Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay I went a touch long ^^ lol. So I will slap my keyboard later, have a good talking to myself about double posting. Until then here are some Tweets.

JM:
    -So tonight's the big season opener! I know you all will be watching. Let me know what you think.
    -So was everyone happy with the show last night?
    -By the way, we are less than 2k away from 30K followers!
    -And just for all you fans, we are going to work a few Saturdays so you will have far less repeats during the season.

-I thought it was amazing how just for a second we felt a little sorry for him before Morgan shot him.
    -My call time is 5pm tonight. I guess it's gonna be a late one.
    -Next week is the last episode for @ ajcookofficial It is really a great episode and AJ is fantastic as always!

TG:
    -in order: Charlie and choc. factory (orig), boxcar children, beatles... [NOTE: whats your fav childhood movie?book? music?]
    -impossible to pick...but if I had to: day in the life prob'ly... [NOTE: whats your fav beatles track???]

MGG:
    -If you need me I'll be out back bustin ghosts with ernie
    -The new Criminal Minds poster is a little strange, what do you think?

KV: (Note the censor is mine)
    -spent the whole evening with @ ajcookofficial & @ PagetPaget. To quote Ms. Brewster "f***ing heaven". My heart is full & my eyes are watery.
    -I would say watch Criminal Minds but I know you already do that

PB:
    -Ha ha ! Ladies night, me + Vangs + AJ. So nice. Also, @ [name omited by mod] was right. "Kick Ass" is an awesome movie. My love to you all !!! P

AJ:
    -At a wedding on the Queen Mary. The word on the street is that this place is haunted. I'll keep you posted if I meet a ghost!
    -So, no I didn't meet any ghosts at the Queen Mary but I think one may have followed me home. Sleeping last night felt really creepy.
    -Girls night!!! I love @ pagetpaget and @ vangsness. The power of three.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

i was wondering that i think she died because even if they were divorced im pretty sure she would have been there. poor kid whatever happened to her mother :(
    I don't remember this bit with emily, :confused: when was that

I actually hated Morgan in that bit he was just so cold to her basically blaming her by saying that and giving her no compasison whatsoever i mean it wasnt her fault and not just him but most of the team werent as helpful or compassionate to her as i would have liked but i understood they were all extremely worried but with Morgan i just feel that was no excuse for the way he behaved. it was just rude and heartless and she would never do the same to him.

i think you're totally right here Morgan can come off so self righteous (sp?) and quite an ass especcially in a few of the episodes where he is questioning JJ's judgement she doesnt question the way he does his job i dont see why he has to question hers and all of the times he has questioned her i have thought it was totally unnesscesary. dont get me wrong even though it seems like i am bashing him i do like him. most of the time:lol:

That girl was insanly calm :lol: i would probably be freaking out and i am twice her age. i think most people would. but i think she was amazing and amazingly played by teh young actress. definitly one of my favourite characters of the episode.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think Ellie figured out very early that this guy thrived on others' fear of him. I think she bravely pushed her fear deep down so as not to show him any so that he would not have that power over her. I liked that about her. At the end when Morgan hugged her and there was very little emotion on her face, I just think she still had everything pushed down for the time being. She was just relieved that it was over. But I think she'll later grieve for her father and her aunt.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Or maybe they are setting her up to be an unsub later on, really traumatizing Morgan for the rest of his life :p

5. Destiny

Okay for a minute there I had a brain dead moment thinking utoh, got it back as I hit the button to reply lol.

Okay it was when Em told Morgan that Kirsten [the aunt] was sorry for making him promise [to take care of Ellie] and she [Em] said that it was unfair, and he made a comment about how any of this was fair and just walked away kind of brushing her off (not the right phrase I want to use but it's been a long week lol). See I get he was angry and he was like I said feeling guilty, and all that and maybe even trying to process it. But I don't just something about that scene didn't feel right to me. It gave me that opinion. ;)

6. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

oh yeah i know what bit you are talking about, it did seem a little odd but i think i just put that down to what Morgan was going through
    thanks! :)

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The actor who plays JJ's hubby/fiance was on the new ABC show "No Ordinary Family" tonight. And is it just me or does he kind of resemble the late Glenn Quinn (Doyle on Angel)?

8. Destiny

Somewhat yeah he does. That dude [Glenn] was funny. So okay lets see if you agree with this next article if you will. Also add your own if it's not there.

Source: TvGuide

Criminal Minds: The Top 8 JJ Moments

The Behavioral Analysis Unit on Criminal Minds has always prided itself on being a family, but on Wednesday, the family will lose one member: agent Jennifer "JJ" Jareau (A.J. Cook).

Cook's contract was not renewed by CBS in June, and the actress — who, with the exception of the pilot, has been a regular since the first season — will bid adieu to her BAU crew in Wednesday's episode, appropriately titled "JJ."

In honor of her imminent departure, we're looking back at the top moments featuring our favorite pistol-whippin', dart-throwing communications liaison from the past six seasons.

8. Mother Knows Best
    Sure, this was just from last week's Season 6 premiere, "The Longest Night," but JJ's four-minute speech to unsub Billy Flynn (Tim Curry) — who was holding a young girl hostage — gave Cook a showcase moment in her penultimate episode. Untrained in hostage-negotiation tactics, JJ gets through to Flynn when she works the personal angle, telling him she's a mother herself, and that the pain his mother caused him when he was a child was not right.

7. "It Does Get Better"
    Details about JJ's background come few and far in between, but in Season 5's "Risky Business," we learn that her sister committed suicide when JJ was 11, and that she gave JJ her necklace before doing so. JJ shares this information with Hotch (Thomas Gibson) in an emotional scene after the team solves a case involving teen suicides — one of Hotch's first cases following the murder of his ex-wife, Haley (Meredith Monroe), by The Reaper (C. Thomas Howell).

6. "You're Not My Friend"
    As she works closely with victims' families, JJ is arguably the heart and soul of the BAU, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have some 'tude. Serial killer Jacob Dawes (Michael Massee) finds out firsthand in Season 1's "Riding the Lightning" when he tries to exercise a privilege only JJ's buddies have (at :35 mark below).

5. First (Public) Kiss
    What a secret-keeper that JJ is! Or at least she tried to be. JJ keeps her romance with Detective Will LaMontagne (Josh Stewart) — who was first introduced in Season 2's "Jones" — on the down-low for a year because she was afraid to accept that it was "real." But after working another case together in Season 3's "In Heat" — and being pushed by Prentiss (Paget Brewster) to "go for him" — JJ smooches her beau in front of her unsurprised colleagues.

4. The Godfather
    JJ and Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler) have always had a special relationship. Remember when he took her on a date to a Washington Redskins game in the first season? Or that she's the only person who calls him "Spence" (even though we haven't heard her call him that in years)? So it was no surprise that JJ asks the resident genius to be her son Henry's godfather in Season 4's "Memoriam" — hours after Reid returned from solving a case involving his absentee father, William (Taylor Nichols).

3. "I Like My Role"
    Season 2's JJ-centric "North Mammon" was the first episode to give us insight into her past, as we learn that JJ was a high school soccer star from a small Pennsylvania town (so small, that it didn't have bowling alleys, she reveals in "The Big Game.") The abduction of three high school athletes in her hometown, obviously, strikes a chord with her, and she pushes hard to solve the case (3:40-6:55). Hotch tells her she did "exceptional work" afterward and asks if she ever considered taking classes to become a full-fledged profiler. "No. I like my role," she says, confidently explaining the value of her job (6:55-8:05).

2. "Why the Woods, JJ?"
    JJ the jokester! During a discussion about their greatest fears in Season 2's "Boogeyman," JJ pulls a fast one on Reid and Morgan (Shemar Moore) when she offers a rather convincing — but ultimately fake — tale explaining her fear of the woods that involves camp, blood and murder.

AND THE #1 is....

1. Shot Through the Head (and Glass)
    Nothing was more bad-ass than when JJ — who rarely collars or shoots unsubs, given her job — shoots James Colby Baylor right in the head (Bailey Chase) through a glass door at the BAU headquarters in Season 3's "Penelope." After shooting but not killing Garcia (Kirsten Vangsness), Baylor tailed our frightened technical analyst all episode. Garcia later thanks and apologizes to JJ because she "never wanted [her] to have to do something like that." "You do whatever it takes to protect your family," JJ responds.

Note: You will see time codes because tvguide has the scenes in clips Click here.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~Prentiss, you’re making me suspicious. I’m not happy about that. On a side note, your hair looks different somehow.
    ~JJ! *cries* I’m going to say it multiple times tonight.
    ~Hm, I wonder if JJ’s irritation towards Strauss is stemming from AJ’s irritation at whoever the hell fired her.
    ~And everyone tries the subtle “we’re working” approach.
    ~“You’d think profilers would cover better than that.” Oh, Rossi. I love you.
    ~“Everything’s going to be fine.” LIARS! >: (
    ~Guys, you’re the worst subtle people ever. I agree with Rossi. You should be better than this.
    ~“I don’t trust her for a second.” “You shouldn’t.” The slight anger in Emily’s voice there makes me smile. Continuity is our friend!
    ~So… this is Natalie Holloway?
    ~Gee, I wonder why Emily’s the one who has to deal with the jackass.
    ~I like Reid’s hair.
    ~The anger, and JJ’s quiet sympathy, is awesome in this scene.
    ~Emily I love you. Never leave. Never. Please.
    ~Did they get the most irritating beeping sound for this camera? Just curious.
    ~I really really hate when the Unsubs flirt with Emily. It makes my skin crawl. She can shoot you, jackass. I’m sure she’d be willing to.
    ~“Strauss thinks we’re all replaceable. I went over her head to try to explain that we’re not.” Emily’s little twitch of resentment made me squee about continuity again. She knows how that feels. She knows what it’s like to be at the center of Strauss’s belief that the team doesn’t need each other.
    ~Rossi and Morgan joint-bulldogging is awesome.
    ~I’m hesitantly easier with Strauss as it seems like it really isn’t her decision. Still can’t like her, because Emily doesn’t like her and she’d know better than I would.
    ~JJ! *cries*
    ~The teamups here, Rossi/Morgan vs Jackass, Emily/Reid vs Barrett, are interesting. Alpha Males characters vs Alpha Male, Agents who look like they can by sympathetic vs “Weaker” Male.
    ~We… We won?! What? That never happens. I guess we have to let JJ have one last victory before she leaves.
    ~Hug! Hug! Hug of I AM GOING TO SIT IN A CORNER AND SOB! If only for the look on Hotch’s face!
    ~“I’m hoping I can get you back.” You know what? YOU CAN’T! *whimper*
    ~“How am I supposed to tell them I’m leaving when I don’t want to go?” God this team is a family.
    ~“You’re too good. That’s the problem.”
    ~Goddammit, show, I’m CRYING right now!
    ~“Don’t they understand that we’re a family?!” That’s what I said, Garcia. That’s what we all said.
    ~“There’s plenty of big strong men around.” I’d bet money that that line was a response to that petition.
    ~Someone give her a hug. Please, someone give her a hug. Yay!
    ~What makes this better is the fact that I know that at the very least the actress trio still hangs out.
    ~Like I really needed the montage, guys. Seriously. I hate all of you. Although it’s interesting that the individual shots were of JJ with Emily, Reid, and Garcia, and then the group.
    ~*sniff*

That’s an awesome phone call. “Don’t worry, everything’s going to be all right.” Yeah, that’s what JJ said. Guess what? IT WAS A LIE.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  10. electra

electra Pathologist

JJ and Garcia still have me crying.When they hugged,I lost it and the flashbacks did the rest.And of course Garcia wanted to hack the files!!!:lol:I really liked her speech at the end and felt that it applied to AJ as well.She did take the high road and wonderful things are going to happen to her.It's CBS loss.I wanted a longer scene with Reid.They always had a special connection .Talk about the case later.

Alex,You are quite something!!Now I know why you like Emily and Rossi so much.

Thanks for the list ,destiny.

11. CCA

CCA Police Officer

...wow after that episode I feel like sulking and being depressed for the next week :p

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

:scream::scream::scream:

CBS, you suck. I thought I was ok with this loss but after seeing the episode I'm frustrated all over again. :evil:

I am impressed in how she was written out -- I felt they stuck it to CBS a little in how they emphasized that JJ was being taken from them -- & Garcia's line: "we're family, don't they know that's why this works?" - very nice - it echoed what the cast & fans have been saying for the past 3 months.

I'm very sad to see JJ/AJ go -- cried from the minute Hotch stared at her while she hugged the mother and when he said "I'll miss you" his voice cracked....I sobbed.

Random notes:
    Loved Emily's new hairstyle, very cute.
    Why did Reid not feel good at the beginning of the episode?
    Garcia darling, you look like Rainbow Brite but I love you anyway.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I was surprised that CBS would let the way they wrote JJ out of the show fly since it seemed like they were really sticking it to the network. I found it interesting that my folks, who watch with me but aren't as into it as I am, were completely confused as to why they were making such a big deal out of JJ leaving. They didn't see her as a significant part of the team at all and thought the "she's irreplacable and indespensible" aspect of it was pretty ridiculous.

14. Destiny

Haven't watched the ep yet double-header baseball game tonight. Will watch or tape it west coast time.

Twitter, twitter, tweet

JM:
    -Tonight we say good-by to @ ajcookofficial We love her and miss her everyday [NOTE KV wasn't working that day]

TG:
    -thank you AJ Cook for five great seasons of working with you...! everyone make sure to catch tonight's CM episode "JJ"

MGG:
    -Tonight (on American TV) is AJ Cooks last episode of CM. I miss her even more than spence does

Source: TvGuide

Rachel Nichols Books Guest Arc on Criminal Minds

Former Alias star Rachel Nichols has been tapped for a multi-episode arc on Criminal Minds, a show rep tells TVGuide.com

Nichols will play FBI cadet Ashley Seager, who's invited by Hotch (Thomas Gibson) to consult on a case after learning her family history will bring a unique insight into a serial killer's mind.

Nichols' character was originally conceived as a replacement for departing cast member A.J. Cook's JJ, according to Deadline, which first reported Nichols' casting. However, Nichols' role has since been reduced to a three-episode arc to air later this season. Cook's last episode airs Wednesday.

Nichols, who played computer genius Rachel Gibson on the fifth season of Alias, has also appeared in such films as P2, Star Trek, and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

Source: Deadline.com

Rachel Nichols (Star Trek) has been tapped for an arc on Criminal Minds later this season. Criminal Minds had been planning to add a new female regular cast member in the wake of the A.J. Cook's departure. I hear the character Alias alumna Nichols will play, FBI cadet Ashley Seager, was originally envisioned as a new regular but that has changed, and Nichols will now appear in 3 episodes.

Seager is invited by Agent Hotch (Thomas Gibson) to consult on a case after learning her family history will bring a unique insight into the mind of a serial killer.

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

They were seriously considering replacing her??? :scream: :wtf:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010