Ryan/Jon #22 - Our Favourite Dust Monkey

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by addictedtoSpeed, Mar 30, 2009.

?

What should the new thread be titled?

Poll closed Apr 5, 2009.
  1. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. All In the Accent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Incredible Shrinking T-Shirt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Get the Full Togo Experience Here

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. He's a Superhero in Training

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Just Take The Shirt Off Already!

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Waiting for the Comeback of the Purple Tee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Wolfe's Den

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  9. Dreaming of Wolfe Shirtless

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. Wolfe Gang

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  11. Our Favorite Dust Monkey

19 vote(s)
    45.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I guess I'm gonna have to be the downer here. Sorry :p I wouldn't want to see Ryan gain custody of Billy. I like his interaction with kids, he does very well, but those kind of stories tend to tie the character down to something major, & there's so much I'd love for TPTB to explore with Ryan.
    First off, I'd want to meet a family member - Uncle Ron, his Mom or Dad, sibling - Grandpa freakin' Joe - I don't care, just someone who allows us to see more of Ryan's background & upbringing.

Jumping into the future, I would really like to see him with a girlfriend....preferably someone who is not his co-worker!! Nothing too serious -- a small arc spread through about 5 episodes -- maybe someone he just starts to really fall for & then she ends up a nut connected to a case or something. It's not that I would want to see him hurt or anything, but all I really want is a smidge here & there of some "love action" for him - we haven't really got to see that side of him....& I hardly count the Erika storyline. ;)
    They always give him these arcs that surround his career, which is ok, but they could easily combine it with a family member or love interest to give off a more personal side.

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^ No downer,you have valid points.We have yet to meet anyone from his family.A personal arc would be nice to see.
    I agree on having a girlfriend that is not a co-worker,don't want her to be nuts though. Something always seems to be wrong with the characters love interest on all 3 CSI's.They could be different for once and have someone normal and sane.

3. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I wanna girlfriend storyline too! We saw his love interest just once, when he asked Natalia about date. We need more! Not with Natalia, with someone out of lab. And can help him, give him advice :)

Interesting to meet Uncle Ron, safe-cracker who locked himself on roof :lol:

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree, Uncle Ron needs to visit soon as psycho-Ron (saris) is history. For having two Rons on the show would be confusing. :lol:

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

[
    I personally don't think we'll see Mark and Billy again. Outside of Ryan getting custody of Billy (which I can't see the writers doing--they have already gone down that road with H and Kyle), not sure where else they could do with them. I too would rather to be introduced to a Ryan family member, just to see if we could get more insight how he was raised, where he is from, etc.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I don't either. They seemed to put closure on the situation pretty well. I'm sure the Russians will out for the next "victim/opening" anyway.

It's probably best this way - next season they can bring on something new for him like the family stuff.

Sadly, Uncle Ron was just a mere mention & probably forgotten by TPTB :rolleyes: I'd rather have a female family member (it's sweeter) come along, like a sister or his Mom - a good "sibling" story like Flack/Sam & Eric/Marisol would be good. :)

7. GregNickRyanFan

That's exactly why I can see them giving Ryan a kid somehow. Not necessarily a biological one. But, they seem to do a lot of H/Ry parallels on this show.

8. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I want to see this Uncle Ron so much. I'd like to see any of Ryan's family, actually. But Uncle Ron seems like a fun fella.

9. GregNickRyanFan

True, he does sound fun and funny. A lockpicker who locked himself on a roof? That's just absolutley hilarious to me.

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

That's for sure. Ryan is like a mini-H. :hugegrin: I like it though, he's H without being too super hero H.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Hopefully H and Ryan aren't so closely paralled that some woman shows up with Ryan's kid in a few years.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok I haven't been here in these days b/c of RL & since I'm going on Holiday for a few days I just wanted to leave you w/ a pic I just found.

I'm sure 100% it's a behind the scene pic from "WISC" or "Target Specific" (it's the same considering the pic)
    [​IMG]
    Have fun w/ this & Happy Easter (if you have Holidays b/c of it. In Italy it's time for a little bit of holiday :lol:)

13. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Florry86, someone post this pic before, but it was smaler. Thank you!
    Happy Easter!

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ups :alienblush:. I didn't see it, sorry .

Well, at least, you can see it better.:p

Bye Bye & have fun. Once I'm back I want to find tons of pics :drool:
    (Orla, thanks :D)

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Thankyou Florry! Have a great Easter. That goes for everyone!

I agree about Ryan being a mini-H. One of my favourite pics is on the back of one of the season 3 DVDs, with H and Ryan both looking at evidence on a table. H has a black shirt with grey stripes and Ryan a white shirt with green stripes on. And it looks like Ryan is copying H's style. I find it a cute pic anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.