True Detective

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by AndyLGR, Oct 31, 2014.

1. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Finished True Detective last night, thats one of the best TV shows I've seen in a long time.​

Set in Louisiana. It was really dark in tone, in the film score and in the settings used. A real adult show. It really gave a sense of isolation and bleakness in the towns, bayous and locations they used. It reminded me of something like Silence of the Lambs in a way. The villain and the crimes were pretty gruesome, not for the easily offended.​

It was a slow burner that really grabs you to watch more. I'm glad I'd recorded it so I could watch it in big chunks.​

The performances from Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey were outstanding, especially the latter.

I see its been picked up for a second series starring Colin Farrel and Vince Vaughn. I'm not sure how that will pan out, its got a lot to live up to with the first series.​

2. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

True Detective is an absolutely fantastic show. Matthew McConaughey was phenomenal.

A lot of people are worried the second season won't go over as well because the audience can't go into it expecting the exact same thing as the first season. I'm incredibly excited to see how it goes though.

this scene in episode 4 is possibly the best piece of cinematography I've ever seen on television.