Ryan/Jon #22 - Our Favourite Dust Monkey

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by addictedtoSpeed, Mar 30, 2009.

?

What should the new thread be titled?

Poll closed Apr 5, 2009.
  1. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. All In the Accent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Incredible Shrinking T-Shirt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Get the Full Togo Experience Here

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. He's a Superhero in Training

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Just Take The Shirt Off Already!

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Waiting for the Comeback of the Purple Tee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Wolfe's Den

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  9. Dreaming of Wolfe Shirtless

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. Wolfe Gang

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  11. Our Favorite Dust Monkey

19 vote(s)
    45.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Re: Ryan/Jon #22

That bothered me too.The evening before we know that Ryan was on his way to talk to the photographer.He obviously never made it there ,was there any follow up? Horatio told Eric to try again when phoning Ryan,what happened there?Even though Ryan didn't tell them what had happened,they are CSI's.They knew the team was being targeted,Calleigh had already been attacked,nothing seemed strange to them?
    I agree with you Luf,Ryan did the right thing.There should be no question about that.

2. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

They very bad investigators if they don't notice thing right before their eyes :(

EDIT: I forgot asking, when exactly H said "They underestimated you"? (i didn't notice when, blame Ryan, when i see him i don't care what everyone says. Thats why i watch scenes with Ryan twice and more, first time i just stare on him, then i hear what everyone saying.) And second question, what he said to Horatio, when he show him vid with Billy. He said: "i slow down investigation..." and then something what ended about boy safety.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Does anyone think there will be any type of investigation because of the events from ,"Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing."? If so,what do you think the outcome will be?
    Will there be any followup at all?

Edit:Orla,I plan on watching the episode again tomorrow. I remember Ryan asking why the Russian mob came after him,something else being said and then Horatio responding they had underestimated him.I don't remember all that was said when he was talking to H about Billy either,I think I was distraught. I'm sure someone knows the answers,but I will pay more attention when I watch again.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  4. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

You're exactly right. Everyone knew the team was being targeted, and Ryan isn't one to just skip out on work or not answer calls. Calleigh picked up on it, but it surprised me she thought it was gambling and not something else. Eric just has this continual hate of him, so he couldn't possibly understand. GHA! You can't find Calleigh for 2.5 and everyone goes haywire, Ryan goes missing for a whole night, winds up getting tortured, and no one cares....granted no one knew about the torture, but they should know by now Ryan wouldn't compromise his job like that.

5. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Even when Lipton blackmailed him, Ryan don't mess with investigation, he found money, but never did like Lipton want. He make some mistakes, but never destroy evidence, at least deliberately.

I hope so, we need it! In my mind i see it that way, in next ep Ryan solve the crime with everyone else, but C&E shows him how they disappointed at him and don't trust him anymore. Ryan still don't tell them why he did it, cuz he too proud and stubborn (i like when he stubborn :)), cuz it make looks like he complains, but he a man (real man, very strong man :adore:), mans don't complains about anything. So, C&E asking Horatio why he still don't fired Ryan and H told them everything. They both feel so bad for their first reaction. And then come to him and apologize. I don't why i see it that way, maybe cuz i ficwriter :p

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

FallenForFlack- Thank you very much for the caps. So many caps, so little time!
    I think Ryan must wear purple when he has to do something dodgy. He wore purple with the whole H murder thing. Now the team should start questioning him as soo as he puts that shirt and tie on!

The fish wasn't that bad. The way you were all going on about it I expected something ultra-hideous.

Holly- I agree about the review. I was reading it thinking how can someone not feel any sympathy for Ryan. Especially when a child was involved. So he should have told the team early on- we all react differently under pressure and he did what he thought he had to to save Billy's life.
    I agree that the team should have noticed something was wrong. They are meant to be observant CSI's afterall.

I hope it isn't completely forgotten next epi, and that Cal and Eric do find out what happened, and know why he tampered with evidence- otherwise they will never trust him again.

7. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I was hoping there would be some investigation or something. Like Ryan would have needed to have the kidnappings and blackmail processed so he could be cleared. But no such luck =( I don't know if they'll hint at it later, probably not.

If there isn't fallout, I'll be outraged. The least they can do is have E/C find out about what happened to Ryan and they come to an understanding. =/ I'm kinda tired of Ryan constantly being at odds with his team mates.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think it's kinda funny that no one has mentioned that Horatio, the team leader, also went along with this plan & chose not to inform Eric or Calleigh immediatly either! If Ryan is so wrong (which I don't believe he is) then isn't Horatio just as wrong for not speaking up or immediatly getting the right clues back to the original case?!!

This is how I see it. When anyone-- a child, adult, or whoever, is being held hostage & there's a threat, then you have to be very careful who you speak too. One small mistake or leak could've blown what Ryan was trying to do (save Billy) & the Mafia would've killed him on the spot. There is a lot at risk, & I'm sorry, but personally, had Ryan chose his job over a kid's life THEN I would be looking at him with disrespect.

It's a little like Horatio's "fake death" in 'Resurrection'. He had Ryan come in to help & kept it hidden from the rest of the team - he had them running circles just as much (for a while anyway) but it was for a specific reason, & I'm sure one of those reasons was because letting out TOO MUCH information could ruin the entire plan.

That's what I think Ryan was facing in this situation. I do certainly think he should've at least gone to H first, but I can absolutly understand why he would've feared that letting out this information (to anyone) could easily have caused this little boy his life.

What most people may not be thinking about is the fact that his "secret" was not out of selfishness - he was doing all of it for the sake of someone else , no matter what consequences he had to face with his own job & career --personally I think that makes him quite the hero.

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Opinions are opinions, I don't think brining negativity into the thread is a great way to spend our time discussing Jon/Ryan. But that is just my opinion. :)

I think Ryan did what he had to do, he was protecting more than just Billy as the entires team was under the spotlight. In reality someone who does that should be considered a hero, but if his own co-workers want to cut him down then they did not respect him as much as they claimed to. And that is their loss, at least H stepped up, asked what was wrong, and did his best to help without compromising Ryan's involvement.

10. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I totally agree with you. H listen Ryans explanation and agree with this plan. He wasn't mad at him or disappointed at all. Like i see this, i can be wrong, cuz i watch on English and not everything understand. But if Horatio thought that Ryan was wrong he say to him or call IAB (like he did in Burned, Ryans lie broke his heart, he was so disappointed at him), but he didn't.
    Ryan was right not telling anyone, you saw this crazy russian guy, he was mad at Ryan without reason. How Ryan can help him if he didn't know that russian guy have more people involved in case? It show us how unstable this kidnapper was. If Ryan tell H and for some reason kidnapper suspect something, nor Ryan, nor H can't safe Billys life. One shot and bad end for this story.
    IMO, it was luck that Billy stay alive, this russian guy was so unstable, with many possibilitys to play this story, it was luck.

11. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I wasn't being negative, I was just expressing my opinion of the review.

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think we can all agree that Jon was great in the episode. It's been one of the best so far for me this season. I hope the season finale will be wonderful, and I hope next season will be a really outstanding for Jon/Ryan!

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think Ryan didn't tell Cal and Eric the truth because he feared for not only Billy's safety, but those of his co-workers' as well. That seemed VERY clear to me. It's a shame if everyone can't see that. Hopefully though, once Cal and Eric find out the truth, they will realize that Ryan was only trying to protect them (and Billy) and they'll be grateful to him for that. He did that knowing it could potentially cause him problems, but he didn't care about himself. Everything he did, he did to protect others. That to me is very heroic and as far as I'm concerned, he should get a medal for it! A medal of bravery among other things. Going up against the freaking MAFIA (I mean, we're not talking about your average every day run of the mill kidnapper/killer here) is a very scary thing and I'm sure it wasn't easy and the decisions Ryan made were not easy and he grappled with them from the very beginning. I find it to be a compliment to his character that he never gave in to the kidnapper's demands until Billy was threatened. Even after seeing those nasty pliers (which would have been enough for me, honestly lol) Ryan still told the guy he'd never do what he wanted. :gives Ryan applause and a standing ovation:

Totally agree. Hopefully his co-workers will understand. Horatio sure seemed to. But then again, Horatio doesn't exactly play by all the rules either. :lol: I mean we're talking about a man who went to Rio on a revenge seeking hunt (as well as Eric). Which, I don't particularly blame him for, but what Ryan did IMHO is tame in comparrison. :lol:

Remember Ryan saying in Burned "everything I did, I did to protect everyone in this lab"? Well, I think the same goes for this episode. Everything he did, he did to protect his teammates and Billy. If he'd refused, the kidnapper would have killed Billy and then would have gone after maybe Mark or Ryan's uncle/neice/sibling(s)/parents, etc... or maybe he would have started with the team after Mark. So, Ryan really was protecting them all.

Hopefully once Eric and Cal find out what Ryan had to endure (probably for hours), they'll understand that he was under an enormous amount of pressure and stress... and he probably didn't have his mind completely clear either. I know I'd be a complete mess after being taped to a chair, choked with a string (or whatever that was around his neck), punched in the face and stomach, stabbed in the arm/chest and then had my tooth yanked out viciously with a pair of plier that looked rusted and probably weren't very sterile at all and then had someone I cared about (especially a small child) threatened. I wouldn't know which way was up. :lol:

That's the kind of stuff I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (no matter how much said enemy had LIED to me, cheated on me, treated me badly, etc). There are only two kinds of people I would wish that on, people who kill/hurt little kids and people who kill/hurt/torture innocent animals. Other than that, NO ONE deserves to go through that (not even the guy(s) who broke my heart lol).

Did anyone else wonder throughout the episode how many other people that guy had tortured that way (or worse)? :lol: I found myself wondering that through the entire episode. I feel sorry for anyone who had to go through that, no matter what they'd done in life (barring those two exceptions I listed in the paragraph above).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  14. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Nowhere did I say you were being negative, I said bringing it in was not positive.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I find it silly of me now to have been so nervous about the episode. As bad as those torture scenes sounded, they didn't really look as bad as I feared. Though what happened to him was still horrible. Everyone keeps talking about the sound of the tooth being pulled. All I could hear was Ryan's screaming... which was for me the worst part of it. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.