Dislike a Ship?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by calleighdelko, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

GSR- that's the ship I didn't like. Ok, but I have to say when I first started watching CSI, yeah I could see it between them. Especially in Invisible Evidence and the 'pin me down' scene. Yeah, there were sparks. I guess it was just the way it was presented. And how it was supposed to be 'from the beginning'. If that was the case then why have Grissom drool over Lady Heather? And his shameless flirting with Catherine in seasons 1-4?
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVED Grissom and I liked Sara but putting them together turned me off from both of them.

The other ship I didn't like was YoBling. Again, they had some sparks, but I saw it more of a sexual thing than anything lasting.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

The thing is like it or not, this couple are together, is what they wanted, not what some wanted, but what they did. They had a long standing relationship, as Grissom stated to Ecklie in "TCOTCDC" he said "9 years", it wasn't bam and then they were in bed together, [which happened 3 separate times on CSI], it was long standing, and the real life people Billy Petersen and Jorja Fox, and the writers always kept this going, although there were a few bumps along the road, they were always going to end up together, and they did. As far as Grissom being a father figure, he's 14 years older than Sara, and love is love, no matter the age:confused: that's silly. He was a sad morose guy and went to where he belonged where his heart was and where he wanted to be, with his other half, and now their together and happy and it's beautiful thing! Some fans were estatic, some weren't, and some could care less. As far as disliking other ships, there really were no other ships that were valid. Lots of combinations, that fans liked or loved, but it was woulda, shoulda, coulda, but never did happen. I wonder if TPTB will bring two other people together, beings the one that seemed to fly was Cath and Warrick but alas, they killed him off, what a shame. She must be suffering. I also wondered if the counselor that was brought on board to help the team through their grief just vanished and we never saw if the grieving team members got no hope to ease their trauma, or got to speak their piece!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Okay, again, the last post I made was my opinion. I honestly did not see all of the sparks you are talking about. To me, I felt as if TPTB were gonna do the ship anyways, regardless.

And yes, we are bringing up other ships, whether you see them as "valid" or not. I do not see GSR as "valid" but we are discussing it anyways, so I would hope for the same respect ;).

To me, the Gil and Sara in bed situation was all for a shock factor. I vaguely remember them saying "Don't miss the end" of the episode because they knew people would be shocked.

I feel like the end of "One to Go" was so...soap operish, IMO. Just so...ugh.

I agree, age doesn't matter when it comes to love, but I'm not talking about age, I'm talking about maturity levels and everything else. In my opinion, Gil was the daddy of the group, Cath the mother. So Sara going for him seemed like something Sigmund Freud would write about!

4. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

Oh where to start?

Grissom/Nick: The first time I saw this ship I seriously did a triple take. Grissom's treatment of Nick through his entire run of the show pissed me off to no end. See page 44 of TexanCharm#31 for a better articulation.

Sara/ Nick: Was another WTF for me.
    Sara: Who did Grissom hand pick to work here?
    Me : Shove it cow.:scream:
    It always seemed like she looked down on Nick. Especially in the early seasons she always seemed like a snotty older sister parroting Grissom.

GSR :rolleyes:. Moving on.

I never got into YoBling, but they would have been cute.

Warrick/ Nick made sense to me. The boys being such close buddies and all.

Wedges: blech, Wendy is just so the generic hot girl to me. Hodges, stfu. Don't hate it just don't want it sucking screen time from people I like.

Nick and Mandy is another I can't wrap my head around. I can think of two actual scenes they've had, the singing and 9x15?. Mandy's comments about recruiting for her cult and Grand theft auto seem like she's a little sarcastic for a sensitive guy like Nick.

Viva "The Love":thumbsup:

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I can't wrap my head around Nick and Greg (and please do not flame me or scream at me about this). This thread is about disliking a ship.

I just don't see it. I don't see the spark and don't see any looks that would indicate to me otherwise. I'm sure others do, but I don't and I never will.

And that's that
    Just a quick note, they've had several scenes together:

Burked-Hey Mandy, what's Dandy
    The Unsual Suspect
    Happenstance
    Let It Bleed
    Deep Fried and Minty

They have such a geniuine sweetness about them, Mandy makes the guy smile.

But this is a thread about disliking a ship-so I'll stop here.

I'm sure there's more, but since I'm not one to obsess over every little scenes my ship is in, I can't recall them all.;)

I love that expression 'bromance' to describe Hodges and Grissom. I never thought of it that way. I just thought Hodges was looking for some kind of validation from Grissom he never got as a kid, but then so was Sara..so maybe there was something!:lol:

6. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I totally see your point here. I think the big reason GSR would work better than the bromance of Hodges/Grissom is that Sara wouldn't talk incessantly. I think that if Grissom were living with Hodges, he would have constant migraines.

7. electra

electra Pathologist

To be fair,I always noticed something between Grissom and Sara,just never a sexual thing.For that reasons that bed scene left me with an incest kind of feeling(not real ).Not to mention I didn't had any warning.Sara was an emotional wreck IMO and Grissom was able to get to her.UST was never there to my knowledge.

Take an exemple Grissom with lady heather.Sexual tension was obvious.She doesn't need him to be fixed becouse she is a strong person on her own but both of them burn my TV screen.

And Kimbo.Yobling was great!!I want them back.:(

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I never got the Grissom/LH thing. To me it always seemed like an Alternate Universe. We were expected to believe that Grissom went from being a geeky, socially inept middle aged misfit who disliked human connection, to a sexual being that someone like LH couldn't resist? Yes, there was sexual tension there and WP can play sexy, but those episodes were in there own CSI bubble. The next episode he was back to being an entomologist who loved his bugs more than people. I just didn't buy it as realistic. He was too out of character, and I guess I prefer the geeky scientist. I think if he was allowed to play Grissom like that with Sara, people would have seen more sexual chemistry, but that's not they way the characters were portrayed.
    The Grissom/LH scenes were interesting to watch, but I just never saw them as a ship.

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I have always seen the sexual tension between Grissom and Lady Heather, and obviosly TPTB saw it too, because that seems to be one of the main reason they kept bringing her back. Plus, it adds to the drama of GSR. It always left the question "Would LH and Gil...ya know?" linger IMO. Did I necessarily like LH/Gil? No, not really. But it was a better alternative to GSR because, again IMO, LH/Gil actually evolved in front of viewers quite rapidly.

With the whole Grissom going from a "geeky, socially inept middle aged misfit...to a sexual being.", I believe that that is totally possible. After all, looking at the episode in which LH guest starred, that is what she does. She takes business men, stay at home Dad's, the rich and powerful, and yes, the "socially inept" and dominates them if you will. That is her job. So I think it is totally possible.

Plus, LH wasn't your everyday woman, and she somewhat saw things from Grissom's point of view and maybe that is what turned him onto her, IMO.

I will say that I saw a few sparks between Gris and Sara. With the whole pin me down situation and a few others. But I never really saw a love realtionship blossom from that. Another problem I had with GSR is the fact that it turned both Gil and Sara into love sick puppies. Sara was so indepentdent in the first couple seasons. Gil was some waht the same. To me I just didn't like what it did to each of the characters.

10. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Yeah, I have to agree with pretty much all of this. :) Except, I'm actually liking the Wedges thing, go figure. Also, I can't see the Warrick/Nick thing at all. There is a brotherly, competitive type relationship...and while I get oodles of 'Nicky is so very gay' moments, and a fair few from Greg too, I have nothing like that from Warrick full stop. Just my perspective, mind, but there it is.

Also, lmao at your Nick/Sara thing there. I can't see N/S in part because of the way Nick shut her down/ignored all her attempts to flirt with him...although she's not the only woman he does that too by a long shot. But once she stopped doing that, they settled into a very lovely friendship, and I enjoy Sara the most when she's with Nick.

Viva The Love, indeed. :p

The Hodges/Grissom thing I can see, but only from Hodges' side. I think he's fascinated by Grissom in an almost hero worshipy kind of way, and that translates into his almost stalker tendencies, not to mention the 'Are you asking me on a date?' scene from which ep again? (which is so TW like I lmao-ed through it...sry Hodges, you're no Ianto...)

And yeah, GSR works waaay more than G/H ever would. Despite my apathy for GSR, I gotta give you that one, big time.

I totally saw the Grissom/LH thing...it's like she was able to bring out a side of him that no one else we met could...we got a hint of it with Terri Miller, but much more with Lady Heather. I liked the Grissom/LH relationship...it seems to me they have a deep understanding of each other.

That said, I know what you mean about the lack of sexual tension with Sara...I could see the emotional connection they were building, and I can believe their feelings based on that, but it never rang true to me and I'm thinking now that the reason for that is because the ust was lacking. It's like it was only a half a relationship.

Ahh well, I do like how it played out, all things considered, and I hope they'll be happy.

Now up with The Love. :adore:

11. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

The Love is Nick and Greg right? If it is then let me start of by saying that I totally support slash as I have said before, but I just don't see it. I see them as frat brothers trying to one up each other. I serisously see Nick as Greg's older brother who guides him through life. Meanwhile, Greg takes notes. That is literally all I see. I really have tried to see The Love, but I just can't. It feels like incest to me :(.

12. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Yeah, the Love is Nick/Greg. :)

Everyone sees it differently, that's for sure...for me the Warrick/Nick thing would be way more like incest. :shifty:

And, in a way perhaps influenced by the Daddy Grissom feel, (I see it too.) Grissom/Everyone. ;)

:p

13. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I totally agree with you. I can't see it. I could see Nick and Warrick together and Nick and Grissom, but not Nick and Greg. Greg has always reminded me of Nick and Warrick's little brother. Of course, Nick and Warrick are like brothers too, so...

But, of course, because I don't follow the Love and don't want it shoved into my face that makes me a homophobe :rolleyes:. I don't like GSR shoved in my face either, so I guess that makes me anti-hetero too. :rolleyes: All it manages to do to me AND others, is make you start to hate one or both of the characters of said ship or slash.

I've read fanfics for all three slashes and still can't see Nick/Greg. Of course, I can't see Greg/Warrick or Greg/Grissom either.

As none of the characters are gay, it would never happen on the show, but in the fanfics there have been some hot scenes with all three slashes.

I mean Grissom and Sara are the only actual ship on the show and I so can't see that one either. There is no chemistry there, not as a couple. I think both of them are too unemotionally available to be together.

I could see Grissom with Catherine, Terri Miller, or Lady Heather. I couldn't see Sara with any of the guys or ladies of the show. To me, she is a very unromantic person.

I don't ship or slash anyone on the show, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't write about them or read the fanfics. Fantasy is always fun.

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I agree with everything you said speedystokesgirl.

I can also see Nick and Catherine. I can't see Catherine and Sara either.

One ship I can see the most is PureJoy which seems awesome. Yes, GSR is the only ship really presented on the show, but I don't really see it. :(

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Good point about the homophobe because it's the big issue I've had to deal with is being labelled a homophobe because I don't support Nick and Greg-it's not the case as I just don't see them as a couple.

Truthfully, someone made a comment about Nick as a gay and that's why I don't support slash ships because for every example of a 'gay' moment I could come up with an argument that says otherwise. What is gay? What makes someone gay? I took a Gender Issues course years ago and if anything I learned from it is that we can't put a sexuality in a box. It's too fluid.

Truth is the matter is that I've disliked both hetro and homo ships.

Now back to the debate..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.