CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Did he say that? When? I missed it. Excuse to go watch that episode again! :p

2. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

He said doing the nasty in S3 in Hung Out To Dry when he explains what happened to Stella and Mac (They came here to do the nasty, instead they found the nasty). You possibly knew that already, but I sometiomes explain obvious things to people :D

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Ah ok, did see that part. Thought you meant he said it that episode about him and that chick.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I know it's quiet on the spoiler front at the moment, but please can you take this discussion down to, perhaps, the Flack thread if you wish to continue it? It is getting rather off topic in here... ;)

Talking about Flack though, I have to say that the spoiler suggesting that we'll meet Flack's sister in 'Veritas' is fantastic. This is definitely the kind of relationship that I'd love to see explored on the show.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I wonder if she's the only sibling Flack has. It'll be interesting to meet her. We've met Danny's brother, some of Stella's foster sibs, Mac's sorta stepson... I wonder when if ever we'll get to meet Sid's wife/kids. I wanna know if Mac has any family... siblings, nieces, nephews, etc...

6. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Like I said before, I am eager to see his sister. She might be the black sheep of the family. If I'm not imagining stuff, I think that Flack has payed her bail in the past. It would be interesting to see Flack having a family storyline. Also it would be nice to see what his dad has to say about his sister.

Another thing that I am also eager to find out is what part has Joe in the bank robbing :D

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to be cryptic. I forget not everyone recognizes abbreviations lol

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

9. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Sounds like a good episode, besides Sid being in danger. Now that is a real head scratcher because Sid is not one of the main cast :( Why Sid from all people?

10. Faylinn

I'm guessing since the victim, Dante what's-his-face, had a page from the book, it'll be with his body and Sid will be exposed since he's the ME dealing with the corpse. (If this is in fact what happens--spoilers=rumors until the episode actually airs. The report is based on my interpretation of the spoilers, but I could be wrong.)

I Googled it, and here's some info I found on the FDA site:

Thallium is a natural element found in many minerals. Thallium is very toxic and different thallium compounds have a variety of uses—from rat and ant poison to the manufacture of optical glass and other industrial uses. The radioactive form of thallium (thallium-201) is approved as a radio-imaging drug used in small doses for medical procedures. This use of thallium in low doses is very safe. Exposure to a high dose of thallium generally results in severe stomach symptoms, followed by brain symptoms, and sometimes death. However, the radioactive form of thallium (thallium-201) that is used for medical purposes is used in such small amounts that exposure to high doses is unlikely.​

If Sid inhales the thallium or something, they could treat him with prussian blue. If he's just exposed to it...I dunno.

I suppose he could get hit by a car or something, but with a case that involves a deadly substance like thallium, I'd be willing to bet a few bucks that Sid fighting for his life involves that. (As I said before, that's my interpretation of limited information.)

11. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

If there is thallium involved they have picked the wrong substance, meaning tat it is not harmful in small dosage, and inhaling it from a corpse that inhaled it from a page of a book is a bit too much if you ask me. But then again these are limited information, but even if they change something in the spoilers I still have my vote of doubt about the quantity if Th 201 is used, because it isn't that radioactive.

12. Faylinn

I don't know how thallium would be there and what concentration it would be in--it's not normally dangerous in tiny doses, but if someone got their hands on a lot of it, they could do damage (this is based on my intranetz knowledge--I'm no expert).

When I mentioned the book, I meant because the guy tore the page out of the book, however it was contaminated, he carried it with him and then Sid was exposed to the page itself. (I don't think it's a coincidence that the morgue is the 'exposure control facility'.)

F*ck it all, I'm flying blind here. There's probably a lot I know nothing about. :brickwall:

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I do hope they get their details right.

I wonder if we'll see Sid's wife or daughter...that'd be interesting.

14. Faylinn

Unfortunately, these shows aren't always well-known for their attention to detail and accuracy.

Ooh, I do hope we'll see his family. They screwed up not showing Flack's family when he was hurt, they don't need to make the same mistake again.

15. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I did a project on thallium a few years ago and I watch a fun documentary on a man who killed tried to kill a family with rat poison. Actually succeeded in killing one member.

You should remember that while the radioactive form of thallium (thallium-201) is safe in small doses you would never just go and start touching the stuff. And also mixing it with different things can increase the toxicity.

Point is, if this is straight up thallium Sid is coming in contact with, it's not good. It's not something you just go chucking around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.