"Freaks & Geeks" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 29, 2011.

1. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

I watched it last night, that was good, except that needles creeped me out, Im not so fond of needles because of my bad experience with it from my childhood past, yeah long story I rather not to mention about it. It was quite bit awkward when Catherine tells DB about her past and her romance problems. I was so surprised when Nick called Brass "Jimbo", I'm like when did Nick get so chummy with Brass?

2. Poirot

Poirot Victim

Man, from the beginning of the episode I figured that the sister would be the killer. I mean they didn't even change the method of the death, although the choice of poison is obviously different

Very recycled episode

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

TBH, I thought it lacked something; not the least of which was JORJA. Or the quirky fascination Grissom had with 'alternate' lifestyles.
    Still, CSI has been known for delving into the more weird and obscure subcultures of society; yet, unlike previous ones, this episode fell flat for me. Maybe it needed a little more levity. Or, if they were going more for the serious drama, maybe they should have had more exposition on neurofibromatosis and Proteus Syndrome.

Just not a great episode, IMO. Kind of boring, actually. And, like others here, I solved the mystery pretty quickly. I didn't think for a moment that the niece could have done it, unless she were some type of Hannah psychopath. IDK, maybe that would have made it more interesting.

I'll give it a C+; Greg did look good in his sportcoat and dark dress shirt. :)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  4. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

Greg did look good, very good! :)

I though DB's sharing of how he met his wife was lovely, and his 'wow, we gotta learn how to do that' to Nick when the guy ate the paperclip was hilarious! I really like DB and think he is exactly what CSI needed to make the show fresh again.

Can already see Catherine's disillusionment with the job and her life peeking through, I'm looking forward to seeing how they work her exit in.

5. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well personally, the episode didn't really hold my interest, so I am not going to comment to much on it. They all did well in the acting department and certain parts did seem interesting enough, but I agree with what some mentioned earlier...I also didn't think the case was strong enough, especially to carry over the entire episode. But hey, to each their own.

And of course, I was pleased to see Hodges back :p and I'm still liking DB.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

The scene with Hodges and Nick was good. :lol: Harkened back to the old days. I'll grab you some caps if someone didn't already do it. :)

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Did anyone try to translate what he said to Nick at the end of that scene? I was going to look it up but I forgot about it, and I didn't dvr the episode.

8. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I was reading your post and had to chuckle. The quote you attributed to me was actually made by Crumbs, and I hate to steal his thunder. Not to mention, I wasn't even quick enough to think of the similarities to Abra Cadaver before he did :lol:

I'm still loving D.B. too. Ted Danson can definitely do drama! And for anyone thinking that a Cheers actor can't do drama, I've seen some previews of Kelsey Grammar's new show, and it seems pretty intense! They're two actors who were both pigeon-holed into comedy regardless of their acting abilities.

9. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

There's a 'famous last words' quote attributed to many different actors and playwrights:
    "Dying is easy. Comedy is hard." :)
    LaSquisita

10. electra

electra Pathologist

Nice one.I have always liked cases like this one.And it got a nice message at the end.Catherine getting well deserved sceentime,is fine by me becouse she rocks as usual.She and DB are so good together that a part of me wants her to stay.

11. Liv89

Liv89 Dead on Arrival

I have to say this episode wasnt great. As with all the episodes this season there is a general lack of forensics - what happened to all the bagging and tagging, finding fibres, using ALS etc that we used to see? I watched the first epsiode of season 6 last night and the contrast between season 6 and 12 is huge - season 6 actually seems like its about forensics/crime scene investigation, whereas season 12 doesnt. The i also hate the lack of sara, i dont mind her being absent from a couple of episodes but bittersweet is the only epsiode this season where we have really seen sara, even if she only has a few lines we really need to see some of sara's character shining through. Moreover having watched a season 6 episode i noticed there is a distinct lack of brass (and other cops) this season.

12. Smokey

Scheduled to repeat Wednesday, March 29. :)

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Probably one of my least favorites of the season but it wasn't really terrible

14. Smokey

I couldn't remember much about it...in fact I had to check to see if it was even from this season. :lol: Then I went back to read my posts from the first airing to see if it was worth watching again. That's...kind of sad, actually.

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I can't wait. This one is practically new to me. :lol: My winter weather was in October when this one originally aired. I'm excited to be seeing it on the tv screen instead of on CBS's website (4 days later!). :lol:

Susan