"Turn, Turn, Turn" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Correct you are, DJ! ;) Yeah it did remind me of that a little. I just thought it was weird, seeing as Riley has not lived in Vegas that long yet, that she already knew about the Birthday place and all. So I guess her birthday has come and gone.

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I agree on both points, especially the teenagers. The freshman that go to the same college I do (I'm a first year senior) are some of the worst I have ever encountered. They back talk the professors, text/facebook in class even after being kicked out in previous classes, and are generally rude to everyone....I go to a priavte Catholic college and to see them mouth off to nuns is disgusting and shameful.

It's getting ridiculous with how some cop the attitude like it's nothing, I know if I had done that to my mother I would have been slapped or had my mouth washed out with soap. Society is so much different these days with all the different pressures, but still teaching manners and respect should be at a forefront. So to be Brie's reaction was quite dead on with how many teenaged girls are, sadly.

But on to the actualy epi. I really like this one.

The transitions between the time periods was flawless and worked really well.

Love the small amount of Greg. The line about keeping the gift card, totally his humor. :guffaw:

Taylor Swift impressed me a lot, for not being an actor she did so well and really pulled out some hardcore raw emotions.

I really think this season is going grassroots, which in my honest opinion it's been time for a while, and heading back to what made this show popular in the first place.

3. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

Oops. Actually, what I meant by that was that the show started to go downhill during season 7, not after. Sorry for the confusion. With the exception of a few eps, I hated season 7, especially the miniature killer episodes (although I did like Dead Doll at the beginning of season 8, which doesn't make any sense, but I don't make any sense!!! :rolleyes: :lol:). But ITA with you about the promo and hype getting my expectations too high. It was really nothing more than your average ep to me. And, as someone else stated (can't remember who since I've read so many posts :confused: ), I don't understand why Nick broke down over this case. I totally understand why he broke down in Gum Drops, but not this one.:confused:

Um... actually a Witch is someone who adheres to the Pagan religion called Wicca and who honors Mother Earth and believes in a Triple Goddess. A Witch (at least a genuine one, not someone who's in it for the hype) also adheres to the code "harm none" and does his/her best to live by that law. A Witch is not a bad person, despite what the mainstream media may be telling you. I'd appreciate it if you'd use the word "Witch" in its appropriate context and not just as a synonym for b*tch or a mean person.

Yeah, me too. Even Grissom couldn't save it. :lol:

Yeah, I absolutely agree with you. Unfortunately, society teaches us to confrom, not to be comfortable in our own skin. I actually feel extremely uncomfortable conforming, which I think is why I tend to be an introvert. But it seems like some people today (especially teens) feel that they have to confrom in order to be liked and that's just sad. So ITA with you.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Sorry, I guess I was thinking of the B word and that one came in at a safe second.

I know what a witch is and have studied paganism..so again I'm sorry if I offended you.

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*sigh* I really hate the whole conformity thing. I'm a sixteen-year-old girl, and everyone seems to think that all sixteen-year-old girls want to be cheerleaders and want to shop at Hollister and want to go to parties and whatnot. I don't even want to go to prom, because I hate dresses and dances. It's really annoying that kids (my age, too) don't know how to respect older people. I would never run down the hallway yelling curses at the top of my lungs, partly because I don't use those particular words *clears throat* and partly because it's disrespectful to anyone having class or a meeting at that particular time. I really hate what the "typical" high school student has become... kids mouth off to teachers. They act like they don't know when homework is due. Some of them don't even read! It just makes me hate being a teenager... maybe it's just me.

Sorry, I had to rant since the topic has come up.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Because he's seen enough tragedy over the years and thought he might have been able to help this girl if he'd solved the case correctly?

Because everything's changing and two of his friends have left in the past year, including his mentor, a man he's long admired?

Because his best friend was murdered within the year and left a son behind who'll never know his dad?

Because he's held it all in through all of that and finally hit the breaking point?

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I loved it! I'm so glad we finally got a Nickisode!

Great acting by George Eads, of course. I liked the birthday cake at the beginning. Even though the address was somewhere he's been to many times, you can tell he just wanted to get out of there. Doesn't like to be center of attention.

The phone call from Grissom was surprising, as I'm shocked he would even take the time to wish Nick a Happy Birthday.

I loved Ray at the ending, he handled it better than Grissom would have. Grissom would have told Nick to basically, let it go! It's over, so let it go!

I'm not surprised that Nick blamed himself for Hayley's death, but Ray was right. That was set in motion long before she was born.

I really liked how Nick is setting up a college fund for Warrick's son. That was a really nice touch.

Super Dave getting hit with the rotting body fluids. :guffaw: I love Super Dave, he's my favorite lab rat.

I, actually, liked Riley in this episode and that's saying a lot. Her stuttering to say Crime Lab, with the naked guy in front her, too funny :guffaw:

I thought Taylor Swift did a good job. The cases were interesting and how they tied into together.

I agree with everyone that ever since Grissom left, I feel we've been seeing the old CSI. I think this is one of the best season they've had.

Basically, I loved everything about the episode, but I could be biased. :lol: and know that I'll get another Nickisode again. :(

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

This is typical Nick. Rambo said he tends not to have cathartic breakdowns, instead our Nicky tends to bottle things up until a case hits home and then he loses it.

Remember, he went bullistic in Gum Drops which was shortly after he was buried alive.

It was nice to see Grissom call him pal, I think that says their relationship was deeper than we'd given it credit for. It was a nice touch.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, I'm gonna have to watch the ep again because bro was talking through some of it. :lol:

I liked the episode though. And I HATED the minature killer storyline after the second episode featuring it. The first time was okay. But IMO they should have left it as Ernie being the killer and left it at his death.

Anyway, back to tonight's episode. I missed the part about Warrick's son. I guess that was one of the parts bro was talking through. :lol:

Poor Superdave having that stuff fall in his face. Did it fall in his mouth? I was worried that it was something else though. i was thinking maybe that guy had shot a toilet upstairs till we found out it was just a crawl space. Then it ended up being decomp juice which is exactly what happened to Greg in that one ep. :lol:

Aww Greg is such a sweetie going in the crawl space for Nick since it's Nick's bday. :lol: at Greg saying he's taking the gift card back. :guffaw:

Nice to get to hear Grissom calling Nick to tell him happy bday.

:lol: at coffee guy. He's the second one to call Nick "crime scene". Drops also called him that. :lol:

:lol: at Riley flubbing her words in embarasment at the "loving" couple. That was a funny scene. "lime cab" hahahaha.

Does anyone know who the guy is that played Hailey's boyfriend? He looks so familiar. He reminds me of that Alex guy that sang Tuesday night on Idol, but I'm sure that's not who it is. :lol: But, wherever I saw him before he had much lighter hair. It's driving me crazy. Hailey's dad looked familiar too.

I thought Taylor did well.

Nick crying at the end made me wanna hug him. Loved Ray's words. The part about reading reviews against movies he liked was funny.

By the way, I think the reason the case made Nick break down was because he felt it was his fault the girl died ... because he didn't find out who killed Tanya... and if he had discovered that, she would have been in jail and wouldn't have been able to kill Hailey. But, cases involving young people always affect Nick.

10. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

THANK YOU!!! :thumbsup:

No harm done. :)

Yeah, that's a good point. In that sense, Nick's a lot like me. :(

NP. I had left high school just as all that disrespect seemed to become "in vogue" or "popular" - whatever you want to call it. BY NO MEANS do I condone child abuse, but some of these kids need a good smack across the face now and then --- in front of the rest of the class to get them into shape. :(

11. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

I thought this episode was great. I only have one problem. I live in Canada and the episode came on just as Hailey was saying "what happened?" I completely missed the opening scene. Can somebody post a link to the birthday cake scene for me please?

12. GregNickRyanFan

It's posted in this thread a few pages back.

13. Smokey

Just rewatching....

Hodges in response to Nick's baseball Pony League comment: "Much as I'm intrigued by this bizarre equestrian competition of which you speak..." :lol: And the way Nick and Henry look at each other! :guffaw:

Nick to Ray: "Pull my other leg and it plays Jingle Bells." :lol:

14. GregNickRyanFan

Haha yeah... when Hodges said that I was wondering what Nick's comment had to do with horses. I didn't hear the word "pony" apparently. :lol:

When did Nick say the "pull my leg" line? That must have been another part bro was talking during. :lol:

15. Smokey

When Ray suggested that maybe the couple didn't know who was the mother of their adopted baby. That it was a blind adoption.