Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. electra

electra Pathologist

Alex and NHRfan,I mean as romantic partners. Both are awesome characters.I do not have ships on this show but I am neutral to most of them with the exception on this one,that I really , really HATE.Even form the non shipping perspective,I prefer Emily with Rossi or paired with Morgan and Reid.

Going to watch the episode now...Trying very hard not to look at spoilers.:lol:

2. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I'm sorry about that, Electra. I keep forget that you don't do shipping on the show. I don't do slash couples either, but I do ship Hotch and Emily, but I do respect your opinion. I do like non-shipping like Emily and Rossi, Hotch and Rossi and Reid. I don't know where to put Morgan with. I guess Morgan and Reid.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Very good seaaon premiere! I love JJ's effort and big contribution to freeing Ellie. She really is an asset to the team. Tim Curry is great. He's so scary that I wanted to change the channel everytime he appears! As usual, Garcia and Morgan are sweet together! Keep it up. Next week will be a sad episode. Sigh.

My Wednesdays this season will be crazy. I'm watching Criminal Minds, SVU, and Modern Family, which are all at the same time! I chose to watch CM live and the other two later. Good thing Survivor is an hour earlier.

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Pretty good episode, loved JJ on the air, sometimes you can follow the script as a negotater, all the points they say to follow, but JJ has also said what was in her heart, and that is just what she did with Flynn. She went from sounding like an FBI Agent, to sounding like a mother, and toward the end a mother who doesn't approve of what he did, or what his own mother did, and showing him what happened to him, whats happening with Ellie, all could stop with him. -- I do have to say that when it comes to AJ/JJ that Ed B. is handling her very well. Including from the preview (I spoiler taged below my opinion on. I think he will have out done himself when it all comes to an end with the actress and the character.

Not real comfortable with the Morgan they showed, I get he felt guilty, I get he was mad as hell, but he is lucky that they are a family unit that does take care of their own, cause yelling at Garcia, using Hotch's past (ie "we were there for you, this is mine") I get the point he was making but it was unfair, again lucky they are forgiving. Even luckier that, that EMT didn't give him something like a rubber mallet over the head. I did notice one thing, he brushed past JJ when she asked about Ellie (like she knew), then told Reid to knock it off basically, and gave Em a sort of cold shoulder, the only one he didn't do anything to was Rossi he actually listened and quieted down when he spoke. Hmmm.

Tim Currey as Flynn excellent as he was last season, though at the end I did kind of feel a slight touch of bad for him, especially when he talked about setting his mother free, admitting that he wasn't doing that to the rest, but in his delussional mind he sat his mother free. He couldn't kill himself he knew it, but he didn't need Morgans fear, he had Morgans Anger and he knew what he had to do.

"JJ"
    wow who knew a preview could bring a tear to the eye, and Reid "Can they just take her like that?"

Okay now Alex would not feel right if I didn't say this,
    Rossi +Jeans= HELLO! :lol: :D

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The episode was pretty good. JJ was awesome! This is why we need her on the show. Stupid CBS execs, I dislike them so much for forcing the writers to write JJ out of the show. :( Morgan, I get that you're angry, but its unfair to speak to Garcia that way. "She could be more professional". WHAT? Dude, you totally speak all that junk to her too, so don't even start. I'm glad Garcia took it for what it was though... him being angry. Loved when she said to Reid "How's my main man doing?" and Reid said "assuming you're not talking about me" LOL and then he asked her, "has he ever yelled at you before?" and her saying "good point" or whatever it was she said. Reid's hair is cute, but I still miss the longer locks lol. JJ talking on the Emergency Broadcast thing was the best part of the episode.

I didn't expect the aunt to die. I didn't think she was physically hurt other than being raped... but the bastard beat the crap out of her too. :( I don't want Morgan to take custody of Ellie. I wanted Prentiss to because there have been a few cases where she wanted to take a kid in but then an out of state family member would show up to take the kid and Emily looked so disappointed and heartbroken.

I kind of felt a tiny bit bad for what Flynn had to go through as a kid. His mother was horrible for making him watch her with her "clients" and especially for letting the men do horrible things to her son. Where was the Child Protective Services?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

JJ was awesome. That's what stood out the most for me. Her leaving is really a loss to this show and last night's episode just made it all the more evident. That being said...

The episode was good. I really liked the little girl but I wished we've had a moment between her and JJ in the end. Morgan got on my nerves. I get the whole angry, he made a promise thing but..meh. He was too pissy and snappy for my taste. Tim Curry was great. Overall good episode. Next week's will be a sad one.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Oh the little girl was awesome. I forgot to mention that. I was cheering her on when she told the second boy to go tell all the neighbors what was going on. Brave girl and smart too. I couldn't believe she was only eight though. I was thinking she was between 10 and 12.

The part where Flynn asked Morgan if he'd see his mom in Heaven, all I could think was: "You'll see her all right, but it won't be in Heaven". Anyone who would do what she did to him would not go to Heaven and neither would he, obviously.

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well, GNRF, the actress probably is 10 or 12 at least. :lol:

I'm not sure that Morgan really gave Emily a cold shoulder when she asked him. I think he just really didn't want any of his teammates sympathizing with him. "She's right, it wasn't fair."

Thinking back on what I said about Morgan being irritable just like the rest of them when injured, I think he was actually worse than normal. None of the team has ever taken their frustration about a case out on Garcia, really. I mean, Rossi was a bit Anger Management during Penelope, but he was always Anger Management back then.

Oh, please, please, please, I beg of you, don't talk about shipping. It makes my head hurt. :lol:

9. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I didn't like anything about this two-parter. There was just something very off about it.

10. GregNickRyanFan

Gideon did though. I wanted to slap him when he yelled at her and said, "how could you be so stupid?"

11. electra

electra Pathologist

I am a big Morgan fan and I am still mad at him.I hated what he said to Garcia.They made up at the end but I hope we never see anything like that again.:wtf:

That said,the premiere was really good.The unsub was creepy and at the end I sort of felt for him too. Was he also abused by some of then men or not?I was interested until the end and there was enough suspense.

I am really going to miss JJ.I like when Hotch encourages her work ,supporting her.Next week I will need tissues.:(Hoping for scenes with Garcia and Reid.

It's OK ,NRH fan .As long as we respect each other, we can agree to disagree.:) But Alex is going to have a headache soon...

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I wasn't upset with Morgan.Sometimes when things are so horrific,it gets to you and you will take it out on those closest to you,I saw it as very human. I think everyone,including Garcia saw the hurt,quilt and anger and didn't take it personally, knowing when it was done,it was done.
    I agree that the premiere was great. Tim Curry as the unsub was creepy as heck.
    JJ was wonderful,speaking from the heart.
    Electra, I thought the unsub was abused by some of the men.The mother at one point stated that they had paid good money,and it also sounded that way from JJ talking to him.

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

First, Rossi wasn't mad at Garcia (Penelope), he was frusated (I can't even spell the word) with the guy that keep go over their head.

Second, I like the episode. Who will raise Ellie? I hope it's not Morgan, he won't even have time to raise Ellie. JJ might take her in or Emily. I find it sad for Billy Flynn, I don't condone what he did to other people. It's all about Billy's mother.

14. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I thought Tim Curry did a fantastic, creeptastic job in the episode last night. When they showed the first real good look at his face, and the teeth--I think he kind of like, bared his teeth--I just totally burst out laughing! But then, after that I thought he was effectively scary.

Some of my thoughts may echo some fans' posts on a certain other site that I only lurk on.

I didn't/don't like the child actress who plays Ellie. She came across too much like an Unsub herself with all the weird looks she was giving. It was so distracting.

I didn't like the way Morgan was coming across. I haven't liked the way he's being written starting with the 5th season. TPTB of this show need to make up their minds who they want in charge of the team. Morgan came across over-the-top Big Bad and Bold and too much like he was calling the shots. Hotch shouldn't have just let Morgan go alone into the room with the Unsub without backup! Come on, Ed Bernero, you know how police procedure works! And I suppose that now that the show is being written so sloppily, Strauss won't even question this. We'll see in the next episode.

Hotch also snapped at Garcia at the beginning of last season when he was in the midst of the Foyet ordeal.

Last night's episode is the last one I'm going to record. The writing and attention to detail that the showrunners used to pay to CM is slipping, and I just hate the sound of the planned storyline with Hotch, Morgan and creepy lil Ellie.

I'm also planning to return my season 5 box set which I never unwrapped, because the pessimistic side of me was reminding me that I could return it and get my money back if I didn't like the way season 6 started off. (I already have the 6 or so eps I like from season 5 on my own disks).

electra, I'm going to PM you soon.

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay does anyone remember Spicer saying he was divorced, or if his wife died? I can't remember. I mean okay they kill him, they kill the aunt, but what about the mom, where is she?

As to the snapping at people, yep everyone one of them has done that, but it was Morgans continual tone and again as I said I get that he was angry (or Mad as hell as I put it), I get he felt guilty, and I get that he was injured. Maybe cold shoulder with Em was not the right phrase I was looking for, more like a shrug off.

Thing is when I watched him in that ep I remember back to the 2x15 ep "Revelations" yes she snapped at Garcia, but then explained if she couldn't see the tape then she couldn't do her job. Garcia seemed to catch on to her voice and realized what was going on so it was your basic apology for snapping. She tried to talk to Morgan cause she feels guilty about Reid, Morgan was kind of short with her telling her basically she has to figure things out for herself. I get Reid was missing and time was of the essence, but he could have given her a little compassion he didn't have to say yes or no it wasn't. But they needed her to help them. He didn't want to listen and just left her standing there. -- In the case of Ellie, she wasn't made aware of the situation, so when she asked, she brushed past her with this look. -- Now that isn't the only time he has used a tone with her. After she had her baby the writers constantly had him using the you just became a parent reference, which really irritated me to a point, and I mentioned this before. -- Like I mentioned everyone has at one point snapped at each other, including Garcia at some of the team, remember when she took what Morgan said wrong which ended up getting her shot? She wouldn't talk to him so Emily had to call her, and then Em had to give Morgan a clue. Look I am not being a downer on Morgan, normally I like him fine, it's the times when the writers just sort of push the limits with him to make him look and sound like an ass that I have a problem with.

Gotta agree that the little girl (and I thought it was just me) was good but the slight looks, lack of shown fear even for a second, that talking back to a kidnapper many times, even taunting him about letting the second brother escape and telling him to alert all the neighbors to the fact that Flynn was there. Even when Morgan hugged her at the end after she learned whatever he said to her, she was blank, okay some would say reality set in. But then he hugged her and she had that look on her face for a few seconds and then a tear rolled down her face but that look was still there. -- She was awesome in the ep, and if she were working with the unsub I would say perfect. I am not sure about being a victim, if they persue this even for another ep hopefully they give her more of that child like (non unsub in the making) look cause lol yeah.

I myself am not going to stop watching, right now things are disjointed granted, they seem to be here, there and everywhere, right now, and I am sure that losing some of the writers over to the new show, and losing a character that has been there can't help the situation. Hopefully getting past this and the next ep they will find that even keel. Or maybe the purpose is to keep everyone on their toes and like I mentioned showing more then one dimensions, which shakes things up where we think we know something about someone. With each dimension we see a new side, the good, the bad and the ugly. Thing I am wondering if the disjointed part came before or after the network decided not to bring back AJ/JJ if so then a lot of rewrites had to be done if they hadn't gotten it written or fully written, it might not explain alot of season five but it might explain a lot of misteps in the first ep of season six. OR I could be wrong altogether lol. :D