Ryan/Jon #22 - Our Favourite Dust Monkey

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by addictedtoSpeed, Mar 30, 2009.

?

What should the new thread be titled?

Poll closed Apr 5, 2009.
  1. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. All In the Accent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Incredible Shrinking T-Shirt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Get the Full Togo Experience Here

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. He's a Superhero in Training

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Just Take The Shirt Off Already!

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Waiting for the Comeback of the Purple Tee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Wolfe's Den

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  9. Dreaming of Wolfe Shirtless

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. Wolfe Gang

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  11. Our Favorite Dust Monkey

19 vote(s)
    45.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Re: Ryan/Jon #22

Ryan is one tough cookie. As I wrote in my ranty blog earlier, the situation was extremely sensetive, any other person could/would have messed it up easily by trying to get help or telling too many people, or whatever. Ryan had the clarity and skill to use whatever wiggle room he had to rig the case (so he could undo the damage) and in the end, Billy was safe, the bad guy lost, and E/C caught their real killers.

Just on another note, I loved Ryan in Resurrection, just because I think that's when I became a 100% fan. his pissed off face was so amazing:
    http://i44.tinypic.com/2eg7go8.jpg

And from 7.20. Billy hug, awwwwww <333
    http://i41.tinypic.com/huiz47.jpg

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I love the Billy hug,I wish we could have both their faces in that shot.
    I've been a fan of Ryan's from the first episode he apperared in. Up until that time,while I enjoyed the show ,I had no favorite as far as the characters. It only took a few episodes before Ryan became my favorite.
    I agree with your take on Monday's episode too.

3. Wasabi Power

Billy is so cute! Ryan needs to like, babysit more often. I want to see the fatherly side of him. He always seemed to be good with kids :)

I was a Greg from CSI:LV fan first and a Ryan from CSI: Miami fan second, but as things dulled out over at LV I started getting more involved with Miami. "Resurrection" really made me notice more of the acting quality Mr. Togo has, and then I went back and watched whatever Ryan episodes I'd missed, and I was sold. I'm still a Greg fan, but LV just doesn't engage me as much as it used to anymore in terms of Greg-ness. So now I'm kind of a Ryan fan first, Greg fan second. :lol: That's my story.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Same here,I'm a Greg fan too.I still catch LV on a regular basis.
    Just returned from CBS,voted on their Ryan poll.I voted I loved him of course(but some don't:wtf:)

5. Wasabi Power

Some people who don't like him are still pissed Speed died. Which isn't really Ryan's fault...=/

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

YOu know, I was thinking about what some of you said about the cbs forums and people raking Ryan over the coals. What I think is maybe they were determined to hate the character (probably because of him "replacing" Speed) and so they can't admit it when he does something right or something wrong for the right reasons. Therefore, they only pick up on the negative parts of what he did and ignore the why (which was noble, protecting an innocent child is always noble). It was an unfortunate situation for anyone to be put in. Under normal circumstances what he did would have been wrong, under his extenuating circumstances it was 100% right. There was only a tiny amount of wiggle room. The only person Ryan told the truth to was Mark and then Mark spilled most of it to Horatio and Ryan just filled in the blanks. I'm sure the kidnapper told Ryan not to tell his colleagues or anyone in law enforcement what was going on (which was why he had to lie to E/C. You could tell it was killing him to lie to Calleigh especially though). But, the kidnapper probably didn't say "don't tell Mark". :lol:

The Ryan/Billy hug was the cutest thing ever. The way he hugged him with one hand on the top of his head and the other around his shoulders was very Dad-like. On this week's ep of Bones, Cam's ex-fiance was killed and she'd been over ten years earlier engaged to him for two years, but he cheated on her so she left. He had a daughter and Cam was basically like a mother to the girl (her real mom had died when she was tiny) for those two years. At the end of the episode Cam told the girl she wanted her to come live with her. I'm hoping for something like that with Ryan/Billy. If something were to happen to Mark, I'd like for Ryan to take Billy in and raise him. It would further go with their whole Horatio/Ryan parallel thing they've been doing lately. :lol:

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You are right about the CBS crowd,a very few could see what Ryan was doing.I'm really going to try to stop going over there. I think I go there because I had heard that perhaps TPTB look at the posts there,so I look to see what's there.
    Ryan and Billy are really adorable together. It looks as if Mark and Billy have left again,so we probably won't have any more interaction between Ryan and Billy unless something happens to Mark and Billy is sent back to Ryan.
    This has probably been asked before,but what does everyone want to see for Ryan's character in the up coming season?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  8. GregNickRyanFan

I wish we'd gotten to hear Billy call Ryan "Uncle Ryan". That would have been so cute.

9. Wasabi Power

I don't think the people at CBS even watched the episode, to be honest. They seem to be void of everything except 'Ryan sucks!' Which means that they can't be taken seriously. Therefore I just :lol: at them.

I'd like to see Ryan change in some way, relative to his ordeal in 7.20. (character development, fall out, please?)

I'd also like to see Ryan hang out with Dave and Natalia. Just for like, one split second. Or maybe a reference to it, like "Oh I was at a cafe with Dave and Nat." Just a personal thing I would like, probably because I'd like to see Ryan have solid friends that he isn't always on edge with.

Explination from 7.20. Someone please explain to E/C in some way what happened with Ryan.

Ryan with tee. On or off.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I would think there would be some change in Ryan,people tend to become reflective after an ordeal. They think of making changes,ways to better themselves,etc.I would like to see that with Ryan.
    I too would like to see a hint of friendship with others. It wouldn't take much,like you said, just a mention of something.
    Perhaps there could also be a mention of if Ryan ever finished his masters degree,I've always been curious.
    Of course I want others to know what happened with Ryan and what he went through.

11. GregNickRyanFan

:starts singing The Donna's "Take It Off": :lol:

12. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I completely agree. And maybe a story arc where Ryan is the hero, instead of always in trouble and saving the day instead of being saved.

I have always enjoyed the interaction between Ryan and Natalia. They are both outsiders (her being the mole and him again always seeming to be in trouble). Natalie seems to stick up for him more than anyone else. KEEP THEM AS FRIENDS!! And Dave seems very cool.

Yes please and as soon as possible. They all need to work together and Ryan is a good cop and good guy.

Off, off and more off!:lol:

13. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I liked the idea of listing our favorite Ryan Wolfe episodes and here are mine (in no particular order:

Under the Influence: Ryan's first appearance. He proves Calleigh's dad didn't run over someone and cements their relationship.

Curse of the Coffin: A funny episode. Ryan: "I hate this case".

Sunblock: Ryan gets his job back.

Resurrection: The relief I felt when Ryan was just helping H out and giving as good as he was getting with Calleigh and Eric.

And of course..Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing: Jonathan Togo's wonderful acting, although I NEED CLOSURE.

14. csi_justine

csi_justine Witness

don't forget Chain Reaction where Ryan ask if Frank needs help reading and Frank called him his personal dust monkey:lol:

15. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I have too many fav Ryan eps. But i try write my especially favorite eps in every season.

Season 3:
    Under the Influence and Legal: damn he looks so good in patrol uniform and so sweet, and OCD. I laugh so hard when he ask Calleigh put her hand in her pockets and then she forgot:

Ryan: Err... your hands.
    Calleigh: I'm ten feet away.
    Ryan: Eight and a half. :guffaw:

Legal had many nice quotes and CaRWash interaction that always good :thumbsup: And we know that he have parents, they leave him lawn mower and probably disappear after that.

Season 4:
    Three-Way, i love when he joking and Eric being mad :devil:
    Nailed, before Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing it was my #1 favorite ep. We heard him over translation when he scream - "I got to pull it out!". I hate russian translation, he don't put any emotions in it, translate it so calm :evil: But Jon was amazing in this ep, he was in pain, he joking and Alexx was there with him. She was the only one who visit him. And she call him tough guy, she is so right! (*cries* Bring Alexx back, someone should protect Ryan from EC madness).
    One of Our Own, he was in t-shirt and this always good. He was so HOT in scene with Cooper (Go Ryan!). He was the one who save lab from feds (he find key evidence).

Season 5:
    Curse Of The Coffin, he was hilarious! So scared and i love scene on graveyard, he and Eric was so scared! :guffaw: Both of them! And then "I hate this case" :lol:
    Darkroom, he don't like Nat in beginning this season, but in this ep he was so worry about her and her sister. And he gave her support, i like this Ryan side! :adore:

Season 6:
    Cyber-lebrity, Ryan can be my bodyguard any time :drool: And he was so sweet with Candace, i think she look at him like old brother.
    Chain Reaction, Ryan and Frank ineraction, should i say more?
    Season 6 was big disappointed for me as Ryan fan :(

Season 7:
    I love his emotions in Resurrection, jokes in Won't Get Fueled Again and Wrecking Crew. But #1 for me is Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing! Amazing Jon action! I love when Ryan show his emotions! I feel that it would be my #1 fav ep long time!

Sorry for long post :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.