Renewed/Canceled/Info shows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: Renewed or canceled shows

:wtf: Family Guy has a spin off? :guffaw: Somehow, I just can't see it being all that successful.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online:

NBC will cancel Trauma after its original 13-episode run, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Tvguide.com - Is Your Favorite Show in Danger?

It's that time of year: The networks are looking ahead to January and their midseason schedules, but some fall shows will have to be canceled to make room for the new stuff. Here's our list of 15 at-risk shows, many of which have posted significant ratings declines. Others are expensive to produce, a little long in the tooth, or just aren't performing as well as their timeslot competition — or even other shows on their own networks. Read about the issues each faces and then weigh in on which deserve to stay — or go.
    (We'll keep updating the list of renewals and cancellations at the bottom of the page, so check back for the latest scheduling news.)

CANCELED/NOT RETURNING (most recent first)
    Trauma (Oct. 28, 2009, after its 13-episode run)
    Southland (Oct. 8, 2009)
    The Beautiful Life: TBL (Sept. 25, 2009)

PICKED UP FOR FULL SEASON
    Community (Oct. 23, 2009)
    Mercy (Oct. 23, 2009)
    Parks and Recreation (Oct. 23, 2009)
    Melrose Place (Oct. 21, 2009, 18 episodes)
    The Vampire Diaries (Oct. 21, 2009)
    Castle (Oct. 20, 2009)
    FlashForward (Oct. 12, 2009)
    Cougar Town (Oct. 8, 2009)
    The Middle (Oct. 8, 2009)
    Modern Family (Oct. 8, 2009)
    The Good Wife (Oct. 7, 2009)
    NCIS: Los Angeles (Oct. 7, 2009)
    One Tree Hill (Sept. 23, 2009)
    Glee (Sept. 21, 2009)

Endangered:
    Brothers (Fridays at 8/7c, Fox)
    Issues: This family sitcom hasn't connected with an audience, nor has its timeslot-mate, 'Til Death.

Cold Case (Sundays at 10/9c, CBS)
    Issues: Show sources say that this is the final season of Cold Case. It's losing to Brothers & Sisters regularly.

Dollhouse (Fridays at 9/8c, Fox)
    Issues: Fox yanked the show from its November lineup. Executive producer Joss Whedon has hinted that the party's over after Fox burns off the rest of the show's 13-episode run in December.

Eastwick (Wednesdays at 10/9c, ABC)
    Issues: Is nobody watching TV at 10 p.m. anymore? Not only are Leno's ratings tanking, so are those of his competition.

The Forgotten (Tuesdays at 10/9c, ABC)
    Issues: Its title may have become its destiny. Even star Christian Slater couldn't bring eyeballs to the Jerry Bruckheimer drama.

Fringe (Thursdays at 9/8c, Fox)
    Issues: It's been consistently fourth in its extremely competitively timeslot (opposite Grey's Anatomy, The Office and 30 Rock, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and Supernatural), despite actually posting gains for Fox on Thursday nights over last season. But the relatively healthy Tuesday audience it used to have is shrinking.

Gary Unmarried (Wednesdays at 8:30/7:30c, CBS)
    Issues: Its ratings are decent, but nowhere near those of CBS' top sitcoms.

Hank (Wednesdays at 8/7c, ABC)
    Issues: ABC has announced pickups for Modern Family, The Middle and Cougar Town (the rest of its Wednesday-night comedy block), and Hank's absence from that list speaks volumes.

Law & Order (Fridays at 8, NBC)
    Issues: It's losing to Ghost Whisperer, and it's been on the air for 20 years, which is about 140 in TV years. If it completes this season, it will tie Gunsmoke as the longest-running drama in history. NBC wouldn't pull the plug before that achievement, would it?

Melrose Place (Tuesdays at 9/8c, CW)
    Issues: Yes, the CW has ordered 18 episodes for this season. Two cast members have been fired, and producers say they plan to change direction from the new Melrose Place's dark murder mystery. Will it be enough?

New Adventures of Old Christine (Wednesdays at 8/7c, CBS)
    Issues: See above for Gary Unmarried.

Three Rivers (Sundays at 9, CBS)
    Issues: Critics hated it, despite their ongoing love affair with star Alex O'Loughlin (Moonlight). And it's getting clobbered by Desperate Housewives.

'Til Death (Fridays at 8:30, Fox)
    Issues: It's never been a ratings barn-burner, and its pairing with Brothers hasn't helped.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

No loses here as I didn't watch any of those shows.

Yay! :)

Endangered:

Doesn't surprise me. I said from the beginning that I didn't think this show would last too long.

I actually like this show somewhat... although the end of last night's episode ticked me off. :( But, I'd rather the show be more Charmed and less primetime soapy. :lol:

I like Christian Slater a lot, so I tried watching the show and just couldn't get into it. It's kind of slow paced. It just doesn't grab me. So, it doesn't surprise me that its struggling.

Not surprised. I liked this show, but had to give it up this season because I already have several shows that I watch Thursdays at 8pm and I can't record them all. :lol:

They need to move L&O to TNT. :) They already moved L&O: CI there.

5. Destiny

:lol: Then how would they tell it was a past or current ep, since L&O-OR is repeating on TNT. Okay Jerry being on there, or alot of past cast. I haven't been the same since Jerry Orbach left the show, and even worse since his death, but thats for another thread. :p

6. GregNickRyanFan

Just saw on Showbiz Tonight that TNT has picked up Southland after NBC cancelled it. I don't watch southland, but I just thought I'd post that info for those who do.

7. Destiny

In the "Endangered Shows" post above, I double checked the link something new came up.

Gossip Girl (Mondays at 9/8c, CW) has been listed as "Safe".

8. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

That would be a shame if Dollhouse got cancelled. I absolutely love it, and it's great to have Whedon on the air again. You've got to hand it to Fox, they really know how to kill a show.

Strangely enough, I haven't been able to get into NCIS: Los Angeles I liked the pilots, but I think that they missed the mark. It's just not doing it for me. It's something about the feel of it. I liked the original premise of the pilots and the feel of them. I feel like they made it "California Quaint," and it was better the way they originally had it. I see the stuff playing out on the show, and I don't care what's happening. Not in the way that I did with the original NCIS, the way I do with CSI, the way I do with Dollhouse, etc.

9. Dynamo1

Sorry, Shytownmofo. News from TV Guide online:

Fox Cancels Dollhouse
    Nov 11, 2009 03:58 PM ET

Fox has canceled Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

The sci-fi series, which stars Eliza Dushku, is currently filming its 11th episode and will complete its 13-episode order.

Though Dollhouse saw a ratings bump from DVR viewing after a grim performance in the fall, Fox pulled the cult favorite from its November-sweeps schedule after four episodes.

A source close to the production told TVGuide.com that Fox will air the remaining episodes starting Dec. 4 and that the series finale is tentatively scheduled for Jan. 22.

ABC Axes Hank
    Nov 11, 2009 03:14 PM ET

ABC has canceled freshman comedy series Hank after only five episodes, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The show, starring Kelsey Grammer, will halt production after filming the show's 10th episode. ABC has no immediate plans to air the five remaining episodes.

10. Dynamo1

Fans of Alex O'Loughlin won't like this news from Entertainment weekly:

CBS announced today that Three Rivers, the Alex O’Loughlin drama about transplant surgeons, has been pulled from the schedule indefinitely and that reruns of NCIS: Los Angeles will take its place Sundays at 10 pm beginning Dec. 6. A CBS spokesman said the freshman drama will remain in production – the network ordered 13 episodes – but that no decision has been made about its future.

Averaging 8.4 million viewers, Three Rivers is currently ranked No. 45 among all primetime shows. The drama was one of the more anticipated shows on CBS this fall because it starred O’Loughlin, a fan favorite from the cult hit Moonlight.

11. 915

915 CSI Level One

Hey anybody got any news on Numb3rs? I'm really hoping its not the last season of it, but I'm not sure anybody have any new information?

12. GregNickRyanFan

My grandmother told me today that she read in her paper that Eastwick has been given the axe by ABC but that Lifetime might be interesting in airing a second season of it on their network.

13. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I really hope Law and Order is not cancelled, I love that show!! They should have never moved the show to a different day and time.

14. Dynamo1

From TV Guide online:
    White Collar Renewed for Second Season
    Dec 19, 2009 01:30 PM ET
    by Kate Stanhope

White Collar has been renewed for a second season by USA, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The series' creator and executive producer Jeff Eastin tweeted the news late Friday. "Congratulations to the best cast and crew on television," he wrote.

No details have been released on how many episodes USA has ordered or when the second season will premiere. White Collar will return for the second half of its first season Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 10/9c.

White Collar chronicles the misadventures of a con man who evades jail time by using his skills as a forger and a thief to help the FBI solve crimes. The series debuted to 5.4 million viewers in October and ended its initial seven-episode run to a series-high of 5.5 million viewers earlier this month.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Well, I'm glad to hear White Collar is renewed especially after that evil, shocking cliffhanger. :lol: