TNT: Rizzoli & Isles

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

TNT Official Series Page

Rizzoli & Isles premieres Monday, July 12 at 10/9c on TNT.

About the show:

RIZZOLI & ISLES follows Boston detective Jane Rizzoli (Harmon) and medical examiner Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander), complete opposites and good friends who solve crimes and bust some of Boston’s most notorious criminals. Growing up at opposite ends of the economic spectrum, the two remain strikingly different from one another in many ways. Jane, the only female detective in Boston’s homicide division, is a tough and gutsy cop who doesn’t let her guard down (except with Maura), dodges her overprotective mother and is better at basketball than her brother. Maura, meanwhile, is usually more comfortable among the dead than the living. She is always impeccably dressed in designer duds with a steady, sometimes icy temperament. And she is working on curbing her tendency to diagnose the people she meets – including her first dates. Jane and Maura often find themselves working together as both use their brilliant minds and expertise to figure out the “who done it” as well as the “how done it” of Boston’s most complex cases.

Despite their many differences, Jane and Maura are best friends, with a quirky and supportive relationship. As Tamaro explains, “That Jane and Maura are so different and yet so effective as a team makes them unusual.… There’s something rare about their relationship that I see in the world but not enough on television: two smart, strong, competent women who instinctively drop the protective shield when they’re with each other.”
    Cast of Show:

Angie Harmon as Jane Rizzoli
    Billy Burke as Gabriel Dean
    Bruce McGill as Vince Korsak
    Jordan Bridges as Franke Rizzoli Jr.
    Lee Thompson Young as Barry Frost
    Lorraine Bracco as Angela Rizzoli
    Sasha Alexander as Maura Isles

IMDB For Show

Thumbnail Pics of Cast from IMDB

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  2. Destiny

Okay the commericals are funny, and Sasha is blondish seems wierd lol, but from the commericals seems like it might be a great show. Also we have our first Spoiler if you will on the show.

TvGuide Online

Happy to hear that Mark-Paul Gosselaar will guest-star on Rizzoli & Isles. Any other details about his role?

ADAM: As we exclusively reported, he's a wealthy former college beau of Dr. Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander), but his character is also a triathlete. And although Alexander says she enjoyed checking out MPG's body while filming swimming scenes, it doesn't sound as though the old flames will begin burning again. "I don't know that he will be coming back, if you get what I mean," she says. "He does some pretty bad things. He does some real shady stuff here. Zack Morris, how could you?!"

Mark-Paul Gosselaar to Guest-Star on Rizzoli & Isles

Mark-Paul Gosselaar will guest-star in an upcoming episode of the new TNT drama Rizzoli & Isles, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

Gosselaar will play Garrett Fairfield, an old college boyfriend of medical examiner Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander), in the sixth episode of the show's first season. Garrett, a member of one of Boston's oldest, wealthiest families with roots that trace back to the landing of the Mayflower, returns to Boston to mourn the death of his older brother.
    Homicide detective Jane Rizzoli (Angie Harmon) investigates Garrett's brother's murder, but becomes distracted by news of Isles' own wealthy background.

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm really looking forward to this show. I think both actresses are great, and the promos look fun. And it's on after 'The Closer', I think, so it should get a good jump start.
    The female castoffs from CBS should go over to TNT. lol. They would have a better chance of survival. :)

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

5. Destiny

Source Yahoo: New TNT cop show "Rizzoli & Isles" shows promise

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Liking TNT's "Rizzoli & Isles" is a matter of taste, but it's hard to disagree with one fact: It has been far too long since two female law officers were the axis of a successful TV show. (Call me if you think of something more recent than "Cagney & Lacey.")

But "R&I," premiering Monday, is better than just being a fresh new milestone for one gender; in fact, based on the pilot, it's hard to find a false note in the new TNT series. It jolts along with humor, suspense, insight and a fair amount of oozing blood.

Boston police detective Jane Rizzoli (Angie Harmon) and medical examiner Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander) are two mismatched lone wolves with some social issues whose friendship is just beginning to bud -- a working-class gal (Rizzoli) with a tough demeanor who vacuums when she's thinking and a glamour gal (Isles) with a pet tortoise who grew up dying to dissect. The two still are tiptoeing around their connection but have a mutually admiring, believable chemistry.

For More See The Link Provided

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

A big fat 'Amen!' to that.
    I loved 'Cagney & Lacey' and am really looking forward to this one.

Thanks for posting Destiny. :)

7. Destiny

You are welcome. ;)

Source TvGuide.com: Rizzoli & Isles' Sasha Alexander: I'm "Carrie Bradshaw with a Dead Body"

What's a medical examiner to wear to a crime scene?

If you're Rizzoli & Isles' Maura Isles, you throw on some Balenciaga and Bottega Veneta.

"Obviously!" Sasha Alexander, who plays Isles on the new TNT series (Monday at 10/9c), tells TVGuide.com. "Don't they all wear that? It's pretty fantastic. I'm not complaining. She has great clothes and she has great taste. We are referring to her as Carrie Bradshaw with a dead body."

Though Isles is more often among the dead than living, the fashionista does have a close — though very different — friend with a pulse: Detective Jane Rizzoli (Angie Harmon), with whom she teams up to solve Boston's grisliest crimes.

While the quirky and icy cool Isles dresses in designer duds, awkward tomboy Rizzoli prefers T-shirts and jeans ("Maura definitely gives Jane a few lessons on 'You can't wear that'"). Isles comes from money; Rizzoli's blue-collar clan includes her overprotective mother (Lorraine Bracco) and a patrolman-brother (Jordan Bridges).

"It's kind of, like, 'Opposites attract to kick a--.' You don't see two lead female [crimefighters] on shows a lot," says Alexander, 37. "I like their relationship because they have a different sense of style, backgrounds and points of view, but there's a true female friendship. It's not the kind where these girls grew up together and they're besties. They're adult women, doing separate jobs who met on the job, but making their lives work. I love that it's genuine and there's no cattiness that you sometimes see elsewhere."

For More Click The Link Provided!

8. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I was looking forward to this one, but the reality (especially the prison interview) seemed a lot darker than the commercials indicated. I'm not really up for something as dark as Criminal Minds, but that's just me. I'll give it another week. I have to say that I do love Isles' fashion show, though... :lol:

9. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Well worth the wait!

10. Anna P

Anna P Witness

7.6 million viewers! :thumbsup:

"Monday night’s premiere of TNT’s new original series Rizzoli & Isles now claims the record as cable’s #1 commercial-supported series launch of all time, with 7.6 million viewers. The series, starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander, raced out of the starting gate after an equally strong performance for the sixth-season premiere of The Closer, which delivered 7.7 million viewers, up 7% over its fifth-season premiere on June 8, 2009. Both premieres also rank as ad-supported cable’s top series telecasts for the year-to-date among viewers and households..." http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/1...rted-premiere-draws-7-6-million-viewers/56989

We got us a hit here!

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

In an interview I saw, they mentioned that the pilot was darker than they intended the series to be, so it should lighten up a bit in future episodes.
    While I enjoyed the pilot, I was not overly impressed and felt that they tried to do too much in the first episode. They solved a serial killer case, plus they were trying to introduce the characters, so I'm hoping the writing improves and the cases and relationships are allowed to evolve more realistically.
    I hope it's a hit and that viewers return. I think it's very compatible with The Closer.

12. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I enjoyed the series premiere. Yes, it was a bit dark at times, but I enjoyed the banter between some of the regulars. I was also surprised to learn that my mom also watched this show too. She usually doesn't watch ANYTHING but the Weather Channel, Dancing With The Stars, and The Bachelor. I hope this one lasts longer than Angie's previous Women's Murder Club.

And why do crime shows always seem to begin with a serial killer storyline? CSI, Women's Murder Club, etc.

13. Destiny

Gotta admit didn't care for Sasha on NCIS, but with this show she is showing the talent or whatever you want to call it that I feel she was holding back on NCIS. Not to mention she looks better with this hair color lol.

I have the name of seven episodes. But no info (spoilers descripts) from The futon critic. Okay really its six episodes as the first one has aired.

7/12/10 (#100) See One, Do One, Teach One

7/19/10 (#101) Boston Strangler Redux
    7/26/10 (#102) Sympathy for the Devil
    8/02/10 (#103) She Works Hard for the Money
    8/09/10 (#104) Born to Run
    8/16/10 (#105) I Kissed a Girl
    8/23/10 (#106) Money for Nothing
    8/30/10 (#107) I'm Your Boogie Man

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I totally agree with that. I never liked her on NCIS. That might have something to do with the fact that I didn't start watching the show until Sasha was gone and Cote was on. But even in reruns, I didn't like the shows she was in. I thought Sasha was much better in this show - so far.

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Last night's ep was the first I've seen (and it was only the second ep, so it's not like I'm that far behind). I liked it. I liked them, which is a big deal for me, because from what I can remember, the first show that had me loving the characters in the first ep I saw was Criminal Minds (I was actually offended with the idea of Emily betraying the team even though I'd only known her for 30 minutes).

Isles diagnosing her date? Very amusing. She's kind of like a less-sheltered version of Bones. I loved that she accidentally talked herself into becoming a hostage.

I do have to wonder what it is with Angie Harmon and playing tough cops with bosses that she doesn't get along with because of history in TV shows based on books. However, I like her character here better than her character in WMC.

I started watching NCIS after Ziva joined, but even going back, Kate wasn't my favorite character... I liked her snark, but I was never very sold on her.