"Dead Rails" Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Faylinn, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

(A day late, but here's a thread if anybody wants to talk about the episode. :))

Episode Title: "Dead Rails"
    Episode Number: 1510
    Synopsis: "The CSI team investigates the bizarre death of a man who was killed not once, but twice."
    Original Airdate: December 14, 2014

Written By: Gavin Harris
    Directed By: Frank Waldeck

Guest Stars:
    • Alimi Ballard (Detective Kevin Crawford)
    • Christopher Atkins (Jimmy Turelli)
    • Alexandra Holden (Mary Haymond)
    • Sharon Osbourne (Elise Massey)
    • Melanie Liburd (Natalie Barrow)
    • Laura Slade Wiggins (Zoe Tate)
    • Bernard Curry (Cal Tate)
    • Jonathan Stanton (Chinese Man)

2. babydoll

babydoll Victim

I'm sorry but... WHAT was going on with Sharon Osborne's accent? I'm English, and I've met her in person, and I can tell you she normally has a NORMAL English accent...

I don't know what she was doing on CSI - but it sounded like somewhere between an English person so used to putting on an American accent that they've forgotten their English accent, or an American person attempting an English accent without training... it was a total mess, twice she said "My goals" when she was trying to say "my girls" - she has been in charge of the girl's category TWICE on the X Factor - I know this woman can say the word "girls" without a silly accent - what in the world happened to her in this episode?! It was entirely cringeworthy!

Otherwise... the episode was average, it was way too "Hey look at how amazing Morgan is - she's just like Ray Langston, perfect in every way with endless surprise talents and we will force you to like her until she quits when she realises that nobody does"

It's a shame, because last week's final scene with Russel and Nick was such a high point of the season, it was a shame to drop to such a low this week - is there one next week?

3. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

I don't know what on earth that was, other than a Morgan-centered episode, but it was below average. The regulars weren't used properly and Morgan took over. She's too different from the rest of them in every single way and I don't think I'll ever get used to her.

We were supposed to recognise teamwork in this one, but the scenes felt disjointed and disconnected, as if it was a puzzle filmed during different seasons of the year.

Sadly, I didn't care for anyone or anything in this one. Even Sara's lines had me eye-rolling.
    We also might have just gotten a glimpse of what CSI will be like without Nick; Morgan & Co. with hordes of guest stars.