Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

all I have to say is, Is it Friday yet????? I am sooooo anxious for this ep.

3. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I am so excited to see the season finale because it looks so good, but I am almost sick that the thought it could be the last new episode ever. I am hoping CBS makes the right choice.

4. MacsGirlMel

Me too. Gary Sinise said on his Twitter that it should be decided in about two weeks.

5. MacsGirlMel

Update: His tweet today said we should know sometime next week.

6. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Yep. Upfronts are May 16.

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

8. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

9. PHANTOMERIK

PHANTOMERIK Dead on Arrival

Well judging by the hirtherto unknown depths the show's ratings and the all important 18-49 demographic are dropping to (in comparison even Body of Proof did better yes that Body of Proof the one with the target firmly painted on it's back) I don't think it could have been made any clearer just how truly loathed Christine is could it. From the moment season 6 first aired it seems TPTB did everything they possible could do to alienate as much of their own audience as they could well congrat's Ms Veasey and co looks like your finally going to get your wish RIP CSI NY we will miss you even Houdini would struggle with this 'Great Escape.'

10. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Maybe that's because Melina jumped the shark with the utterly unbelievable and ludicrous episode that was 'Grounds for Deception'... :shifty: By the time we got quality episodes back on any sort of regular or semi-regular basis in seasons 7 and 8, it was too late. Well, for a season 9 at any rate considering it DID get renewed last year.

11. MacsGirlMel

Yeah but then there are quite a few on here who do like her. I don't think there's clear evidence it's actually her causing any ratings issues. If they were slipping from the beginning of season 6, that was way before Christine ever showed up. I'm really not totally sure why she's getting hated on...I don't think she's such a bad character myself. I understand the Peyton dislike more in retrospect, but am enjoying it this time around.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Maybe it's the shippers?

Also, I like that the TBTB have done a better job this time than with Peyton, D/L, and Sheldon and his girl.

I have to admit, I kinda was hoping to see Lucy in this episode even though I know we see her coming Friday.

13. MacsGirlMel

Yeah, it could be the shippers...surprising how intense ship to ship combat can get LOL. Everyone's always going to have their own opinions, and that's how it should be...I just don't think Christine alone is to blame, though I'd be willing to concede she could be part of it if the drop's gotten more intense since she started appearing.

They didn't do that great with Peyton and Hawke's gf, I agree there, (SO glad whatshername hasn't shown up again...Hawkes is so much better than that.) though my opinion on D/L obviously differs...not going to start debating it again though. Like I said, everybody has their own opinions, and it'd be boring if we didn't. I'm willing to coexist.

I got confused too with Lucy, but the spoilers said she'd be in this week's, I realized. I don't see her listed in the guest credits, but it'll still probably happen.

The promo does make me wanna go nuts, but it's a little more managable since we know Mac'll survive at least. I wish we could see some of his rehab, just to see him and Danny talking over it LOL. Different type of injuries, but Danny still can attest to what it's like. So could Flack, for that matter...they could both encourage him. And Mac's so stubborn, he'd push himself way faster than the doctors wanted him too LOL. It'd be interesting and against the fast Hollywood healing if he went overboard and had setbacks because he's going too far too fast. If we get another season, I'd love some mentions of that stuff.

14. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Sneak Peek Csi ny 8.18 Near Death

/

source: http://tvline.com/2012/05/09/csi-ny-season-8-finale-video

15. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I am pleased to see again Claire. It is a very attractive woman in contrast to Christine. She would better fit to Mac.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.