Finale Movie -- SPOILERS

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by blackflag, Jun 24, 2015.

1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

The logic of having Lady Heather die would work both in that it would be reason for Grissom to return, as well as why Catherine would be the lead on the case.

I'm taking their "pivotal character" claim with a grain of salt.

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Title -- Immortality (tweeted by Marg Helgenberger)

3. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

i hate to say this,but the only other death that would bring back Grissom,Catherine, and Jim is the death of Dr. Robbins. Hope that's not it.

4. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Great title for me. Can't wait to see this series finale. I think what happened when ratings will be huuuuge, some kind when CBS airing season eight for example.

5. blackflag

PaleyFest Fall TV Previews Lineup: ‘CSI’ Farewell Event & More

6. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

I’m still thinking about the “pivotal death”; i bet on Finn, but maybe i was wrong. It would be too easy and complicated at the same time. There is a six months hiatus between season 15 finale and the movie. So, when the finale movie begins, Finn has dead already (unless we wish her a long agony), or maybe she has recovered and she has gone elsewhere, she retired. She won’t appear anyway, but the victim, the dead must appear, at least as a corpse...and is the death “pivotal” towards work or feelings, emotions and friendships? of course, it wouldn’t be the same...
    Well, briefly, thinking about Chat’s comeback on ep. 300 (those short flashbacks), now i fear for Brass’ safety...it would be the finale coup de theatre and it would show us how nasty the writers can be...wish i’m wrong...

7. blackflag

Like usual with their guest stars in recent years I have no idea who she is!

CSI casts Faking It star Katie Stevens for two-hour send-off

8. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

It's only for sounds like they want have some kind of door to another spin-off in future? Because when I read this I immediately thought about this.

9. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

I'm convinced that this isn't the end of CSI as a franchise.

Whether Cyber succeeds or not, I can see another conventional CSI series (ie: familiar formula in a new location) going to air in a few years once the franchise has had a cooling off period of sorts.

10. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I think it will return in other city in next maybe two, three years. Cyber is some kind of cosmos things and some moments are great for me but I felt completly neutral when someone from new team was in danger...

11. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I wouldn't be surprised either. It was be interesting to see a new CSI with Lindsey as a CSI.

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I don't blame George for opting out. I am surprised he stuck around after that spat with the pregnant producer from last year or two years ago.

I bet he would have gotten 2 scenes and it seemed like he didn't have many scenes in the last finale episode.

13. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Whatever he could have done an effort for his fans though.. He has been involved in that show for 15 years !! I mean he can't give the excuse of what happened 2 years ago like all the people involved at that time are out. This 2 hour episode is only about writers and producers from the beginning. Too bad he didn't accepted to join for the final, even Petersen and Guilfoyle did.
    That's too bad but it won't prevent myself to enjoy as William Petersen, Marg Helgenberger, Paul Guilfoyle, Jorja Fox, Eric Szmanda and Robert David Hall are in. and I'm fine with Nick's exit at the end of season 15.

14. blackflag

This fan is happy he's not there. I'm NOT a fan of Billy Petersen. I'm NOT a fan of Paul Guilfoyle. I'm NOT a fan of "CSI" any more (at least not since around season 11/12 or so). I'm a fan of George Eads (& Marg and I'm hoping her being here means they kill off Christine before the season finale of UTD! :shifty: )! I'm not angry he's not in it. I don't feel he owes us this movie. He gave us 15 seasons, which was probably more than he should have and I'm perfectly happy to accept him not being in this movie.

Maybe if CBS had done at least a partial season he might have agreed to an episode or 2 in the later half of the season. But, quite frankly, this movie supposedly takes place 6 months after the season finale - What boss leaves his team 6 months later to help his former team which shouldn't really need his help?

I don't think this movie is "all about" the old guard writers and producers. It may be for TPTB at "CSI" but it isn't for CBS. For CBS this movie is more about trying to get an audience for "CSI: Cyber". That's why it's airs the week before Cyber starts.

15. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

The gang is back :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015