Dislike a Ship?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by calleighdelko, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I don't really read this thread...and now I'm sorry I have.

First of all, gender and sexuality issues are awfully complicated and sensitive to even rightly bother bringing them up in a thread about SHIPS, but since you seem bent on doing so, you have to realize that you just suggested no one "put sexuality in a box", and in the same sentence managed to reduce homosexuality to a a couple of BASE questions on the the issue WHILE pointing out that you are capable of denying it's very existence in media, more specifically this narrative. Whether or not you see it, that is just as detrimental as being outwardly aggressive towards homosexuality. I'll give you an example: A lot of people say there is NO glass ceiling for working women anymore. Strangely enough, a lot of these people are men. It's very hard to accept something as an issue when you don't see it as an issue. If I felt I was being over looked in my workplace, that I was experiencing the glass ceiling, would I be wrong in thinking that it's there, looming over me just because my male co-workers don't see it?

Not only is that completely irresponsible, but downright offensive.

Secondly, you all take great solace in bantering about subjects as volatile as incest, and orientation in a thread wherein anyone who gives you a different point of view can be reminded this is not a debate thread and they need to take it elsewhere.

I think it's fair to say that some people argue for homosexuality's right to exist in the media because of their specific fanship of a particular pairing, sure, but I seriously hope you're all taking into account that every time you debase the possibility of homosexual content experienced through a narrative you repress a real person. You repress the way an individual has connected to a character or characters and you repress the way they experience things from a less than hetero-normative point of view.

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

As I stated when I re-opened this thread, this is NOT the place to talk about the following:

I would like to add the following:

~ This is NOT a debate thread.

~ There will be NO discussion about which couple is better or why couple A isn't right over couple B

~ There will be NO discussion that couple A or character A cannot be gay since everybody has a right to ship who they want.

~ This thread is to state who you don't think would be able to last as a couple and it doesn't matter if they are canon or not. ANY couple you do not think can last.

This is NOT what I wanna see in here:

The point of this thread is NOT whether there are canon ships or not. It is to state which couple you do NOT like and the reasons why you do not like them and it is NOT up for debate in this thread. If your opinion differs take it to the ship debate thread.

To quote the rules above: ~ There will be NO discussion that couple A or character A cannot be gay since everybody has a right to ship who the want.

This means you CANNOT come in here and say they are not gay..PERIOD. You can say you do not see them as gay or believe they are but DO NOT tell others they are not.

Just about anything can be argued in almost any situation but this it NOT the thread to debate if Nick is gay or not. You don't believe he is, that's fine but do NOT discredit others because they see him as gay. Just state which ships you don't like and why..PERIOD.

This is a great example of why you cannot say character A is not gay.

Um..NO. As the first rules stated, this is NOT a debate thread. State the ship/s you dislike, quote others who feel the same way about the ships you dislike but do NOT debate this. Also, this is not the thread to state which ships you like. After all, it is called the Dislike a Ship thread.

This is the only warning you are gonna get on this because the rules are perfectly clear and everybody is expected to follow them. If you can't follow the rules, this thread will be closed AGAIN and it can just fall into the abyss and be forgotten about for good.

I feel like I'm freakin' repeating myself. Wonder why that is?

Back on topic.

thanks

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Okay so the reason I dislike The Love is because I only see Nick and Greg as brothers. They seem like really good friends but that's about it for me.

My friend who is also a fan of CSI brought up Catherine and Greg (Is there a name for that ship?) and I thought WHAT?!?! That is like a mother and a son relationship. Or at least an aunt and a newphew or something. It's exactly in the same boat as GSR in the sense that it is awkward for me to see the mom and pop of the lab being with much younger couterparts, let alone counterparts that really resemble the children they never had.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree about Cath/Greg. Though I would say more aunt/nephew than mother/son. Though I do think they have great chemistry, I just don't personally see it as romantic chemistry.

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I dislike the D/L ship now. I never really had any big beef about them until they threw in the pregnancy storyline, at what seemed like the oddest time ever.
    I was a bit ":wtf:" when Danny offered Rikki his "full breakfast buffet", but at least it was exciting to watch & it grabbed my attention more than what they had done so far.
    I might grow to enjoy what they're doing later with D/L, but I haven't been able to get a good feel for them this season. CSIs having a baby (& something too spoilerish for me to say) with everything all peachy doesn't mesh well with crime scene investigating - I wish now they would've just hid Anna's belly behind a desk & let D/L go on wondering about each other for a while.

It isn't that I just can't stand it or anything; it just would've made more sense for them to sleep with each other again, have an "oops" pregnancy, & then take the time to figure out how they really feel before jumping full force into the I love you's & all that.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Another ship that I really wouldn't want to be canon is Mac/Stella. The two have such a wonderful dynamic as they are, I would hate to see a romance get in the way of that. TV shows always want to pair up the male and female leads and I think it would be better for the show to keep Mac and Stella as co-workers and very close friends.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  7. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Cath/Greg in earlier season (probably S1-6) is definitely one I don't like, mainly because S1-6 Greg just felt too young. That said, his character has felt a lot more mature in the last few seasons, especially S9, and now I can kind of see potential for that ship. Cath and Greg are probably my favorite characters (though Wendy and Riley are quickly approaching as well), but I like each of them with other people (Greg w/ Riley, Wendy, Nick or, on occasion, Sara; Cath with Warrick or, on occasion, Griss, Vartann, Keppler or even Ray) more than with each other. I feel like they're both characters that have a lot of chemistry with a lot of other characters, and there are characters with whom they each have more in common. I don't mean to be age-ist, but I would probably rather see them each with characters of more similar ages.

8. electra

electra Pathologist

I seriously dislike D/L.There are some ships that I don't like but at least I can say that there is a connection between chracters.With them nothing like that is present at all.Danny is way more comfortable around Flack and Stella then Lindsay.She was not even supportive of him when the whole Ruben storyline was around.And since all their "happy moments" like the famous reconciliation happened off screen i can not say much.

Perfectanomaly sig explains the best about their relationship.They were not even taking to each other and now they are happy parents of a baby.No way.

9. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I really dislike Mac and Stella as a ship.
    They have a great friendship which could be jeoperdized when they get romantically involved.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think dislike is a strong word more like absurd, [trying to be nice and discreet]. But on that note, I never saw any connection like some did on the Gil/Cath issue, They to me were always out of sync, on everything, the way they worked so different, he's an observer, and takes his time is slow and methodical, and she's instantaneous and goes with her first thoughts, She always looked perplexed, distrubed and confused by his ways:confused: and visa versa he never got her, nor understood her ways. And he was disturbed when she compromised evidence:( and in their private lives, He was a stay at home playing with his bugs and listening to classical music, watching old movies with Sara.[who he was in tune with] She [Cath] was a party type gal. One time when she was meeting one of her many guys and was all slicked up, he even asked "going out" and she replied "I've got some unfinished business" I realize they did have some friendly moments, and cute banter, but that's all it was.. and in the end he was never romantically, nor she interested in one another!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  11. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I wish you had posted this in the Great Ship Debate thread! DANG IT! :)

See, that is the way I felt about Sara. I felt like Sara was always chasing Grissom around like a stray dog and that he never really showed interest until Season 5ish. I hoped Sara would get a clue and leave the man alone and pursue Hank more.

I always saw it as a cat and mouse game, then it became a catch and release situation where he let her go, then she came back, and then he let her go again. Too much drama for me personally.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Kimbo I tried to pm you, and explain my dilemma, but it says 'you don't accept pm's", anyway the "Great Ship Debate" gets way out of hand, and to chaotic and too much friction and arguing for me..:scream: I'd rather not go on there!

13. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I just tried to PM you and it says you banned me haha. I know what you mean about the debate thread though.

I never realized how many ships there were until I came to this thread! Too many to remember.

A friend of mine had a debate with my sister about Nick and Catherine.

The only problem I had about Nick and Catherine is that, well, I want Nick with Sara/Wendy/Riley and I want Catherine with Gil/Warrick/Ray. But other than that it seems logical enough to me.

14. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Now I'm a major SMac fan.:shifty: No denying that.:shifty: But I've been doing alot of thinking myself in that department. I can see myself disliking them as a cannon couple.. I don't want to see them go Cannon now. They have such a yin and yang chemistry as great friends/partners. Why ruin that, by making them a couple. Think how boring they would be, when all those little looks and gesters disappear;) .

So I have to say... Leave them where they are obviously happy. With their little flirts and touches. That's what makes them so Mac/Stella.:)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about here but this is the 'Dislike a Ship' thread and if you don't like a ship, the opposite of that is dislike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.