The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That bad, huh?

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I saw 'The Help' last weekend. Excellent movie with an excellent cast. It deals with segregation in the south in the 1950's, so some of it is hard to watch, IMO. But I have no doubt it is based on facts. And it does have some humor in it as well. It should be an Oscar contender.

3. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Ransom - Great movie and very well acted and as for Gary- mm badass so damn good and the swearing oh dear i couldnt stop grinning whenever Gary swore and i loved his quote " Wait i smell a little bullshit here" had me in giggles and kept repeating that part a lot

4. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Just saw Contagion this weekend. Overall, it's a good end of summer flick with all of the summer movie problems. Plotline's weak and has tons of unsolved holes in it. I don't want to spoil anything for you if decide to see the movie, but one of the characters doesn't get sick despite everyone else falling victim but it's never specifically stated why he's immune. That's a big :wtf: moment.

Good acting by Lawrence Fishburne, Kate Winslet, and Matt Damon but sometimes I felt like Matt Damon was phoning in some of his performances. Jude Law's teeth just got really revolting in the last scenes.

The ending was a little too preachy to me but that's just my opinion.

The science parts were a little bit too much at places. I saw my friends's eyes glaze over when they started discussing protein linking chains of the virus. And one of my friends is a Biology major.:lol:

I'd give this movie a C+. It's fun to watch with your friends on the weekend, but I wouldn't say it's a movie that's worth rewatching. It's not going to win an Oscar.:p Either see it now in the theaters or rent it when it comes out by, probably, Christmas/New Years.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  5. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I'm watching Twins with Danny Devito and Arnold Swazzanagger(spelling?)

Alright and enjoyable movie, Danny and Arnold once in awhile can get on my nerves plus Danny needed a haircut

Saw David Caruso in the movie, nice to see him something other than a cop

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Haven't seen "Twins" in ages, but every once in a while, I catch myself singing, "Tonight is your night, brooooooo..." :lol:

7. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

:eek:I used to love Twins when I was younger. I forgot all about that movie...hmm, I might check it out if it's on Netflix, but my friend wants to see a Sidney Poitier movie.:(

8. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Mystic River - A great movie with Jon Togo and i loved it and watched it twice since i bought it on Wednesday and i melted when Jon appeared on screen

9. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Just watched Soul Surfer, alright movie, I give it an 8 out of 10

I almost cried once when Bethany was talking to Carrie's character asking why did this happen and what is God's plan behind this or however she said it

Carrie Underwood did a great job, fit her role quite nicely I think :) rest of the cast did good too

10. luf100

luf100 Coroner

LION KING 3D. It was amazing, but I am biased. The Lion King was my favourite movie ever when I was little, so even if I didn't still love Disney movies, I would have gone to see this. I'm so happy they re-released it in 3D. The 3D was amazing and made the movie even more beautiful. And of course everything else like the music, story, characters that have always been in it and have always made it an awesome movie were as good as ever.

I'll just never get tired of this movie and after seeing this I would be more than happy if Disney re-released other classic Disney movies, in 3D or not. It'd just be really awesome for me to get to see them in theatres because I never got to when I was a kid. The Lion King 2 and Hunchback of Notre Dame would be my first picks. :lol:

11. butterflies.lan

butterflies.lan Victim

"Contagion" WOW, amazing story line. To think this could happen really scary. To watch the worldwide panic, a really frightening thought. The whole cast were great, with Matt Damon, Kate Winslet and Laurence Fishburne being at the top of the list. The teenage daughter of Matt was also great. Everyone should catch this. Very intense.

12. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

If hearing Sinise curse in Ransom was weird, he had me rolling as the voiceover for the hunter in Open Season. Especially when name calling the ranger, I'm like, "What the heck were they saying?" An alright movie, barely sappy and the story is none like any cartoon I've seen before. Cars is another nicely written movie, another one of my favorites. I can't wait to see Cars 2.

And I love Soul Surfer as well. Heartbreaking parts like the shark incident, Thailand, and the talk between Bethany and Carrie's character. A great sports drama about one of the bravest, most resilient women ever!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  13. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Checked out "The Fighting Temptations" with Cuba Gooding, Jr. and Beyonce Knowles at the library and watched it... cute. Today I saw 17 Again with Zac Efron... not so cute.

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Killer Elite - Let's just say I've fallen asleep twice at the movies in my entire life. Both of those times happened during Killer Elite. Although the fight scenes are well choreographed and the action sequences are superb, the plot often gets discombobulated, confusing, dry and down right stupid. Do not waste your money. It's like The Transporter 3.5.

15. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Snake Eyes - Another great film with Gary Sinise and i loved this film so much and i'd watch it over and over again and also watch another one of his films too which also had me in stitches of laughter