CSI: Waking up in Vegas

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Alyshea, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Alyshea

Alyshea Hit and Run

I really hope I'm allowed to post this in it's own thread. I've read all the rules and have understood it, hopefully it's okay! Anyway, I hope to do it in chapters. If anybody has any idea's or wants to write ANYTHING for this! Feel free to message me! I'm running low on Idea's (Hence the slow-go of the first chapter!) If anything is wrong with my story or against the rules, i'll happily change it! I hope you enjoy it!

Alyshea :D xx

- - - - - - - -

PG-13 - just mature topic's of conversation (swearing edited out, no "scenes").

After Warricks death and Gil's departure the CSI's need a new pair of eyes alongside Ray. "Jersey Girl" Lara Healy joins the team, and is supervised by Nick. She has a secret though, but won't confide in anybody. Nick gradually becomes good friends with her, and she tells him about her time at Trenton PD, and what really happened, and what really went on. Case after case, they get closer and a romance blossoms between the two. End in tears? or will Lara be Nick's soulmate?

- - - - - - - -

CSI: Waking up in Vegas
    Chapter 1: Introducing Jersey Girl.

Clarke County had always been the place of crime, but what Nick was enduring was something different, something he thought he never would. Two weeks of witnesses, officers and suspects being tortured and killed and every lead being destroyed, him and the rest of the team didn’t hold out much hope to find the killer, the case was that big, it even had it's own name "The Clarke County Massacre”. Nick was glad a new, fresh pair of eyes was joining. A female pair, much to his delight; he glanced across his office which just seemed starved of company; he leaned back in his chair, then slowly forward. He opened the file which was sat before him; it read: “Alara Nicole Healy: CSI Level 3 Transfer”, Nick sighed and rubbed his eyes using his thumb and index finger.

“Mr. Stokes?” A soft Irish accent whispered gracefully across the room.

Nick looked up to see a young, slender, redhead stood in the doorway of his office, for a moment he completely forgot about everything and just admired her beauty.

“Nick… call me Nick” his Texas accent replied.
    “I’m the new CSI, my names-“
    “Alara” Nick answered still gazing at the redhead. She just giggled.
    “Everybody I know just calls me Lara”
    “Lara” Nick quietly repeated to himself, “Come in, we’ll go through your file”

Lara slowly walked over to the chair in front of his desk while Nick looked through her folder,

“You sound ...Irish?” Nick asked her, hoping he wasn’t wrong.
    “Yes, but I grew up in New Jersey”
    “You do have a Jersey twang I guess” Nick laughed, Lara just smiled and studied his expression. “You wanted the move because you weren’t fitting in?”
    “I suppose” Lara looked down at her lap; Nick felt a weird vibe come from her words, like she was ashamed of the reason why.
    “Can you tell me wh-“
    “No!” Lara quickly jumped in, then she steadied herself and carried on “I… just don’t confide in people I’ve only just met”
    “Lara…” Nick closed her file and rested his hands onto it, “I’m your supervisor, and if you ever want to talk… then I’m always here”
    "Thank you that means a lot” Lara smiled.
    Nick stared into her deep green sparkling eyes, he could feel a cheesy pick up line coming on, but he resisted and changed the subject.
    “Shall I show you around?”
    "Really? I never had my very own tour guide” Lara’s smile widened as she lifted up out of the leather chair she sat on, Nick stood up too and walked over to the door. She soon followed the Texan out.

“And this is the AV Lab, where we-“
    “No offence Nick, but I’m a CSI level 3, I know what an AV lab is”
    “Oh, of course... anyway this is Archie, our AV expert” Nick caught Archie’s attention
    “You’re the newbie? Hi! I’m Arch” Archie held out his hand
    “Hi Archie” Lara shook his hand
    “Say, Nick, since when do you show around the new ones?” Archie questioned Nick.
    “And out here is trace” Nick avoided the question and walked opposite the AV lab, Archie & Lara smiled at each other as she exited. “This is Hodges”.
    “Nick, if you’re here for your evidence, its no where near finished, in fact I haven’t even started it! I’ve been working to the bone, you know what? I think I need a break” Hodges ranted on.

Nick was barley taking any notice in anything he said, he was thinking about everything: the case, his feelings; everything was on his mind. Lara was quite the opposite; she had started a conversation with Hodges, which Nick was wading in and out of. Hodges yelling caught his attention.

"Are you going to take Jersey Girl on the rest of her tour? Or are you going to stand there and stare at the evidence all day!” Hodges seemed fierce as he spoke.
    “Giddy up, Nick!” Lara cheerily chirped walked out the Trace lab; Nick stood and glared at Hodges. “Kiss-ass” he muttered under his breathe, he turned and exited.

“And finally, this is the morgue... as you’ve probably guessed” Nick smirked.
    Catherine, Ray & Sara came out of autopsy.
    “That’s three more to the list” Ray sighed
    “We’re back to that brick wall we keep hitting in this case” Sara added to Ray’s comment.
    “Case?” Lara looked at Nick in curiosity. “Clarke County massacre case?”
    “Massacre” Catherine laughed, “Nevada’s a blood bath”
    “Sara, Ray, Cath; this is CSI Lara Healy, she’s joining us next week” Nick told them
    “Hopefully this case will be over by next week!” Ray shook her hand, as did the others.
    "Next year if we’re lucky” Nick sighed.

There was an awkward silence between them all. Sara’s cell rang and the feeling went.

“Gil?” Sara answered her cell as she walked out the morgue.
    “Shifts nearly over” Catherine stated “Fancy breakfast, I’m starving?”
    “Could do with it, I’ll go get my coat” Nick exited and walked back to his office. Lara stayed to meet the rest of the team. Ray joined Nick and Catherine to breakfast.

The subject of the new girl kept popping up around the CSI’s.
    “She’s a looker, I’ll give her that” Ray laughed
    “She’s young enough to be your daughter!” Catherine smiled at Ray
    “What do you think Nick?” Ray and Cath looked at Nick
    “Nick?” Catherine noticed Nick was gazing into space “Do you think he has the curse of the love bug!” Catherine and Ray amused themselves by laughing at Nick. He soon snapped out of his trance.
    “She’s lovely, but nothing will happen.” Nick smiled
    “Do you think she’s any good?” Catherine asked Nick.
    “She’s a level three, that’s higher than me” Ray told her.
    “Doesn’t mean she’s any good” Nick said, as he sipped his coffee.
    A silence fell between the three of them,
    “I’m beat, I’m going home” Nick finished up, said goodbye and walked out.

He sat in the driver’s seat of his SUV with his arm resting over the steering wheel just thinking, ‘Is this ever going to end?’. He drove back home, and just lay in bed and stared at his cream ceiling. After hours, he dozed off. Who really knew what this case could bring?

- - - - - - - -

(Lara Healy is made up for people who think its a "Spoiler")
    Check back for 'Chapter 2' - Thankyou for reading!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010