Horatio & Yelina Thread #4 ~The Romantic Real Deal~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Re: Horatio & Yelina #4 ~'The Romantic Real Deal'~

Lovely lyrics and pic Pusher. I wish H would wear a blue shirt again! :D

Have a nice weekend too. :)

2. goreshi

goreshi Rookie

I miss Yelina...I didn't like s4 that much because Horatio was paired to Marisol (....), but when I heard Yelina will be back for season 5..whee!!!! I just hope she'll stay for the whole season.....

3. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Welcome goreshi! :D We are all hoping for the same thing too.

Thanks Pusher for letting me know about the e-mail! For any wondering, I noticed that over at Sofia's official site, they have Pusher's banner on display! We don't know how it got there so we thought we would ask. Is there a spy in the camp? :lol:

4. Caramelchan

Caramelchan Police Officer

Ooh so even the actors agree with us on the whole "Horatio and Yelina should be together forever and always" thing if they have that banner! :D

5. Lucy

:lol: Well, that's certainly one way of looking at it! They just need to convince Ann Donahue. :D

6. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Hehe. Someone is 'leaking' banners to Sofia's site! It's great that they've decided to use it over there. They appreciate it which is good to know. :)

7. goreshi

goreshi Rookie

thanks lucy....its good that they listen to us ... and they had to convince Ann Donahue...then they'll have a better plot..

8. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

Always nice to see a new poster here goreshi. Welcome! :D

I noticed Pusher's banner at Sofia's site too and assumed she sent it to them but evidently not! That's a lovely picture on the previous page btw. :)

*Patiently waits for more Yelina/Horatio/Ray/Ray Jnr spoilers*

9. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Hey Swany good to see ya pop in now and again. Welcome to all new folks the thread. Thanks for the lovely fic update schelle; much appreciated. :)

Belated thanks for the kind comments inge, Luce and Pusher. Been under the weather for the better part of two weeks so no energy to do much posting aside from that one burst of righteousness (er, fueled in part by anti-cough meds)on Y's behalf. Hee. Too much of S1-S3 H-factor influencing me I reckon.

Brilliant lyrics and pics, Luce and pusher. I'm with you MD on H's blue shirt and black suit combo. A yummy puppy goodness which so needs to be bottled. :D

So our dear and very own Pusher's outstanding banner is on display at Sofia's site, eh? Wonderful PR not just for H/Y but hopefully for this thread too. I was telling Luce that the 2 writers, Ted & Terry, for the Pirates of the Carribbean (POTC) movies 1 and 2, actively and openly interact with Board members belonging to Disney's official website for POTC:DMC. T&T not only discuss just about all angles and nuances involving plot devices, storylines, character development and subtext references but also willingly and enthusiastically engage in commenting on members posts, theories and feedback. How bloody amazing and great is that?!

Now if only Miami's tptb would get a clue and take a similar approach.

10. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

I was just at Sofia's site the other day and saw Pusher's banner and I was like, 'Hmm, that looks SO familiar.' I didn't realize where I'd seen it until I signed back on here.

And Tally I would so love for the Miami writers to adopt that angle and get with it. Making the characters actual pirates would actually be an upstep from s4! :lol:

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Right. It is I, co-moderator of Shipper Central. I'm here to remind everyone to go read TBonz's It's Me Again post, acknowledge the rules and sign it. Please do so as quickly as possible. If you have already done so, thank you for your co-operation. :)

I would also like to say the following, in addition to TBonz's post.

In regards to mod notification, please do so only when it is absolutely necessary and you are absolutely sure that the post is flaming in nature, spam or was made by a troll. If you're not sure ... that's what the board rules are there for. One or two notifications are more than enough to alert us to any situations that need our moderating. And no, sending us dozens of them in one go will not make us respond faster or 'help' us with our job. In fact, it's friggin' irritating to have our mailboxes clogged with spammy notifications. Be patient for us to respond. We moderators have a life outside of this board, and we can't be here 24/7. However, we always endeavor to reply and check things out as soon as we can.

About spammy posts. We mods have noticed that spam-like posts have been increasing lately. While we understand that the boards can get slow with no new episodes on air yet, please refrain from constantly posting one-liners. Especially, those that have nothing to do with the 'ship or current discussion. If possible, use PMs rather than clogging up the thread. No one enjoys browsing through a thread full of irrelevant posts, eh?

And lastly ... this is pure common sense. If you know that you'll be uncomfortable or annoyed about characters in your favorite ship being shipped with other characters you might not like, DON'T GO AND READ THEIR SHIP THREADS. You only have yourself to blame if you end up upset with other shippers not liking your ship. There's a very good reason why each ship has their own thread. Think about that.

That's all from me. For now. :cool:

12. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

*Flies back in*

Thanks Tally. I hope you feel better soon. :)

That's amazing that the writers of POTC interact with the fans like that. As Hummer said, if only Ann D and co would do the same. They would certainly learn a thing or two and it's not as if it's all been bad. The Season 1-3 goodness is still highly praiseworthy. It's just S4 and the decision to be Yelina-less for a season that were such errors of judgement. I think if Ann D took more notice of how the fans feel, Miami wouldn't have fallen into it's current state.

13. Lucy

Great to see you again Swan. :D

When listening to Ann D interviews, she seems very hell bent on doing things her way. According to an interview on this site back in April, she never looks at the Internet. I honestly think she has little to no idea about what the discerning fans think of Season 4. That's one reason I was so glad that Hummer received a response when she wrote to Ann D. At least she has read Hummer's thoughts! ;)
    What a lovely description Tally of the H that we know, love and hope to see again in Season 5! :)

14. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Welcome back Swan! :) Like Luce just said too, Ann D really just does things her way it seems. I've never felt she cares too much about angering the fans. She once said something about not wanting to bore the fans - even if she angers and confuses them, as long as she doesn't bore them on screen. I'm sure it's on one of the dvd extras. Thing is, Season 4 was boring too. Very boring indeed!

Tally, hope you feel better soon and I also loved your comment about the blue shirt pic! :D

I'm so impressed that the POTC writers do that. I would love Ann D to join us in here for a chat (if only!). Many of us liked what she was doing with Miami prior to Season 4, so we just need to ask her to get back to writing the good stuff - with Yelina very much part of the show's future.

15. Lucy

I remember that too MD, Ann D did say that about not boring the audience on the Season 2 dvd extras. Season 4 was positively sleep invoking for the most part. Time for a rethink Ann. ;)

...and please give H some blue shirts to wear again! :D

He's watching her.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From the wonderful 'Hurricane Anthony', recent winner of Miami's Ultimate Episode in the Miami Forum. ;) You can really tell that H is struggling with his emotions here, just as he does in the final scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.