CSI: New York is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Nightfoxxy, May 10, 2013.

1. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I don't speak French...what does that translate to in English?

2. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Sela Ward: "One of the producers called me up to tell me CBS had decided to cancel the show. Obviously, I was very disappointed. I was well aware that the show might not return due to the high production costs. (...) I wasn't really satisfied with the way the series ended, much like the entire cast and crew. We all wished to have been able to say goodbye to our fans properly. (...) Gary didn't take the cancellation very well. He is really disappointed. He would have wanted to return for another season."

3. Screenplayer

Screenplayer Hit and Run

The show high costs weren't any surprise. CSI NY "cheated" death twice. If it was a matter of time, why not finish the show properly? Give fans and crew a closure (and our beloved 200th episode) and satisfaction. CSI NY had a cast with one of the best chemistry actually. It would have been very nice to see it really end. Of course they were disappointed. It was disappointing. When it got renewed for Season 9 I knew that it could be the show last season but I was expecting that it would really have a proper end, like it was done in House, for example.

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Sounds like Gary is the only one who is taking it hard.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, it does. I still think if it had to end with that last ep, it was an okay one to end on. The one thing true finales make me afraid of is people leaving...I hate to see the team break up. I'd have liked to have seen a few things like the wedding and the baby though. And maybe Stella once more.

What I can say I don't like is the special treatment the original's getting...they said that their cast and crew will know when it's the last season and be able to use the whole thing to close out the show. Miami and NY should've got the same thing...either say it's the last season instead of leaving everyone in limbo or allow just one more season to close it out. Grrrrr.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  6. Screenplayer

Screenplayer Hit and Run

Exatly my point! Either assume the show or end it properly. CSI NY was in verge of a cancellation twice. They knew what expect. Is it good for them? No? So, in respect of the crew (and fans) we're going to end it. We're going to see Mac re-marrying and become a father (which was the character's arc) not suppose that he will. See that Sid will be living with his cancer and not suppose that he will. See Jo running that lab with Danny as her second in command not supposing that they will. It couldn't have been that difficult.

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

The fans know this because we have common sense. :rolleyes: But when it comes to TPTB, they throw all knowledge out the window. :(

8. MacsGirlMel

I do recall the father talk in Identity Crisis,though I was never sold with their ages.

I guess we.can at least say we didn't get left the way Miami fans did,with a cliff.

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

If this was after he met Christine, I think this was something the writers came up with to see how people would react. They must not have gotten a good review of it since people cringed.

EDIT: OH and that's going to piss me and every fan of every show off if they give Vegas a good send off.

I did feel like Vegas got some good favoritism going on especially with the pictures posted.

10. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Oh and you know they will give CSI a huge send off. It will all the emotional commericals to go with it, you know "say good bye" boo hoo lines.

CBS never gave any respect to NY I live on the East Coat (MD) and I rarely ever so commercials for NY. As I also said before most of their line up looks horrible. And most likely will be canned before fall ends.

Like at the shows that they picked up and dropped: Made in Jersey Golden Boy and Vegas. Though I think if respected enough Vegas could have worked for them.

CBS don't cry the blues when NBC is kicking your toosh in the ratings, yet again. We all knew time was running out for NY but I really truly though CBS would have given it a 10th and final season. The show was solid for them. And yeah Miami fans got screwed hugely.

11. MacsGirlMel

Depends where you look...I think a lot of us cringed and just as many on Facebook were all "cool they proposed lets make babies now!!!!" I just kinda shook my head LOL. To each their own, but it isn't really my thing.

12. MacsGirlMel

OK I can't be the only one who wanted to cry when that Twitter pic was posted today. *sniff*

13. kris44

kris44 Witness

Incredible! Cancelling such a good show. Just like CSI: Miami.
    Who's next? NCIS? Blue Bloods?
    If these shows will be cancelled too, then nothing valuable is left.

14. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I fully understand the anger CBS is getting over CSI NY but they have a history of doing it to various shows from Cold Case to WAT to Miami etc.
    Also not sure how many of you ever watched Murder,She Wrote (my mom's favorite)but what they did to Angela Lansbury trumps anything that happened to the CSI NY crew.
    CBS had a great run of crime shows but IMO,that will be coming to a end soon.

15. MacsGirlMel

What did they do to Murder She Wrote?