Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by happyharper13, May 19, 2009.

1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

We've reached over 50 pages over on the old debate, so time for a new thread.

Previous thread can be found here.

Thread Rules (read before posting!):

We were previously discussing Wedges and how much of a factor rules play in preventing characters from hooking up. As much as I dislike Wedges, I loved the way Catherine encouraged Hodges (or rather 'his hypothetical friend') to pursue the relationship because life is too short. Of course, I read that as a Yo!Bling moment with Catherine regretting not having done the same with Warrick when she had the chance.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  2. electra

electra Pathologist

Re: The Great Ship Debate -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

I hate Hodges and Wendy together becouse it's a disservice to Wendy.She is so full of life and charming that is not fair.Hodges makes me laugh with his comments but he is not ready for a relationship.

Why CSI always goes for the couples that I don't like?:scream:

3. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I agree that Catherine saying that life is too short to Hodges was her thinking about Warrick and what might have been.

I do like Hodges and Wendy together but I really don't want another angst fill will they or won't they ride. There are certain times when art just really doesn't need to imitate life.

4. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

I think what Catherine said to Hodges was a reference to Gil, not Warrick, but moving on.

I love Wedges. I think that they bring out sides of each other that would probably never be seen otherwise. I was watching Lab Rats the other day, and they were cute and funny, while being serious at the same time. And while I feel that making them a couple on screen would probably take away from the show a bit, I wouldn't mind maybe a passing reference to something that might have occurred between them. :)

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I couldn't agree more :thumbsup:! Wendy is just too good for him!!!

I'm at a point where I don't want to see any couple on CSI. GSR was bad enough :)rolleyes:) and what I know about NY and Miami - which is not much - just supports that opinion. TPTB are just not capable of handling a relationship well. I know it's television and there has to be some drama but still ... :wtf:.

If they were able to come up with a plausible couple (and they so had the change with Yo!Bling!) that wouldn't go through too much drama I'd be delighted to watch it. But I know that will never happen (at least not for me).

Besides, the reason why I started watching CSI in the first place was that they didn't put any emphasize on romance and didn't pair off the characters with each other.

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Holy cow! I agree with everything you said love_fan. I enjoy it without any romantic pairings. There weren't any romantic pairings on CSI towards the end of the season and I enjoyed it so much more. I also originally started watching the show becuase of the forensic aspect of the show. I know not everyone is like that, but all I know is that all most romantic couplings do is cause problems not only on the show but on the boards as well(Which I think is pathetic because afterall, it's just a show ;)). So to keep the peace, and to stay away from the soap opera-like tendencies I know TPTB lean towards, I really, really, hope they keep the romantics to a minimum.

7. electra

electra Pathologist

I like romance on CSI miami and New York(Flack and Angell) but for vegas I prefer when it stick to the cases or personal development of the characters.If a show give us a episodes so good like grave danger and the friendships of Catherine and Grissom or Warrick and nick,nothing more is needed.

8. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

I'm sorry to disagree with basically everyone here.

But I honestly think that GSR was a highly plausible couple and that TPTB handled it extremely well.

Although, I'm an absolute GSR nut and might end up marrying a geek-type myself.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I totally agreee, a little romance spices up the show, and adds electricity. These are fictional characters, but just straight DNA and death and serial killers, etc. is great, and exciting, but their not robots and this particular couple have been enamored with one another, since the onset, and the viewers have watched this relationship blossom and bloom to the culmination ot them finally being together forever:p and the writers rock for letting this happen~

[​IMG]

10. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Pulled from the Season 10 Spoiler thread with regards to GSR, and whether or not Grissom had anything going with Terri Miller, Lady Heather, or anyone else....

Does that mean that Grissom is not human? The point I was trying to make is just because someone has feelings for someone, that doesn't mean they can't be with or have a relationship, even if it's purely physical, or doesn't leave the flirting/attraction stage, with someone else. If your take is true across the board, then no one would ever cheat on their Significant Other.

Just because he was pining for Sara, that doesn't mean that he couldn't have slept with Lady Heather; or anyone else. He certainly was trying to get involved with Terri Miller, and he actually took one of the Lab Techs out on a date in Season 1.

I think he did have some significant feelings for Sara, even though he felt he couldn't act on them, and needed time to clarify them, which he did with Butterflied Notice he told Sara that nothing could ever happen between them in Season 3. Obviously between then and Season 5-6, he came to terms with his feelings and chose to act on them.

I actually do see Grissom and Sara as a plausible couple, I just have had some issues with how it was implemented and revealed, and how it was handled. It seemed to become a large focus of the show, IMO, and I think there were several storylines that got neglected, Like Warrick and Tina, and Nick's recovery from getting kidnapped.

I think a little romance Does Spice up the show, and makes a good change of pace, especially since it's a chore to balance a personal life and being a CSI/Detective/Lab Tech. However, I think it needs to be handled carefully, or else it gets heavy handed, IMO.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On Grissom sleeping with anyone else he stated in "ENDING HAPPY" Sex without love makes one sad and Sara goes "I don't think I make you sad" and he replies "NO, you make me happy his words, and if he did, it must not have been that great, because nothing ever became of it:(plus he announced to the whole team in '"DEAD DOLL" on Ernie and psycho Natalie, "I took away the only thing she ever loved, AND NOW SHE'S DOING THE SAME THING TO ME just a collection of many words uttered by Grissom:bolian:and his relationship with Sara~

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i agree with most what Shytownmofo just said. except i think GSR was actually handled in a good way.

but yeah, it's obvious Grissom wasn't all about Sara from the beginning. i think his feelings grew throughout the years. he was fond of her since they met (which is why he said it *started* 9 years ago) but it wasn't until Season 4 that he gave any indication to the outer world that she could mean something more to him than just someone he is attracted to. they got together and that's when i think the real transformation began for Grissom. he learned not only to be fond of someone or be attracted to her, but to actually love. the moment between them in Way To Go might be an actual realization on his part that he loves Sara.

13. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Just because he said Sex without love makes one sad, doesn't mean he hasn't had one night stands. I do believe he has slept with Lady Heather, there is that one scene "Lady Heather's Box" where he caresses her face and he says "you can always say stop" and she responds "so could you". If that wasn't a percursor to a kiss and sex, I don't know what is. Not to mention, they had tea before they both started their night work.

There is an attraction between Grissom and Lady Heather and you can't deny that. You can be attracted to more than one person at a time. It doesn't matter what he has said to Sara, that doesn't mean he isn't attracted to Lady Heather.

I, also, think something happened in "Leave Out All the Rest", but I have some doubts on that one. Basically, on the fence about it.

I think Lady Heather would have been a great love interest for Grissom. I think she and Catherine, for that matter, truly knows Grissom. Sometimes I think better than he knows himself.

I felt chemistry with him and Lady Heather, even Terry Miller, that I don't feel with him and Sara. To me that relationship makes no sense.

14. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

So you think Grissom was a virgin before he got with Sara? That's highly implausible....

15. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

That made me laugh too hard. ROFL :lol: