Ratings Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Desertwind, Apr 2, 2010.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Ratings

Susan

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Seems like fairly lackluster results for a CSI finale, with a dose of 'spin'. Wasn't CSI:NY in this time period last year? And before that The Defenders, that ultimately was moved to Friday, then cancelled? If the show didn't beat NY consistently in this time slot, it would be shipped to Fridays. As it is, it's doing okay here and is a good fit with Survivor and Criminal Minds, so it will probably stay put for now.

I know I'm incredibly biased, and I really do try not to be, but I think they made another mistake writing and promoting the finale, and its cliffhangers, around the newbies, like they kept doing with Langston. Yeah, Nick had a part in this one, but it was never really promoted, and it seemed like almost a footnote with all the other drama going on. How much better would it have been to have Nick and Sara and Greg and Brass together in the thick of things with McKeen, instead of Finn and DB and even Ecklie?! DB could have been the referee and the 'voice of reason'. Would have been awesome.

My opinion, FWIW (absolutely nothing).
    We'll see how it's all handled next season; and, thankfully, we get a next season.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  3. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

a punch to the face, for the "d.b. will bring the numbers up agenda".

4. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I bet it would have better ratings if it was still on Thursdays at 9 pm.

5. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

good point.

6. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

The repeat of Ms. Willows Regrets brought in 7.06 and 1.5/4 in the demo :)

7. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Last night's season premiere Karma To Burn brought 10.658 million viewers and a 2.5 in the demo.The numbers are down considerably compared to last season's first episode.

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

About the same as the season finale though

9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Wow, that is bad.. I really think moving to Wednesday's at 10 pm, was a bad move on CBS' part.

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

It's not that bad if you look at all the numbers on the night. (They're on spoilertv so I can't link to them.)

They're #1 in their timeslot in overall viewers and in the 18-49 demo.
    They're #3 (behind Modern Family & Criminal Minds) for the night in overall viewers and #7 on the night in the 18-49 demo.

As long as they keep winning their timeslot I think they'll be fine. If they were getting these numbers on a Thursday night I'd probably be worried but we'll have to see what Thursday night does. :)

Susan

11. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

the numbers are imo representative for the qualiity drop csi has gone trough the years.i think they match perfect with the status quo.

12. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Look at Criminal Minds ratings in prime time, it's disappointing too... I think it was a bad day for all the series

13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'll admit to being concerned about these ratings. In 2 weeks CSI will be going up against two new well-hyped shows: Chicago Fire and Nashville. Wednesdays have gotten as competitive as Thursdays, it seems. Time will tell.

14. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Oh boy, If one is to believe the hype, then Nashville is supposed to be a very good show. It might end up squashing CSI.

15. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I don't think Nashville and CSI would share a common audience, if anything Chicago Fire will be more of a hindrance. Likewise, the show was up against a double-bill of SVU which it won't have come the 10th.

Winning timeslots and being rated highly for the night won't get the show renewed. It all depends on how well other shows on CBS do. Hawaii Five-0 did disastrously this week, neither Partners nor Vegas had an impressive debut and I can't see the show going before NY. Saying that, I reckon Season 14 will probably be the show's last, 15 maybe if CBS are feeling particularly generous.