George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. CSIFAN11

CSIFAN11 Dead on Arrival

Oh you are right! It wasn't Duke it was Dude! Love that!

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Seriously, I know. They need to figure out how to do a proper celebrity chat. :wtf:

I think...didn't George answer a question about the Super Dave nickname in another recent interview?

And since it's not considered double posting anymore ( :lol: ) I'll move my other little bit down to this post. :)

From another review of last night's episode. :)

"It shows how much George Eads has developed Nick from the blindly loyal good-old-boy he once was that when it’s revealed that the boy is not a victim, but the murderer, it doesn’t absolutely crush him. He takes it in stride and does what he has to do. Sure, it sucks, but Season 12 Nick is made of much sturdier stuff."

3. CSIFAN11

CSIFAN11 Dead on Arrival

Yes I did hear somewhere that it was George that gave him the 'Super Dave' nickname. But I'm not sure where I heard it. :confused:

And that's so true Smokey...Nick has really grown and matured over the years. George plays him so well.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I loved what he said last night when they found the murder weapon (which said "Las Vegas" on it). "It looks like what happened in Las Vegas kind of stayed ON Las Vegas". Heh. Very clever. I too liked that he was disappointed upon learning that Wes was the killer, but he didn't really seem as surprised by it as he would have years ago. I liked what he said in reply to Wes saying the guy that killed those people, he didn't know him and Nick saying "neither do I, man". And I liked Nick's hair too. I liked the moment between him and DB where DB told him good job. Nice episode for Nick. I'm looking forward to seeing how he interacts with Finn too.

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Someone on twitter has a more complete rundown of the chat yesterday.

Chat with George Eads (it's a little hard to read because of the background)

Susan

6. CSIFAN11

CSIFAN11 Dead on Arrival

David Berman just finished his CBS chat. He just said some nice things about George:

"Working with George and Ted, and I'm not just saying this, is a true dream. So professional and so kind. I'm giddy when I get to work. Ted is great. Couldn't ask for a better guy to work with. So funny and makes you feel so important. And George is so great. He handwrites every scene and takes acting so seriously. I owe George the "Super Dave" nickname! To be able to play those moments with George has been so great. Thanks, George!"

7. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Aww...that was so nice of him to say that about George.

8. Smokey

Of course, we knew that. :adore: It's nice to hear so many good things about him from his peers. It really shows on screen too, the dedication from the actors and how well they work together.

9. CSIFAN11

CSIFAN11 Dead on Arrival

Definitely! It says a lot about a person when their co-workers say such nice things. And it seems that they all have nice things to say. :)

BTW...I love your avatar Smokey!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  10. Smokey

Nice job last night, George! :thumbsup: I actually liked this episode pretty well, despite the lame "Oh look! Our two cases are related!" plot...again! :rolleyes:

Nick was looking good...of course. :) I really like the way he works with Morgan. I like her character too. Hope they dial it back a notch with Finn tho or she's going to become irritating to me.

This one, unlike most of them lately, will be one that I will repeat watch. :)

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Yes, good job. Nick was :adore: and :drool:.

Looked cute all bundled up in the beginning. Wonder how cold it was (or was supposed to be)? Never thought it seemed all that cold over here in MA this winter. :lol:

When Nick started pushing the bookcase I was like 'be carefull please'. But when he pulled out the chunk of wallboard and looked in and jumped I thought it was so cute. :lol: Time was Nick would have been startled a bit more at finding a skeleton in the wall.

There's only 2 things I want right now:

1. Julie Finley's attitude to be toned down several notches. I'm already irritated with her! Can't help but to think that anywhere else she wouldn't have passed the hiring process.

2. Seperate cases that remain seperate throughout the episode. Maybe another 4x4 (or Toe Tags) type of thing - if for no other reason than Nick seemed to get the best case of the 4. :p

Susan

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  12. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Loved Nick in this episode. Loved him working with Sara and how he got spooked by the skeleton.

13. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Yes, lotsa good Nick in this episode! :drool:
    I loved all of his little smirks and grins :devil:

14. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

What I really liked was his tone of voice when he called Morgan over to see the skeleton. I know that's a weird thing, but perhaps I'm a little weird.

Nick and Hodges are so funny together. :lol:

15. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I love his tone of voice in that scene too. And I agree, Nick and Hodges are funny together.