"Miscarriage Of Justice" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 16, 2009.

1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I don't understand what you're saying.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Never said I did.:)

I'm referring to the split that TPTB including Jorja Fox have said about half the fans who want GSR and half who don't.

3. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

Yeah, I'm one of the ones who did not. It's just not that kind of show. I don't watch crime dramas to see a soap opera. I watch soap operas to see soap operas. ;) Romantic relationships don't belong in this type of show, imo. :eek:

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well you can have them, just in a way that's not deviating away from other characters and storylines. Just a little joke or a flirt there doesnt' hurt.

Like Hodges and Wendy. I never found their flirting took away from the show, but GSR did because it involved the lead character. But that should never be the case.

The show is a crime show and that should take precedent but sadly GSR took away from that.

So the team scene in the end states that we are ready to move on to bigger and better things.

And I gotta say I really like how Catherine takes the team out and socialize. Grissom coudn't be bothered to do that because he was so anti-social. I think she is proving to be a fantastic supervisor.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

There's one thing here that really hasn't been discussed. We know that Humphries was going to commit suicide. He came in through a door just past the security area, so I'm guessing that he figured he'd at least get into the courtroom before being stopped. So I'm wondering what he was thinking of doing once he got in the courtroom. Would he just walk in, say 'I'm sorry, it was me' and blow his brains out in front of the Congressman. Would he kill the Congressman first, then himself? He only had a handgun, so he wouldn't be shooting everyone in there.

I see from some of the caps that it looks like there is a Bailiff up in front of the court (which is puzzling why he wouldn't have rushed to the door with Cath), so he probably would have taken out Humphries if he shot at someone.

On another note, I just remembered that the scene with Greg processing the closet (with the silent 'baby shark') and the wife comes in and starts berating Greg, it reminded me of when Mrs James gave Greg an earful when she came barging into the lab and spouting off at him. This time, Greg looked much cooler under pressure.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

He did seem less rattled, but still had that "are you kidding me? Not this again!" look on his face. :lol:

7. ejacksonian

ejacksonian Hit and Run

I agree, but at least it's not the Blue Tint of Death that they had CSI going on for a while. That sucked.

8. GregNickRyanFan

I noticed the blue thing in Seasons 5 and 6 while I was making caps. :lol:

9. firehawk12

firehawk12 Victim

I think I missed something - why did Humphries kill himself and write the confession?

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Greg has to be one of the most calm people on that show when it comes to dealing with people. Even with Mrs. James his anger was not near as bad as most of the others on the show. Riley and Ray...their levels are yet to be determined.

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Just untacking please feel free to continue the discussion. ;)

12. GregNickRyanFan

I wonder if Greg lets his anger/frustrations out some other way that they don't let us see on screen and that's why he's able to stay so calm. Well, actually he did say in a Season 6 ep that he'd been going to the gym and taking some kind of kickboxing class or something, so maybe that's how he vents. :lol:

13. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

^Hmm good point. I still wonder about that line to the husband in 'Deep Fried and Minty Fresh,' that "there's not enough booze in this town to make you forget murder." Makes me think that that's the way he's been coping, at least since the beating and Demetrius James' death.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think Greg just has a thicker skin and is more jaded now as he's seen the worst of the worst.

He found a dead kid in a container. He's been beaten nearly to death and then accused of homicide (I think that's what happened-correct me) by some politically correct jury, he's been sued and thankfully it was settled.

So that pretty much has toughened the guy up. He's not the same happy-go-lucky Greg he was nine years ago. He's seen so much nasty stuff and horrible people, well he's coped the best way he could.

15. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

Yeah - Greg is the man!!! :adore: :drool: