CSI SpinOffs in Limbo

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by jimihendrix, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Woosh!

Being on international side of viewers all I can do is pray for both shows get their renewals.
    It's hard everywhere around the world (in financial side) so I can imagine the struggle.

Though not too hopeful atm. I've been literally living to watch the shows since they started and still being overly attached, which I know is not too healthy, so I do realise it will be over one day or another just like any other long-run series. And exactly that happened to BB series after 20-something years running (couple yrs after cancelling its run in my country).

I wouldn't be too shocked if at least one spin-off is about to end. I'd be rather sad, to say least.

But am crossing fingers anyways:)

2. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello BlueDiamondStar,

CSI NY is gone for good next season in the United States.:( That is a done deal, per Gary Sinise (Mac Taylor of CSI NY) All that we can hope now is that there is money left in the production budget at CBS where Barry O'Brian and David Caruso and get CBS to let them stay on one more year.:confused:

I hate to bring bad news, but the economy in the United States has hurt the TV Industry, especially the publicly Owned Corporations in the U.S. Stock Market.:(

The only hope I have is they let me on CSI Miami, I get out my guitar, place it on the stage, light the strings with lighter fluid, just like the old days. (HA) I bet David Caruso remembers those days!

Peace,
    Jimi

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Funny, I follow GS on twitter and there isn't anything on his tweets about the show being canceled. The last tweet he said was about the show coming back on March 30th. Provide a link to where you have this information or you are a very bad agent for GS and I should tweet him about you.

4. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Mac&AdamFan

It was posted somewhere on this Community Board that Gary Sinise posted it on Twitter that probably CSI NY is not going to return next season. I did not see it on Twitter because I do not have a Twitter Account, and I took the word of a poster on this Community Board that he said this on Twitter. Oh, I don't know how Twitter works, so if you talk to Gary Sinise on Twitter tell him Jimi Hendrix said hello. He's old enough to remember "Purple Haze" in 1967!

I found an article from Nancy Teller, President of CBS, that was written last month that she said, as much as she wanted all three CSI's to stay on the air, one has got to go, and New York will be first. If I find that article again, I will post the link to it.

Now, If I was a betting man, Miami *might* make it one more season, but then it will be gone. CSI-Vegas will be the last to go, but I think (in my opinion) that Vegas will make it at least 2 to 3 more years.

Like I said, and I am more mad at the Federal Government and Congress for getting these publicly own corporations (like CBS) get in trouble in 2011, and having to make cutbacks, so if you live in the U.S. blame it on your state's Congress Person or Senator!

I am about as mad as all get out about CSI NY not being renewed for next season. Gary Sinise has done a "bang up" job producing and acting Mac Taylor on that show. To me, he makes it so interesting to watch that you are proud to be an American (for us that live here in the U.S.)!

By the way, I am not on Twitter or Facebook. I do not like telling my personal business to the General Public. I do not have a "Twitter" Account. I am not going to argue with you, due to I believe in Peace! Just Chill Out and be Cool, my Brother. It's just a TV Show. I like Gary just as much as you do!

May Peace be with you, from your friendly "Ole Hippie Here"!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

That is not an official account, by any means.

6. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Vegaslights,

I wished Gary a "Happy Birthday" on one of the CSI NY threads. I think he is one cool dude. I know nothing about Twitter, just saw how it kinda of works on the Rachel Ray Show one time. I wasn't interested.

But whatever happens, just happens, and I guess there is nothing we can do about it. I would think that the cast and crew would give him a Birthday Party, because he is CSI-NY!:)

Peace

7. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Anyways I still hope both spin-off's will be picked up for next season.

It'd very sad without at least one spin-off.

Being international viewer it's rather boring if there's no new seasons for popular tv shows, especially when CSI series are only on one channel regularly and other occasionally.

8. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I'd be much happier if only official stuff was reported here. Rumour only raises (or lowers) expectations.

9. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Go to this link and read this article. I can not rate how "offical" it is, so maybe you should call CBS in New York and ask them. For some reason, it's still a bit early, as things can change during the summer.

Here is a link to a source that I don't know if it is offical or not:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/csi-new-york-tv-series-cancelled-22148/

Read this, then comment.

Peace

10. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Can't see any point. When it's official it'll be just that - official, i.e. from CBS. Anything else should probably be ignored. Reckon about 90% of internet 'news' is unofficial rubbish anyway.

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Just read the article. Nothing new it says. Only states only thing I know for sure- CBS still haven't decided.
    So all we have left is wait until they announce it official.

12. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

This is just a "a opinion", I know how publicly owned coproations operate, like CBS, they *might* had sent out the press release to media sources because they fear that since revenue was down in 2011, they had to cut jobs at CBS, Ms. Teller, wanted to make the public aware something could happen.

Didn't any of you pay attention to the U.S. Stock Market in 2011? Don't you remember how bad it dropped and President Obama was worried this country was going to hit a depression? Unlike the one in 1929, this one would have been more worse!:confused:

You have to understand business to see behind the curtain of what is going on with a business like CBS, NBC, ABC, & FOX. Yes, all this plays out to if CBS has to cancel shows, cut empolyees, jobs, etc. This is no game, this is for real, and I do see CSI NY going going away if this economy doesn't get any beter soon!

I understand you folks outside the United States not understanding the U.S. Stock Market, but it has effected everything, including gas going up to over $4.00 a gallon.

13. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Please! I don't want to be rude, but please don't try to lecture the rest of us on the economic state of the world - in and outside the US! We know. And we've heard your opinion, at some length. Give it a rest now.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

We all want to know whether CSI: Miami and CSI: NY are going to get another season - I hope they do, but unfortunately we just don't know what's going on behind the scenes right now. There are probably a lot of things that will factor into their decision, but it'll be a while before they make any official announcements.

In the meantime, it's more than okay to continue discussing this topic, but let's keep it civil and try to avoid turning it into a political conversation.

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

The latest on CSI: NY according to Gary Sinise:
    CSI NY has not been Axed Says Gary Sinise

Susan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.