Dislike a Ship?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by calleighdelko, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

In other words, Sara, an independent and intelligent woman, was reduced to being a door mat! It's like TPTB made her into some sort of masochist. Grissom, who's always by the book, finally giving in to Sara's advances, was just too out of character.

Another reason why I dislike GSR is the fact that Grissom and Sara are cut from the same cloth. They're too alike to be really good for each other. Why put two socially inept people together? Where's the fun in that? Besides, I never saw any real chemistry between the two. It just seemed too orchestrated and too forced for my liking. Bottom line, Grissom and Sara never sparked romantically.

Heeeeee, I'm not a fan of Mac/Stella (I'm an Flack/Stella shipper as you know ;)) but I do agree with you here. I wouldn't want to see my ship going canon either (like it ever will :rolleyes: :lol:) since TPTB would probably just mess it up. A little flirting now and then doesn't hurt. So yeah, why mess with a really good thing?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. EmilyBarton

EmilyBarton Hit and Run

I dislike the Mac/Lindsay relationship because I think its just too awkward and uncomfortable as the same Stella/Hawkes.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

One reason I never liked it was how seemed to monpolize discussons on the board and how it split the fans. We all liked the same show, but somehow we all got categorized into nonGSR fans/GSR fans and it was sort of sad really.

I think that's why I'm glad the characters are gone because the fractions are gone.

4. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

Mac/Lindsay is not my type too..Mac/Stella is better for me, although like what the others say it's not likely gonna happen..Danny/Lindsay is ok though :) I'm not a GSR fan either..I just don't see what others see..but I do like Warrick/Cath...they are cute :)

5. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I disliked GSR originally because it ruined the chances for Sandle and because it dominated fanfiction soooo much. Now it's growing on me, though I still think it worked better before it became canon, and that Cath and Griss have better chemistry.

6. electra

electra Pathologist

IMO Sara and Grissom were both too serious.I can't even recall a flirty banter or a funny scene between the 2.Everything was so dark and depressing.Both of them needed someone to make them laugh and enjoy life.Sara was an emotional mess and Grissom helped her but that made him look like a father figure to her in my eyes.

Also Grissom lost my respect in the way he behaved.He was her supervisor so that was not professional.

7. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I like Sara and Grissom together as a minor one, not a hardcore.

I just don't see Sara with Greg and they don't match with each other. Sara is too serious and Greg is too funny and immature for Sara and they don't have nothing in common.

I think I see Greg with Riley, I don't think Greg is too immature for Riley. I think they are just right for each other. Riley don't make a nasty comment to Greg like Sara does before the fifth season come along. Sara always made a nasty comment to Greg all the time like Grow up Greg or hurry up Greg and quit talking Greg.

8. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I agree that GSR was very polarizing. It sucked that TPTB chose to shove that one down everyone's throat.

You got this one right. Yes, it was too dark and too angst-ridden. They were both sooo gloomy. I saw it as very unhealthy for the both of them. They needed to loosen up a bit and getting them together was just too much to contemplate. It just overshadowed everything on the show. Like GSR was one big cloud looming over the show. It was such a shame that it took too much screen time away from the other characters.

As for Gris being a father figure to Sara, I always thought that that was how it came across the screen.

For someone who put so much premium on his job, I couldn't fathom why he decided to pursue a relationship with a subordinate. Sure, he realized that he needed a distraction outside work after all that happened with Nicky getting buried alive and Brass almost dying...but for someone who was so by the book and who took pride in his professionalism, that was totally out of character and so un-Grissom like.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Reading the past few posts, it's apparent that the fans who posted these are obviously are not GSR fans, dark and gloomy:( they laughed and smiled all the time, and had mega flirty banter. I can't post caps here but there are many of them doing just that! so that's way off, and as far as he being her surpervisor, they kept it hidden and were extremly discreet and private and no one knew, and it was so Grissom to be like that, so I respect that special aspect of this fabulous relationship. Some other ships however, like the new girl Riley and Greg or Nick together to me is way off kilter, she's brand new and hardly looking to date or be with a new team member, in a romantic manner, so that would be a dislike. So far their is no ship really to discuss, but down the line anything is possible on CSI:evil:

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hello all.

I've noticed that this thread has turned into a serious dislike of GSR.
    Yes that is just one ship of the many couples on all three shows.

Please remember that this thread is for discussion of WHY you don't see a pairing NOT why THEY SHOULD be together.

Stuff like this....
    Should be on the debate thread. Located here

Also remember to respect everyone else. Just because they don't like GSR, Danny/Lindsay, Mac/Stella or whom ever doesn't mean they are wrong.

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Desertwind, this is the DISLIKE A Ship thread, therefore the posts are going to be about DISLIKING ships as I stated to you further up this thread. That means anybody who doesn't like GSR has a right to say so and why. This is NOT a debate thread so therefore nobody (including you) should be debating why they like GSR. This goes for any and all ships. Also, nobody has been posting screencaps in this thread so I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say many are doing that and it's way off. :confused: I also don't get what you mean by there not being any ship to discuss. The ships discussed in this thread do NOT have to be canon. Let's just stick to what ships you don't like and refrain from calling other posters dark and gloomy. Everybody has a right to like/dislike whichever ship they choose.

Also, your banner (two icons together) is too tall. It is 200x100 and board rules state it must be smaller than 220x75. Please resize.

Thanks.

ETA: oops. hhunter, you posted as I was writing but I'm leaving them both up. :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  12. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

A ship I also disliked, besides GSR, was Sandle just because I felt that Sara was just too emotionally screwed up to be in anything romantic, not whole heartedly anyways. I feel that if maybe the Sara couple had been written differently, then maybe. But I don't believe in re-writing characters in the sake of shipping them, as they did for GSR. IMO, Grissom going undercover with Sara seemed WAY OOC on his part. He just never, ever seemed like the type to do that.

A friend of mine keeps trying to shove the Love down my throat, and the more she does, the more I see two brothers together. A little brother and a big brother, and I don't think that will ever change.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I just don't see the chemistry between Nick and Greg. It's love alright, brotherly love. That's why I don't like it.

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I agree with you, myfuturecsi. I don't see no chemistry between Nick and Greg. All I see them as a little brother and big brother.

I got a question that I can't figure it out the rhyme between Greg and Nick. They called 'The Love' What kind of rhyme is that. I don't understand that one, they don't fit with Nick and Greg.

I understand other shippers, but not The Love. Can you PM me? It better to PM me then here.

15. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

To make this post relatively legal I'll say this, whenever any ship draws too much focus away from the show, that's when I start to not like it. If there has to be a relationship woven into the drama I prefer it when it's subtle and on the sidelines. Hints and implications are always better than show and tell, since we all like to use our imaginations anyway.

But the original point of my post is to suggest another rule could be added to the guidelines of the "Dislike a ship?" thread. I think this thread might seem a lot less confrontational and less prone to turning into battle if a rule about repetition is enforced. My suggestion is just something along the lines of :

Don't repeat yourself. If don't have something new to say about why you dislike one ship or another then just don't post.

Posting the same thing over and over is bound to make people think you're trying to stir the pot or identify yourself as some kind of rabid ship warrior.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.