Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Welcome to the Criminal Minds discussion thread #3!!!!

Here are you're previous threads.. Thread 1, Thread 2

Definition of Show Criminal Minds: Intriguing, Awesome, Greatness, Supreme, Justice, Challenging, Kickass, humor, Genius, edge of your seat, etc. So many words can describe how good this show is, but none more then the fans.

Definition of "Omniscience": Is the capacity to know everything infinitely, or at least everything that can be known about a character including thoughts, feelings, life and the universe, etc."

Miss an episode? Catch up the next day using CH131.com it's legal, no downloading and the catch is that they post the eps usually the next day. Please keep this in mind (no pun intended).

Who are the Cast/Characters?
    A.J. Cook as SSA Jennifer "JJ" Jareau
    Joe Mantegna as SSA David Rossi
    Kirsten Vangsness as SSA Penelope Garcia
    Matthew Gray Gubler as SSA Dr. Spencer Reid
    Paget Brewster as SSA Emily Prentiss
    Shemar Moore as SSA Derek Morgan
    Thomas Gibson as SSA Aaron Hotchner

Unsubs be on the look out they are coming for you and we are going to sit back and enjoy it!!!! :D

Follow the Stars on Twitter
    Thomas Gibson, Kirsten Vangsness, Matthew Gray Gubler, Paget Brewster, AJ Cook, Joe Mantegna

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Woot, new thread! I like the title. It fits for both the Team and our obsessive knowledge of the characters/show.

I was reading the most recent TV Guide, and they had a two-page article on Criminal Minds and the 100th episode.

"100" Apparently the Reaper is going after Hotch and his family. Gee, I never would've guessed that. Although if I was writing this show, I'd have the Reaper go after Hotch's family and his "family". Which very well might happen, because this is Criminal Minds.

Hee. They were talking about the team off-camera, and Paget said that Shemar teases her and calls her a diva. And then she kicks him. And then he laughs and walks away. I really, really wish that had been in an episode.

Ick, no one else posted so I have to edit this post for my comments on tonight. :lol:

"Outfoxed" ~Of course Reid is at a lecture. He doesn't know enough already.
    ~Hm. Is Reid going to be the only one in this episode today? (I'm already bitchy. This is going to be interesting.)
    ~Maybe he ran out of bullets. What?
    ~Emily and Rossi have no idea, either, but they aren't going to ask. I don't know who he is, because I haven't seen this episode yet.
    ~That sounds like a setup, Hotch.
    ~Wait. Hotch, Rossi, Morgan, JJ, Garcia, Reid, Emily, and random woman. That's eight, not seven.
    ~That has probably been the hardest notification I've ever seen. Wow. Even Rossi just kind of sadly walks away.
    ~Emily knows that she's basically bait. I love how her voice sounds like a smirk (What?) when she asks if The Fox is going to try to freak her out.
    ~"This is Agent-" "Emily... Prentiss. I know all about you." Emily's like "...hold on what?" Yeah. She was expecting some graphic explanations or something, but she wasn't expecting the freak to know her name.
    ~I love how pre-credit cliffhangers are not necessarily always concluded after the break.
    ~Aw, look, Emily’s growing up. One painful step at a time.
    ~*snicker* Agent Garcia, Jaje? Oh, really?
    ~Oh… oh no.
    ~Joe, cut your hair. Or at least style it differently.
    ~Suffocation and drowning is almost the same thing, really.
    ~“Luckily?”
    ~*smirk* Fangirl!Emily is fun.
    ~Don’t call her Emily, you freak.
    ~Emily with the profile point. This is the second week in a row with a female!UnSub twist. I didn’t clue into this one early, so it’s okay.
    ~“A psychopath born in the middle of all that? That’s not a good mix.”
    ~I don’t speak whatever that language is, thanks. (Croatian?)
    ~Emily, you need a hug.
    ~Hee, “screams homicidal bitch”. I love you, Garcia.
    ~Morgan just said Jennifer. What?
    ~Morgan got tackled! Where the hell are the other agents? That lunatic got off, like, three shots. And no one came to help. David Rossi, I am very displeased with you.
    ~Oh. My. God. That is epic. I figured it was the Reaper a few minutes ago, but the reveal was pretty awesome.
    ~This explains how The Fox knew Emily’s name, but the fact that Foyett thought to give it to him is a tad disturbing.

"Promo" Oh. My. Freaking. God. Love. Hailey is scared and Hotch is fighting and Foyett is stabby and somebody’s on the ground and Emily and JJ both look like they’re crying. Crying. Emily and JJ. AUGH!

100th Episode Squee!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2009
  3. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

I love the title. It definitely represents our ridiculous obsessiveness/ knowledge.

I now want this TV Guide. I sense a trip to Publix in my near future. Ooh, I should send my friend the bag boy after it. Haha. That would make that magazine even better.

"100" So we get Protective!Hotch? Yay!
    I wonder how Morgan will be in that episode... Because technically he'll still be Unit Chief. So will he act all in charge?

Awww. That's why I love them in videos on set.

Alex, I feel your pain. I just realized this will be a very long post because of my notes. Although, you're not Tweeting with me, which makes me mad. Grrr.

"Outfoxed- Live Tweeting!" ~
    I can actually Live Tweet tonight. I feel as if this is a minor miracle. Alex?​

~love how focused Red is. I wonder if this is true. Very interesting.

~I meant Reid. Sorry. Speed typing. Anyway, the brain thing is true. And awesome.

~I definitely knew that burial is a sign of remorse. I'm learning. =]

~This is SO sad. It makes me want to cry. And I think Morgan and Jayje, too.

~So the UNSUB who licks the glass isn't even central? At least we have Em freaked out. LOVE IT.

~Hotch is being protective of Em. Oh, Mom.

~"Thereisnoproblem." Hahahah. I wanna see Em REALLY freak out. Does that sound sadistic?

~Rossi gets this Speech Tone like he's giving a lecture sometimes. It entertains me that he's still used to lecturing when it's just the team

~Emily has to play The Fan again? Really?

~What a freaking creeper.

~Morgan and Garcia are getting snappy with each other. Problem.

~Bosnia? What? Why does this keep coming up?

~Mila will be able to understand this with her handy
    Bosnian/Serbian/Croation/I Can Understand Every European Language.

~Awww. Poor Em. She's actually... Not compartmentalized. She's upset. I. Love. It.​

~WHOA! MORGAN! I love when he's in danger.​

~Holy crap! THE REAPER??!!​

~That's the end? FAIL.​

"100 Promo"​

HOLY FRICK ON A FRICKING STICK. NEXT WEEK LOOKS MORE EPIC THAN WORDS COULD POSSIBLY DESCRIBE.​

Haley and Jack! Ay Dios mio!
    I have wanted to see Hotch get the beat down on someone.
    Why are Em and Jayje CRYING? Problem? I think so.
    Seven days is too much. TOO MUCH.​

Actual commentary will be given at a later date.​

All right, Alex. I am now officially very mad at you. I thought I had you beat. =[​

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

"Outfoxed"Emily's usually so good at blocking out the screaming, and the fact that she isn't really makes me curious. I'm very fascinated by this, because it shows that her experiences with the team have actually affected her. She used to be able to distance herself from cases better.

I loved Hotch's quick flipping through the papers while Emily's confusedly asking him what's going on. Because the more he flips the more you can see in his face that he knows exactly what's coming.

Bryn, this ongoing race is amusing. Unless I don't happen to watch an episode, it's a fair game.

5. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

YAY! Brand new thread! Sorry I didnt make it here last night...I think I was still in shock over the preview for next week

I love in charge Morgan...woo hoo...so hot!
    The Fox was creepy...only cuz he knew Emily's name before hand
    The fangirl in me squeed when he asked Hotch how he could keep focused while working around Emily...sorry
    I love Garcia...
    Usually anything to do with Military gets to me, I kinda shuddered when they mentioned a soldier in Afgahanistan (I have a friend there right now)
    I screamed when Morgan was tackled, happy he was ok

Next week, all I have to say is OMG!

6. electra

electra Pathologist

New thread? I have missed a lot.But I watched last night and episode 6 and have to say that I really like Morgan as a chief.I don't want it to be a permanent thing but I like the change of dynamics.Morgan staying late at work and Hotch going alone to catch a suspect is so not the usual .And I know this is shallow but Morgan is too hot for words in a suit.The man looks GREAT.:drool: The Morgan and Garcia moment in that episode was really sweet.

I did like yesterday episode too.Emily was on a lot and that is always a plus.She was also the one that realized that the unsub was a woman.It was OK but no the best of the season overall.

Next week looks scary and I can not wait.

7. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Oh, man. Next week's seems epic in so many ways.

This week's was pretty good. It didn't take me long to realize that the woman who played their point-detective used to be on JAG as a recurring Commander... but I couldn't remember which one :lol:

Nice twist that this was all a setup by the Reaper. I likey. :D

Pretty good episode. :D

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

That would be actress Andrea Thompson she played Cmdr. Allison Krennick on Jag 6 eps in 1996 and one in 2004.

I am sure this was probably mentioned but new thread figure might as well refresh it. These spoilers.. are from EW's Ask Ausiello.

"Questions Ep 100" Question: There’s buzz that the whole Criminal Minds team will attend a funeral in an upcoming episode. What do you know? —Rita
    Ausiello: I’m just spitballing here, but I bet it has something to do with the two deaths in next Wednesday’s 100th episode.

Question: I know you only answer questions you find funny, but I’m going to ask one anyway: Got anything you can share about Criminal Minds? —Stephanie
    Ausiello: ROFLOLZOMG! You are too funny, Steph. Well done. Now about your request, next week’s gruesome eppy also boasts a finger-cutting and a head-bashing! Just in time for Thanksgiving!

Youtube CM 30 second promo for 100
    Youtube 5x09 "100" ctv promo
    Youtube 5x09 100 Promotional Photos (in video form)
    CBS 100th promo

"OMG 100th 11/25" Haley isn't a blonde anymore :eek:

100 ep Trivia from Tv.com: JJ's son, Henry, is played by A.J. Cook's real-life son, Mekhai, in this episode.

There is a repeat ep between the 100th ep and the 101st ep. (that ep is "Conflicted")

While Agent Hotchner takes a leave of absence to contemplate his future with the BAU, the team is called to investigate a home invasion case in Nashville without him.

Pick a vid they are funny, love the ones with Rossi in them the best.
    Youtube CM Bloopers
    Youtube CM Deleted Scenes
    YouTubes Family (one of my fav videos)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  9. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

That's it! I've only seen a handful of JAG episodes, but I saw her and I like her. Thanks, Destiny! You rock! :D

"100" While it's good to know that the BAU team won't be attending Hotch's funeral, it practically solidifies my mind that Haley won't survive this episode. But, I'm hoping that the second person who dies in this episode is The Reaper. Because I really think that's the only way this guy will stop.

Is it next Wednesday yet? :lol:

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Man, I don't know what to say first! Thanks for the spoiler info and links, Destiny. :thumbsup:I'm going to click and watch those as soon as I get through posting this post.

After reading what Ausiello said, I sure hope that...
    "ep 100" Hotch's ex-wife and son are not going to be murdered by the Reaper. I mean, would they really have something that horrible happen? I guess Haley and the FBI agent who's supposed to be watching her could get killed. Is the Reaper the one who leaves the kids alone? I get these Unsubs mixed up since I watch so many of the reruns. But if Hotch lost his whole family, he would be beyond devastated, and it would be terrible to watch that happen to him. :eek::(

About the ep this last Wednesday night...
    "spoiler for most recent ep" It wasn't one of the strongest episodes I've seen either, and neither was the one the week before (more on that in just a couple minutes) But near the end when Hotch becomes more and more aware of what's going on...WOW, INTENSE!!!. But one thing I really noticed in this last ep is how much the lack of the Garcia and Morgan banter hurts the show. I've always loved their phone flirting and shipped them until Kevin showed up. When he showed up, I thought he was perfect for her because they had so much in common. It even looked like he too had hippie parents because of the type of floral shirt he was wearing. But it wasn't just the lack of Garcia flirting with Morgan and vice versa. It didn't seem like she was acting her wonderfully wacky self at all with anyone in this last ep, unless I missed something.

I'm going to add more to this post in a couple minutes; hold on.

OK, I'm back. About the episode about the goth rock star, I really thought the singer did a good acting job in this ep. And I got to hear him do a cover of the song, Love Will Tear Us Apart. That song was originally done by Joy Division, who's lead singer unfortunately hanged himself back in the 80's. I have the vinyl record of it because that's the kind of music I've always liked which brings me to one of the things that bugged me about this ep. Emily's characterization seemed off. She can't be so good at compartmentalization that she no longer has a memory of what she was into back when she had her hair in the punk rocker style. She would no doubt know that song and not be soooo incredibly far removed from Dante's music. She'd be able to remember her past and relate to him to a certain point. But instead, she was cold toward him which baffled me. What he told her toward the end about how all he wanted to do was play his music, was a cliche, but it would've been nice if she hadn't just treated him like he was a creep or something. I didn't get that. He wasn't the killer, so why did she act like that toward him?

Also, Reid would know about the "Twilight" phenomena. Reid would've seen the magazines with it on the covers if nothing else. He DOES go to the grocery store, doesn't he? This reminded me of how the writers on Miami had Ryan not know what a "cougar" was. Major eye roll time.

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Hm. I'm kind of hoping that the Reaper is one of the deaths. Because I'm sick of the bastard.

As for the second one... I'm curious if it'll be Haley. The promo suggested that it was her, but it's a CBS promo and they tend to be deceptive. It's certainly possible that one of the deaths is Not!Goetz, but I dunno. If Haley was killed it would certainly have Hotch questioning his job.

Why is it always Conflicted? Seriously, they repeat that one, Memoriam, and Instincts all the time...

12. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Alex, you cheat, though, by leaving this open.

Hmmm. have I actually seen 'Conflicted'? Because I'm definitely not sure. I also haven't seen 'Memoriam' and I don't think 'Instincts'. Odd.

"100" If Haley dies I will lose a lot of faith in the writers. Because that is just evil. She can be hurt, but not dead. I don't think I could deal with Hotch mourning like that.

Bah. I agree with HnStetlerFan about the M/G banter. It really took away from the show when they stopped doing that, and I'm not just saying that because I ship them.

electra, what Morgan/Garcia moment. (That I just asked because I ship them)

Destiny, I'm pretty sure you're amazing. I'll check all of those videos out later.

Um... what else do I have to say? Next week can't come fast enough.

Yeah, I definitely just realized why there aren't new shows next Thursday. It would be GraciasGiving. I fail. Thanks.

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I fail to see how using all of your resources is cheating, Bryn.*g*

Conflicted was the episode with the guy with the split personality. One was a woman, one was a teenaged boy. The woman killed male college students.

"100" I'm not sure. I think I might end up with more respect for the writers if they kill off Haley. Because it's such a "they won't go there" that... they may actually go there. It's not like I want Hotch to be depressed, but still.

14. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I thought it was a really good episode. I liked the continuity from past seasons, although a mention of Elle or Gideon would have been nice. As a matter of fact, I thought I saw Lola Glaudini's name in the cast list on IMDB. Oh, well, I guess that just goes to show that IMDB is not always 100% accurate.

"thoughts on next week" I think it's interesting that Haley and Jack are in danger/hurt. I'm wondering if they're setting this up for Hotch to either leave or be killed off. It just seems strange that Em and JJ would be crying. Hmm. I've always been pretty sure that Hotch would kill Foyet, what with all they've been talking about what it takes to become a monster, etc. I just hope he doesn't take Haley or Jack with him, because that would be wrong, IMO.

I just really hope that Thomas Gibson is not leaving the show, simply because they've had so many cast changes already, what with Mandy Patinkin and Lola Glaudini either being fired or quitting.

I really am looking forward to next week

15. electra

electra Pathologist

Sorry ,bryn i was talking about episode 6 when Garcia showed Morgan his new office.I don't ship them but I like their friendship and it was nice that she was so great for him.;)

Thanks for the spoilers about the 100 th episode,destiny:thumbsup:.I even changed a shift at work to make sure I will be home watching it live.I hope it will be one of my top 5 episodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.