Emily/Calleigh #11 :The Divine Miss Em

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

YAY New Thread!! :D

Ok so I don't know if anyone read's Ausiello's "Blind Item" riddles over at EW.com but he just posted an interesting one today, which IMO, relates to this show and our fantastic girl Emily

Everybody have a tissue handy? If not, grab one, 'cause it's time for another blind item, and this one's so juicy you should already be drooling.
    It seems the star of a certain hit series has, to quote my mole, "a lot of rules" about the conditions under which he will work. None of his castmates like this -- it's diva antics, of course -- but only the show's female lead has the clout to say she won't put up with it. As a result, the two have gone from acting in few scenes together to acting in none whatsoever. (In fact, despite a story arc that would have made it nearly impossible for their characters to logically avoid one another, so far this season, they haven't crossed paths once.)
    So, guesses as to the identities of the Mr. Big whose Method is so maddening and the one costar with the stones to rock the boat? I'll give you one more hint, then you're on your own: The show has, I hear, "already lost one actress" at least in part due to conflicts over Mr. Man and his master thespian baggage. Your turn. Who are the players in this frosty backstage drama?

What do you guys think?

2. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

If that is indeed our cast, then all I have to say is "Kudos! Speak your mind, girlfriend."

3. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

I'd heard something about this topic before. I've looked for them in scenes together this season and haven't seen any. If it is her, I say get 'em girl! I hope it doesn't get to the point where she'd leave. I'd be devastated!

4. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

What's this about, I'm mixed up. Is he talking about Eric?

5. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

No, it'd be David.

6. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I hope it doesn't get to the point where somebody leaves, but to be honest, if something like that happened, I would miss Emily much more then David...

7. the_bullet_girl

the_bullet_girl Hit and Run

It's not seriously David is it?! Emily always speaks so highly of him and how she loves him and his dry humour! :wtf:

8. Callacrap

Callacrap Rookie

I'd be surprised to hear that David and Emily falling out is true, if it is then surely working together for 7 years wouldn't have worked very well and she'd have spoken out long before now! And like the_bullet_girl says, she always speaks so highly of David!
    And also in the quote, they said that another female had been lost due to this - are they referring to Kim Delaney? Coz I thought she left coz the writers didn't like the chemistry, unless thats what TPTB said to it cover up...

9. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

OH! Now I get what's going on. Man I had no idea this type of thing is going on. Did you guys? It was was like top secret a while now. Until the link was posted and everybody found out.

10. delkolover

I think the fact that there might actually be a conflict is what is new. As for the evidence that they never share a seen together, well people have been pointing that one out for a while now. And those people have had their suspicions from the get go that something was not right.

I just give TPTB credit for not parting ways with either party but instead deciding to work around the conflict and still be able to give both parties equal screen time. It goes to show you that Emily is committed to the show and that TPTB are committed to keeping her and her character around.

To be honest, I could care less if they don't share any screen time together. Obviously TPTB and those involved didn't want to make a big deal out of the situation and therefore this compromise ,if you will, is the result. Works out for me b/c I am not a huge fan of DC and he is definately not the reason I watch this show so the fact that they share no screen time at all does not affect how I watch or view this show.

What will affect how I watch and view this show is if Emily were to ever leave and it were to come out that it was b/c of this conflict. CBS would definately be getting some nasty notes then! ;)

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Posted this in the Spoiler Lab but I thought it best to post here as well:

Thanks. :)

12. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

To be honest i couldnt care less if they're not any scenes of the two of them together either, it doesnt make the show any different for me, i didnt really notice it until Ausiello pointed it out. And i had no idea David Caruso was like that :wtf:and Emily always says how funny he is, so i doubt that was has been said it true... And Emily is definatly commited to this show, i know for a fact that if she left a lot of people would stop watchin the show... i just dont think it would be the same. All i can say is i just hope what was said isnt true :(

13. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

You know I think someone brought up that he was like that in NYPD, and I think there's a pattern in his work. Like there was always something wrong and his movies/shows weren't as successful. But when he came on CSI: Miami, the news was great and he was finally on top. But I guess the praise just got too much and he got used to it and started going his own way. Like I heard that he changed somethings in the script that he says; as is he says his OWN lines sometimes.

Uh Oh, I'm off topic. But this topic is so 'juicy' it's practically on every single thread now!

Emily, you go girl, don't let him get to you. Just do your thing with Adam and you'll be the new leader of the show! Oh wait, you are, from my point of view.

14. Callacrap

Callacrap Rookie

SECONDED!! :)

I'd miss Emily so much more in CSI Miami than I would Diva DC!

15. delkolover

OH I SOOOO THIRD THAT!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.