Ratings Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Desertwind, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

LOVED Emergency. But never did check out Code Red or any of the fire shows til Chicago Fire.

That being said, usually it takes me awhile to get into a show.

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Ratings for Skin in the Game. They continue their rollercoaster ride and are down this week from last (weeks & years eps).

Susan

3. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Ouch, that is not good. Nashville and Chicago Fire both rose in the ratings.

They may want to make some changes for Season 14 - less csi's being cops, more forensics, and less written for the new people.

4. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

I'm sure leaving out Sara and making it known in the previous episode that she wouldn't be around didn't help matters. Kind of shot themselves in the foot with that one.

5. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Less Hodges and Morgan, more multi-cases épisodes, more science, less cop things and romances !

They have to learn about their mistakes or the show won't last after season 14...

6. blackflag

Unfortunately I think less CSI's as cops would mean less screentime for a majority of the main cast - Nick, Greg, Sara, Morgan, Finn, and even possibly DB - and they aren't going to be doing much of the forensics because we've got labrats in the main cast for that part. I don't know about you but I don't want to see Nick do nothing but collect evidence, which is what an actual Las Vegas CSI's job is. I'd get bored with CSI faster than I am right now. :( I'll suspend reality for the screentime since they're already getting the paycheck.

:)shifty: But then I'm someone who thinks that there is a better than 50/50 chance that next season is the last season anyways. :()

Admittedly I did a lot of channel switching last night (Flashpoint reruns on ION - much better show than CSI :thumbsup:). In what I did watch of the episode, I never gave a second thought that she wasn't there.

Susan

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I have two quick fixes for the show next season:

Make Nick a cop/detective; he fits the part.

And, for the love of God, PLEASE reunite GSR, once and for all.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  8. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

But isn't that what he and the rest of the CSIs did for the first what, 9 seasons? And they made that interesting. Seems to me that it's only been in the few seasons - as the original writers left - that CSIs have been more and more like cops. If it's all about Nick being a cop so he can have more to do, then promote Brass to Undersheriff and make Nick a detective. Then the show can save $$ on the random, seldom-seen detective of the month. Of course that also means at some point they will randomly make Brass or Nick a corrupt plot device and then kill them off (still bitter about Vega).

I didn't miss Sara either but I know a whole lot of Sara fans that were ticked off because she wasn't going to be in the episode. I don't blame them either. The writing is mostly not good any more so the only reason many of us stick around is for our favorite characters. If they aren't there, neither are we.

9. blackflag

Yes, back in the very distant early seasons they collected evidence, processed evidence, and even acted like cops once in a while. But back then it was just Grissom, Catherine, Nick, Warrick, & Sara as CSI's. Greg was pretty much the only labrat with the occasional appearance another tech. And Brass was pretty much the only detective. Back then the CSI's would process a lot of the evidence they collected and even go with Brass to interview suspects and other things. Nowadays nobody seems to want crossover between jobs - people complain when a CSI clears a room or they complain when their favorite spends too much time in the lab. I just want screentime for Nick! :p

What I would like to see next season -
    Go back to just DB and 4 other CSI's. Maybe bring in another detective to help Brass (since PG does have to travel cross country to film). And get rid of the labrats as main cast, let the CSI's go back to processing some of their own evidence with the occasional appearance of a labrat for specialized stuff.

I'm still pissed about Vega! :scream: He was my favorite detective.

Susan

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I like Emergency reruns.

If both CSIs get 9mil viewers,what makes LV worth saving and NY different? That,'key demo'? I,hate that...all viewers should matter.

11. blackflag

Ratings for The Devil and DB Russell.

from CBSPressExpress:
    from TVLine:

Susan

12. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Not surprised by the low ratings.

I'm guessing this is the shows last season.

13. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

If ever there was proof that the show is in a death spiral last nights ratings prove it.Sadly TPTB only have themselves to blame.They seemed to go out of their way to alienate their long time fans.They turned deaf ears to the pleas of many to use the old characters the ones that people considered their old friends and stubbornly highlighted the new ones.They changed the whole feel of the show and refused to acknowledge that their faithful fans were drifting away in disgust.For reasons unknown they upset the GSR fans with no endgame in sight.When they appeared to come down hard on an actor who dared to fight for his character's integrity that seems to have been the final straw.Death by a thousand knives and totally self inflicted.

14. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Surprised on last night's ratings??????????? Nope not at all. I'm getting tired of the Morgan Fest we've been getting. Almost reminds me of the Langston Hour! Maybe George made the right decision about standing up for Nick. Time off from a sinking ship!

15. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Too high, IMO. Got more attention than it deserved.