough to care about her more. Elisabeth gave an excellent performance, though.

I like emotional Greg (I like any Greg, though :lol:) but it felt a bit forced to me, maybe that was because most of his interaction was with DB/Morgan/Ecklie this ep, rather than Sara and Nick who know him better so he can be less reserved with them.

Great concept for an ep but I think I would have liked more Nick/Sara/Cath involvement.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yes, it was... so was his guilt, which definitely played a role in his exploding at that evil girl. Seriously... I mean, you have a problem with your father just because he wasn't around much and you get back at him by getting your gang friends to kill him, plus three innocent people? Gosh I would have liked to have seen her reaction to her boyfriend being killed... she sent him there, so she sent him to his death... not that he didn't deserve it, but still... she was so cold though that she probably wouldn't even care.

I agree completely.
    Oh yeah, he did. I forgot about that LOL.

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I enjoyed this episode, it was had action-edge-of-your-seat excitement. Morgan is growing on me, I love her coolness in the face of danger. She handled herself very well. I also liked seeing some emotion from Ecklie.

Loved Greg in this one as well, his emotional side got the better of him, and he was like a ticking time bomb that finally exploded! You could just feel his guilt and pain, blaming himself for Morgan's plight because he should have been in her place.

All around good episode.

10. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Not a fan of over-the-top action episodes, but I liked this one. The acting by Harnois and Vann sold it for me. Heh, I remember the days when everyone despised Ecklie and now he seems to have become a dark horse character. :lol:

Hated the poor helicopter graphics. Granted, they don't have the budget of something like "Black Hawk Down", but with all the fancy shots they were trying to pull off it looked really fake.

I wasn't sure about angry Greg going into this, but after seeing the buildup to his outburst I can buy it. I liked how he got more agitated as the episode went on. Made his final explosion seem more natural.

And I don't think Morgan blew him off in the end. The whole thing was emotionally jarring for her and she probably just wanted some alone time. Something that DB getting her out of there seemed to offer. I liked how she tried to fight her emotions in the end too. Plus, it's not like there is anything going on between her and Greg (yet).

As for the case itself, I agree with those who said it didn't feel like CSI. The whole setup at the end did feel more Miami. In hindsight, parts felt really stupid. But again, for me it was Morgan and Ecklie that really saved the ep.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Elizabeth was absolutely wonderful in this episode. I really enjoyed her performances and the range of emotions she displayed. The last scene when she broke down with DB was really touching and it made me tear up a bit.

The case was interesting and I wasn't expecting the twist with the daughter telling the dad about the location and on top of it being a set up. Ecklie's reactions were spot on and I really felt for him throughout the episode.

I find it interesting that no one was expecting a team scene or everyone asking about Morgan's well being. That's usually the case when a Miami episode has someone in danger lol. I'm glad that DB was there for her and even though there was no constant asking I'm sure they were all worried for her. I usually think the same from the Miami characters too.

I enjoyed seeing Vanessa Marano and thought she did a great job. I really liked her scene with angry Greg. I miss Switched at Birth :(.

More Cath would've been nice but I still liked the episode a lot. B+.

And yeah, the helicopter looked horribly fake at times :lol:

12. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

Loving DB. Everything about him this season is flawless and this episode was no exception. I love his calm, warm way with his staff. Putting his arm lightly around Greg's shoulder when he said he should have been the CSI on the chopper, and sensing that Morgan was about to break and needed to get away fast at the end. I think I might be liking DB even more than some of the long term cast members, he's breathing life back into the show.

Thought Morgan was excellent in this episode. Her emotions were really well done, and that scene when she crawled, dazed, out of the helicopter was really well done. I also liked how she related to Frank when she heard his story. Incidentally, I really liked Frank's role. He wasn't your typical bad guy, he was just trying to save his daughter (who turned out to be the bad guy in the end. Would love to have seen her face when she realised her precious boyfriend was dead).

Ecklie was a big surprise in this episode. I know he's mellowed alot in the last seasons but we really saw a soft, very human side to him in this episode and I really liked that vulnerability.

My one fault with this episode (aside from the seriously fake helicopter!) was Greg's anger. The guilt he felt, and his "why the hell not?" to DB I get but the anger at the suspect? I get that he has a crush on Morgan (something I am soooooooo not happy about) but to see that anger from the normally mellow Greg just didn't sit right with me. He didn't even get that worked up when Nick (who he's worked with for years and been pretty friendly with) was buried alive, or when Sara (probably Greg's best friend in the lab) was missing. Don't get me wrong, Greg is my favourite character and its nice to see him getting some proper scenes to play with but....come on!! A little continuity would be nice.

Can I just add one more time how much I'm loving DB? :)

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

His anger was building the entire episode. He was angry with himself for not going on the helicopter to begin with. He would rather he be in that situation than Morgan. He was more angry with himself and the evil girl was just a suitable person to take it out on. People grow and situations change them. It isn't so hard to believe that after ALL that Greg has been through, all the times his friends have been hurt or killed on the job, he's finally said ENOUGH and acted out in anger. Also, younger Greg was normally mellow. Older Greg has been much more serious and has been getting angrier more often. Remember his blowup at the James mother? Remember his burst of anger in "A Family Affair"? (I believe that was the title of the episode). I don't think there is a continuity issue at all.

Plus, he had every right to be angry at that girl. She sent a hit squad after four people, three of them innocent, just because she hated her father and wanted him dead. She deserved every bit of that anger. They couldn't have Ecklie screaming at her because it wouldn't look right to have someone Ecklie's age screaming at a female that young... so they had to use the youngest male on the team, thus one closer to the girl's age. Heck, I'm not normally an angry and all "grrr" person, but I would have yelled at that girl like Greg did too. Sure he was upset about Morgan being in danger, but I think a large part of the anger was at what the girl suspect did. That would make the most pacifist of pacifists angry.

The issue with him not showing anger at Nick and Sara's situations is with the writers/ptb (he was hardly even in those epsiodes, especially the ones with Sara's ordeal). They chose not to allow him to show a reaction because they were too focused on the reactions of others (Grissom for Sara; Grissom, Cath and Warrick for Nick's situation, plus throwing in Nick's parents). They are just now this season starting to give him more meaty stuff to work with. I sure as heck ain't gonna look a gift horse in the mouth lol.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Damn, I was expecting Horatio to do a cameo appearance! Yeeeeaaahhh!:cool: This is my favorite episode so far this season. My only problem was, well, the fake helicopter! Also, they wanted us to believe something really bad happened to a CSI when in fact the vest was still intact even though the helicopter was in pieces? And Greg, I thought his reactions were a little bit not him. He was always calm and relaxed. I don't remember him like that when Warrick died or when Nick went missing.

15. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

Believe me, Greg is my favourite character and I'm loving that he's getting more screentime this season, but I'm annoyed because I felt that Greg's anger was overplayed. I get that he was angry but Greg's not a hothead, nor is he aggresively confrontational...he's always been a mellow, easy going and somewhat softhearted character, and our personalities, regardless of what we experience, remain relatively stable over time. Yes, Greg has grown up and become more serious, but serious doesn't automatically equal confrontational. I feel like the show played up Greg's anger only because they're building up to a romance between Greg and Morgan and that irritates me because 1. its that type of soap opera nonsense they do in CSI Miami which I hate and 2. I don't want Greg and Morgan to become involved (just because she's a pretty young girl doesn't mean she automatically should become a 'love interest.' I saw enough of that with the Grissom/Sara, stuff thank you. Also, if Greg and Morgan became involved, wouldn't one of them have to switch shifts? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that what happened to Sara and Grissom? I like Morgan and want her to stay).

Oh, and again, I love DB. :) (I think I'm going to make that my sig line when I can finally have one!!! :D)