Claire Taylor's b-day

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Mac&Adam Fan, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I was reading a fan fic story where it touches on Mac at the site of the WTC at the end of Blink.

It was suggested in that story that 9/11 was Claire's B-day and a reviewer suggested they thought it was her birthday too since she got the opera tickets.

What do you guys think? Can you see it being Claire's B-Day?

I'm really not sure but it would make sense that he gets the tickets for her as a birthday gift.

2. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Nope. Not buying it. That idea with all the emotional implications and attachments is definitely a coincidence that fanfic would come up with. Not to mention, the way he gave her the tickets and the complete absence of any mention of further plans for the evening are not indicative of a birthday present. Remember, she'd been bugging him for weeks to see whichever opera it was that was performing, and the whole thing read of Mac buying tickets just because. Plus it's so within his character to do something like that. He's definitely not the sort of guy who'd get his girlfriend/wife a present only on birthdays and Christmas and I can more than totally see him being someone who'd surprise his girl simply for the pleasure of doing so. And being sneaky about it ;) :lol: And like I said, there's nothing in their interactions that morning that would lead me to believe it was her birthday.

Plus, on the technical side, there isn't anything canon to tell us her birthday. We don't even know exactly how old she was (we can guess based on Reed's age and that she "had him very young", but it's still only a guess). Unlike with Mac where they had an episode that was supposed to take place on his birthday and so we can use the date it was aired to pin down his DOB. There is nothing regarding Claire however, and any fanfic write-in of her DOB is exactly that: fanfic.

3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I *loved* the way he gave her the tickets. :adore: It was just so *Mac*.