Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Damn splice and dice promos. They hate me and trick me and make me look like an idiot when I'm completely wrong. :lol:

Yeah, I put too much thought into that. I knew that the two pictures were in the same time frame, but the back of my mind is screaming "why are you sitting in a car while the Reaper is attacking people". Of course, there's always that whole thing where spoiler pictures are lying liars who lie, and there's probably a perfectly good reason, you over-analyzing idiot. But, you know. :p

Hee. He probably subconsciously knows it, which is why those are the only type of pants he's worn since his first episode. (I only noticed because I think it's funny that he wears basically the same general outfit every day. Jeans, shirt, jacket. Sometimes no jacket. Wow, now I sound even more like a fictional stalker. :lol:)

Erm... Um... Hotch breaks away from the group, goes off on his own, goes in the house, gets in a fight with the Reaper, the fight finishes, and then the team gets there? And Rossi is... motioning for an ambulance for whomever? (Because in the promo Hotch kicks the door in and is by himself without a vest.)[/SPOILER]

1 Day 23 Hours 2 Minutes 05 Seconds. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2009
  2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

:lol: Sorry about the temptation there, what can I say when I start researching things of interest to me it's like an addiction, that research could be from tv shows, lines, etc to other RL things. *Hi I am Destiny/Susan, and I am a research addict* :p

I am going to put your quotes in Italics instead of quotes.

Wow, now I sound even more like a fictional stalker. :lol:)
    Better fictional then real I always say. :lol: and please god do not change his style.

Erm... Um... Hotch breaks away from the group, goes off on his own, goes in the house, gets in a fight with the Reaper, the fight finishes, and then the team gets there? And Rossi is... motioning for an ambulance for whomever? (Because in the promo Hotch kicks the door in and is by himself without a vest.)
    Yeah I know, I was referring to the splice and dice they do with promo's now, I mean at what point are they in that warehouse (seen in pics, ie the rossi jeans moment lol), then Em in the car, both wearing vests. Okay so now were at that point, at some point a gun shot is heard by Garcia making her cry out, in the CBS video they show hotch driving, but in the CTV video they show him driving then throwing the phone.

Now here is what I am wondering Rossi is outside motioning, Em is in what a hall or entry way, and Morgan is in a doorway of some sort, all three wearing vests, in this house, at one point Hotch (via the ctv promo) is leaning over someone in a white shirt) he is in a vest. In the CTV video you also clearly see the reaper watching Haley and Jack in front of the garage, I don't know if it just not a wide enough angle or what but I didn't see Haleys car or the garage on the house (again btw nice car and house if that is theres).

So here is the thing, could any of these shots in the promo even remotely be in order, could that be Haley or a victim of the reaper in general to get their attention, could the house the three are at not even be Haley's but rather other victims house. Could they torcher us anymore? wait they could lol. And how good is this show at editing the splice and dice promo to make us question what is left of our sanity? and fineally the tree in the forest falling does it make a sound? Brings to mind something is what you are seeing and thinking really what is there or the illusion of what we either think we see/hear or did we just hear that tree make the sound?

Utoh the timer has official began. :lol: So who has told people call me and I will hurt you? who has called in sick? Plan to put their children to bed way earlier then planned?
    Now I don't have to do that, because I can watch it twice, see the nice thing about Directv is the fact that while I live on the east coast and can watch it at 9pm et. I also have the CBS west coast channel and so three hours later I can watch it again. :cool: Not including computer, and taping it. :eek::wtf:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well, when Hotch enters the house he is definitely not in a vest. He isn't wearing one when he's fighting the Reaper, either. But it doesn't make sense for Hotch to put a vest on after he's confronted the Reaper. Is it possible that there's two cases? Because some of the multiple vest shots could be from a different case.

And the gunshot, it's possible that that's why Garcia is reacting to as well as what Emily and JJ are reacting to. It also could be either. Or neither. If Garcia isn't reacting to the gunshot, then I have no idea what's going on because that's not a "omg the reaper's back" expression.

That would make me unhappy. :lol:

I've had the timer up for a week. *g*

Wednesday is going to kill me. I have to get up at 4AM to get to school around 5AM to participate in the senior prank (we're camping out until the school opens at 9AM. Why is beyond me), and then I go to school until the Spirit Week pep rally. At 2:30 I have to go help set up the cameras to film the Homecoming game. Then I get to come back to school at 6PM to finish setting up to film the 7PM game, which will probably end around 8:45, at which point I will get home as quickly as humanly possibly to watch Criminal Minds at 9. I am going to be dead by 10. I'll need to set my DVD recorder in case I accidentally fall asleep just from exhaustion.

1 Day 21 Hours 52 Minutes 25 Seconds

4. Destiny

Life sucks when you get all this stuff and suddenly windows won't respond! Trying again.

5x10 more Promo pics "The Slave of Duty"

"100"Okay E!online has four (count them four) video's in which we see some of the scenes but not like this.

Click - Also where it says play you will have to go to the link for that. The last video OMFG Hotch talks to the Reaper as he watches Haley and Jack and the team is listening in, by the way that garage/car does belong to Haley.

Hold on to your sofas, TV fans, because Wednesday night's 100th episode of Criminal Minds is going to be superscary! C. Thomas Howell is back as George "The Reaper" Foyet, and he's got Hotch's (Thomas Gibson) family in his evil clutches. Honestly, we're not sure that Haley (Meredith Monroe) is going to make it. Eek!

Press play above to see J.J. (A.J. Cook) defend Hotch to that mean lady who runs the BAU division of the FBI, and then click in for three more sneak peeks of Wednesday night's craziness!

Okay here is the thing remember I think its 5x3 "Reckoner"? You see Hotch watching Jack on the swing via visior camera but if you remember the episode there were two marshalls at the playground a guy and a woman. Could it be (yeah new theory) that both marshalls are killed and the reason that Jack is at the funeral is because after all this time he got slightly attached to them, maybe Haley got injured and is in the hospital and her sister is with her.

Okay have we officially stretched the theories out of the realm, I know on some points we have all called the theory, but we really can't profile this ourselves because the network is splicing and dicing more then an unsub on the show! :lol: :wtf:

Also on a side note
    Bullet-proof babe - Paget Brewster raises her ‘FB-Eyebrow’ on ‘Criminal Minds’
    - I love the last line regarding the spin off, that is funny. BTW I didn't realize she is 40 yrs old. This is a good article and funny, I do feel bad for anyone who attempts to break into her house. :eek:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Wow, that's kind of cool!

6. Destiny

Okay a post or so up I mentioned the uncredited US marshall, here is the bio for
    US Marshall uncredited in "The Reckoner" played by Amy Koppelman

Okay do you know how bad it is when I take half an hour to put together this bio of the stars? :wtf: I am or was that bored lol.

Who are they?

Birth Name: Thomas Ellis Gibson
    Character: Aaron "Hotch" Hotchner
    Height: 6' 2"
    DOB: July 3, 1962
    Married to: Christine Gibson (1993 to present)
    Children: James Parker (born June 23rd 1999), Travis Carter (born July 1st 2002), Agatha Marie (born April 28th 2004).

======
    Birth Name: Joseph Anthony Mantegna Jr.
    Character: David Rossi
    Height: 5' 11"
    DOB: November 13, 1947
    Married to: Arlene Vrhel (1975 to present)
    Children: Mia & Gina (Mia, is autistic), (Gina (aka Gia) an actress Guest starred on CM as Lindsay in "3rd life")
    Joe also has has Bell's palsy.

======
    Birth name: Andrea Joy Cook
    Character: Jennifer 'JJ' Jareau
    Height: 5' 6½"
    DOB: July 22, 1978
    Married to: Nathan Anderson (2001 to present)
    Children: Mekhai Allan, September 13, 2008

======
    Birth name: Paget Brewster
    Character: Emily Prentiss
    Height: 5' 8"
    DOB: March 10, 1969
    Married to: Not
    Children: None

======
    Birth Name: Shemar Franklin Moore
    Character: Derek Morgan
    Height: 6' 1"
    DOB: April 20, 1970
    His mother is caucasian and his father is African American
    His mother has Multiple Sclerosis
    He also speaks Dutch.

======
    Birth Name: Kirsten Vangsness
    Character: Penelope Garcia
    Height: 5' 7"
    DOB: July 7, 1972
    Married to: Engaged/Wedded to Melanie Goldstein (works on 24)
    Kristen hopes to wed girlfriend in spring 2009

======
    Birth name: Matthew Gray Gubler
    Character: Dr. Spencer "Spence" Reid
    Height: 6' 1"
    DOB: March 9, 1980
    His mother, Marilyn Gubler, was the first woman to serve as Republican state Chairman.
    Grandson of Laura and Maxwell Kelch- founders of Las Vegas' first radio station, KENO.
    His sister Laura Dahl is a fashion designer.

======
    Birth name: Mandel Bruce Patinkin
    Character: Jason Gideon
    Height: 6' 0¾"
    DOB: November 30, 1952
    Married to: Actress Kathryn Grody (1980 to present)
    Children: Isaac Patinkin (born 1983) and Gideon Grody-Patinkin (born 1987).
    Lost his father to cancer.
    He also was diagnosed with and treated for prostate cancer in 2004.

======
    Birth name: Lola Glaudini
    Character: Elle Greenaway
    Height: unknown
    DOB: November 24, 1971
    Married to: Stuart England (unknown date)
    Children: 2 (names/sex unknown)
    The daughter of actor/writer Robert Glaudini.
    Her husband is a jewelery designer
    Reportedly left CM because she was unhappy living in LA.
    She is also the daughter of Nina Rosen, a writer and college instructor in Northern California.

======
    Birth name: Meredith Leigh Monroe
    Character: Haley Brooks Hotchner
    Height: 5' 6"
    DOB: December 30, 1968
    Married to: Steven Kavovit (1999 to present)

Okay thats it, I would have done little Jack but with him growing and all lol *sigh* back to being bored. :lol:

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Wow, you really are bored. Lol.

I'd comment on the 100 spoiler, but I can't read the box until, like, 4 this afternoon. But I can comment on Paget Brewster's interview article thing. *g* I love her. Does anyone know what episode she's referring to when she's talking about the window?

Also:
    Poor Em gets hit in the face again. Although I'm a bit confused. Does she get into a scuffle with an UnSub *and* a car crash? Is the UnSub in the car with her, punch her in the face, and cause her to crash? Or does she just have a very long day?

8. Destiny

That would be the ep 5x6 "The eyes have it" they are about to go into the Earl Bulford's (the guy who puts the human eyes in the animal heads) place and she uses her elbow to break the glass. This move surprised me because usually its the guys that do that, so that is why it stuck in my memory.

BTW Hotch and Prentiss shippers (if your out there) this was just in on tvguide online.
    I'm obsessed with Criminal Minds! Are they ever going to get Prentiss a boyfriend? — Erin
    ADAM:
    Based on the number of emails we receive about a Hotch-Prentiss hookup each week, the fan demand is certainly there. There's just one pesky problem, according to executive producer Ed Bernero. "We don't even know if Prentiss is straight," he tells me. Bernero was coy about whether or not we'll actually see any girl-on-girl action, but he did say that Hotch and Prentiss are an essential pair. "I think what's more important to us is their friendship. It's too important to mess up with them sleeping together."

Lastly....

THE DAY IS HERE!!!!! Episode 100!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  9. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

That was really interesting, Destiny. I had no idea Mantenga's daughter was in an episode or that Vangess was a homosexual. Interesting.

Can't wait for tonight! I think Haley's going to die, although I don't know what the point of that is.

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I'm too lazy to look back on previous posts to see if this was mentioned. This Friday, November 27, is a Criminal Minds marathon on A&E starting at 8:00 am (Eastern time). The BAU will be very tired when they finish up at 11 pm.

8:00 AM The Fox (season 1, episode 7)
    9:00 AM Natural Born Killer (s 1, ep 8)
    10:00 AM Derailed (s 1, ep 9)
    11:00 AM Mayhem (s 4, ep 1)
    12:00 PM The Angel Maker (s 4, ep 2)
    1:00 PM Minimal Loss (s 4, ep 3)
    2:00 PM Paradise (s 4, ep 4)
    3:00 PM The Instincts (s 4, ep 6)
    4:00 PM Memoriam (s 4, ep 7)
    5:00 PM Masterpiece (s 4, ep 8)
    6:00 PM 52 Pickup (s 4, ep 9)
    7:00 PM Brothers in Arms (s 4, ep 10)
    8:00 PM Normal (s 4, ep 11)
    9:00 PM Soul Mates (s 4, ep 12)
    10:00 PM Bloodline (s 4, ep 13)

And then A&E repeats the following on Saturday morning:
    12:01 AM Normal
    1:01 AM Soul Mates
    2:01 AM Bloodline

As I said before, all times are Eastern. Check local listings for time and channel in your area.

11. Destiny

Gina Picture, and Joe and Gia (or Gina)

Heads up Thomas Gibson (aka Hotch lol) was on live with Regis and Kelly Today. I am just waiting for the video on it.

12. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

couldn't wait till the 100 ep am getting all keen over the promos then my computer speakers broke this morning and can't be fixed for at least a week:eek: :(:(:(:(:(:(:mad: will just have to watch it in silence :lol:

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Hee, that thing about "we don't even know if Prentiss is straight" will certainly make Elizabeth Bear happy. She's been insisting on that for about two season now. *laughs*

Oh, of course, the glass thing is in the one episode that I missed. No wonder I didn't know. :p

By the way, Destiny:
    Rossi's not wearing jeans! Although it's acceptable because he's probably at a funeral.

I'm actually a bit confused about this. Because they're, like, at a restaurant. I suppose you could go to one after a funeral, but still.

The first thing I thought when I saw the one pic was "Emily Prentiss, why are you smiling at a funeral?" The second thing I thought was "Paget Brewster I hate you because you're so pretty." *shrugs*

14. Destiny

Youtube 100 party with promo of episode. - ohh a little new shot in there just a little, itty bitty.

Tvguide online article holllllly....
    Criminal Minds 100th Episode Brings Big Loss and Change

Criminal Minds marks its 100th episode by circling back to the beginning and addressing issues raised then, as well as bracing for a future with a "new reality" — and "new family."

"There's a question raised in the pilot episode of whether you can spend your time hunting monsters and not become a monster," executive producer Ed Bernero tells TVGuide.com. "We wanted to revisit that question 100 episodes later and see if the answer changed. Hotch [Thomas Gibson] does something that makes you wonder what's happened to everybody [since the start]."

Bernero promises two deaths by the end of Wednesday's episode. "We're going to definitely lose somebody very important to all of us in this episode, and it's going to change our team and a member of our team going forward. We're going to have to watch these characters come to grips with a new reality. There's a funeral in the 101st episode. The funeral is the beginning of the new reality, the new family of the show."

Bernero says Hotch will get a new appreciation for his teammates, all of whom band together to cope. "They all learn to support each other in a different way," he says. "We've all seen them be supportive of each other through work, through their lives at work. But this is sort of a new way of supporting each other, which each of them comes to a little bit differently."

The 100th episode also brings back familiar faces. "Everybody you've seen through the 100 episodes who isn't a bad guy is back," Bernero says. "Will (Josh Stewart) and the baby are with J.J. (A.J. Cook) and it's through the baby that she has the realization of how to get the next piece in finding the Reaper. Kevin (Nicholas Brendon) helps Garcia (Kirsten Vangsness) narrow down where he might be. Tina, who's been an evidence technician for us a few times, processes some evidence and Anderson our ghost guy helps us move forward as well. Everybody is back for a little cameo."

All that leads to the BAU to stop the only killer they've not been able to catch: The Reaper (C. Thomas Howell). "They realize he's not going to go away and he's going to keep messing with them," Bernero says. "Finally, they go back to what they do, which is [building] the profile, to find out where it is that he's ultimately going."

So once the Reaper is brought down, will Hotch reclaim his role as unit chief from Morgan (Shemar Moore)?

"Hotch has a decision to make — he is offered early retirement," Bernero says. "There will be a few-episode arc about what exactly Hotch is going to do and what Morgan is going to do. Do you go back to the old team concept? I think they all come to a different paradigm in how the team operates. It's much more a shared responsibility than it was before."

=========

Okay I put in italics, something noticable, is Haley considered "someone very important to all of us"? who will change the team? I can see and one member if it were Haley then that would be Hotch but hmm, okay so she might not be the "important" one, as there will be two deaths. The plot freakin' thickens.

Just about 3 hrs to go for me.

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Wow. That's interesting. We know that the team survives the episode, but we actually can't be certain about any of the other except Kevin, because he's in the promo shots for 102, and Jack, for the same reason. That means that Haley, Foyett, Will, Henry (though they wouldn't go there), Tina (who I'm not sure I know), and Anderson (is he the guy that took Elle home in The Fisher King?) are fair game, as far as recurring characters go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.