CSI:Miami is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Nightfoxxy, May 13, 2012.

1. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Thank you CSI: Miami for the wonderful years of entertainment you provided! This show helped me through a difficult time in my life, and I will always be grateful that the cast was able to make me smile when I could have gone into depression. Looking forward to seeing everyone reassigned into bigger and better roles!

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I agree with this. Even IMHO Miami went downwards after season 3, I've still kept watching.. I will miss my David :( We still have our birthday together :p (and dvds).

Anyways, I really hate they create storylines that they cannot bring to the end, so it's kind of easier to say at the beginning of the season that this is finale season so they can end it properly. 10 years is a long run for any tv show.

CSI NY I do watch, been my fave for a few seasons now and has become even more after Sela joined.

original is the one I lost interest with, finally when LF left, even tho I've watched this season as well.

More I am mad that I've tried to find out about this in several websites and now I read about in in one crappy Finnish website. :p:p

Meh.

3. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

[highlight]RIP CSI MIAMI[/highlight]

I'm having Dejavu here (afterall this is third in a row speech)...

Anyways, thank you CSI Miami! It's been greatest ten years of my miserable life and you managed to pull me out of depression ever since my eyes saw your signature title and ears heard signature intro theme. That song will forever and always remind me of my greatest tv experience. I'll visit library one day (or friend's pc) and make a memorance wallpaper for the greatest ten-year old show that changed my universe and made the world better.
    Thank you Miami for lighting up my saddest days and darkest moods. Thank you for reviving my muse and bringing most awesome dreams that'd led my day through school and kept me believing in good when I was about to kill my classmates.
    Thank you for existing!

I've been most loyal fan in my country and probably only latvian here. And I'm damn proud I have the chance being here.
    Miami forum's been my most visited place here where I've spent most awesome days and nights spilling out my guts (thoughts) about how I love the show and certain actors.

I literally didn't know about bad news until I was hit by two headlines above, which happened only after my hunch bit me in my butt.
    I might be a psychic by slightest bit, but despite not being surprised (I knew inevitable will come but still the part of my heart kept hoping) I am sad though.
    Tv has been my closest friend and probably replaced father I never had and never will have and also been my biggest teacher and so was CSI Miami. I looked up at it taking in everything, and heck, I've learned more than I did at school.

During these ten years I've decided my future career and know that one day I'll be csi myself and will do it as best as I can.

I know I may sound like a silly teen but I truly loved the show throughout it's days.
    *getting emotional again*

I am almost out of words now and if I were alone and it's been night I can assure there'd be tears right now. I'm literally holding them until evening when I'll be letting them out. *emotional moment*

And gee all these wonderful people here on this forum I've met :luvlove: I love you all!
    I've spiked up my English skills thrice as good as they were and during my days here I have two half dead phones from all my posting bums:lol:
    I've seen most awesome pics and learned most awesome stuff about my fav actors/actresses.

And huge thanks goes to Jonathan Togo for perking up my like and respect for my glasses. If you wasn't wearing yours I'd thrown mine away.

And once again, these have been most awesome time of my life.
    And Miami truly rocks the world! My country defo. They are now better equipped for crime solving and now we do actually have some fancy csi-ish stuff:D

*emotional moment again*

4. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Wow.....just.....wow....I kinda knew this was coming but still, this news has completely ruined my day.:(

Miami has always been my favorite of the 3 shows, even though it had the most problems. I liked the characters and actors so much that I kept watching, despite the horrible writing and all of the unrealistic stuff. I wish I could say it ended on a high note, but this last season has probably been the worst one, or one of the worst. I'm glad NY got renewed, but Miami will always be my favorite.....

I hope to see all of the actors in new roles soon, and I wish them all the best, as well as the rest of the crew...

5. Montydog13

Montydog13 Victim

Miami Rocks said it all. Quietly weeping here in Scotland. Crappy weather and crappy news.

6. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Thank you Hardline-Pro for the lovely tribute to what, for me, will always be my favorite TV show and the great TV show in the world.

7. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

I saw on twitter that there was some discussion about AMC possibly picking csi Miami up a few weeks back. Don't know how true it is but we gotta hope.

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think CBS has to allow AMC to pick it up, not sure though. I also think it had to be renewed, even though TNT picked up Southland after NBC canceled it.

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Had a feeling this would happen and I think the show did too which is why the season didn't end in a cliffhanger. The ending did make it seem like this was it.

10. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I didn't see the ending. Haven't watched Miami much in the last 2 years. Guess I'd better go to cbs.com and see if I can find it.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but Miami has long since outlived its usefulness. I pretty much blew it off after Stetler got arrested. Few if any recurring characters since then. The primary characters were becoming two-dimensional. I could go on and on, but why?

You're right; it's the end of an era. In 2007, long story short, my face was glued to A&E every evening when I think they had 2 shows a night. The early seasons were like inviting family into your living room for an hour. For years Miami was my absolute favorite show. The whole CSI franchise gave me a reason to watch TV again.

I have the first 3 seasons on dvd and will watch them again and again. Godspeed, Miami. :thumbsup:

11. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Here are tweets from the cast on cancellation:

Omar Benson Miller:
    A big fat THANK YOU to ask the fans worldwide who embraced me on CSI:MIAMI!!The show is canceled, but I appreciate each & every one of YOU!

Jonathan Togo:
    To everyone who watched csi:miami, a million thanks- to the creator of the sweater vest: bite me

Emily Procter:
    I've been trying to find the words; let's see. First of all thank you. Thank you for being part of an incredible experience. To have driven recklessly in high heels and tight pants for 10 years has been more fun than I can say. To know that y'all have had fun with me makes me so happy. There are many things and many people that I will miss with this change but I know there is also beauty in the impermanence of things. I want to send a big squeeze to all of you: full of love, appreciation and thanks.

Adam Rodriguez:
    THANK YOU 2 all of the fans who've supported CSI:Miami!!! It's officially over & I hope you'll all take the ride w/me on whatever's next!!!

David Caruso:
    THANK YOU ONE and ALL... https://twitter.com/#!/davidcaruso1/status/201773797228023808/photo/1/large

12. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Can't stop crying here! :( I love that show and thank God I have DVDs from Seasons 1 to 4. I really enjoyed the last epi and thought it might happen that it would end. :(

Hardline Pro thank you for a lovely tribute on YouTube. Very nicely done. :)

And thank you all here with the wonderful members who love the series and cast. I truly enjoyed reading your posts and saw many of you have formed good friendships. That's pretty awesome! :)

What will happen to this forum now? Just wondering

All the very best to everyone. Lots of love and hugs :)

13. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

There were a lot of signs of cancellation but anyway I'm sightly shocked cuz in spite of all I hoped for the best:(

It's sad...

P.S. I know it`s childish a bit but f**k CBS!

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  14. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

When I first saw the news here, I was shocked, yet, I somehow knew that it was coming. I'm actually glad that NY has been renewed.

Obviously, the writers couldn't care less just how redundant they write in storylines for certain characters (Ryan in trouble, hardly anything involving Frank, two of the Latin characters being hot-headed and too personal when dealing with suspects or anybody, and bringing Horatio to a level of killing perps with no reprecussions). I'd like to think that the timeslot was just one of the reasons as to the show's cancellation.

I'm not sure if we could put in a thread of imagining where the characters would go after the finale. Like, Calleigh quitting the MDPD to raise her newly adopted kids, Ryan somehow ending up with Natalia, etc. I would have loved to see where the EC relationship would end up, Horatio revisiting family members like his nephew, where Tara is now, etc. Either way, I'm kind of alright with the season/series finale. The cancellation was a surprise to me.

CSI: Miami was the last CSI show that I turned to from A&E, since Spike was blowing up with NY and Vegas, which I first discovered and got hooked on. Back in 2009, I first thought that NY was the first show, followed by Vegas, followed by Miami. I dunno, maybe it's because they used to show NY alot at that time.

I'm not sure about any network that would pick up on CSI: Miami after the cancellation. I had hopes, if not high, for Ghost Whisperer when it was said to be picked up by some network. But, with Jen LH starring on The Client List, which I don't care much about, looks like GW won't be picked up anytime soon.

Thanks a million, CSI: Miami!! :(

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  15. CSI_Miamilover

CSI_Miamilover Witness

This seriously sucks! And ur right montydog13. The weather in Scotland is literally crap! we we dnt even have a parade to dance in it :mad: I hate cbs! Xox