THE WELCOME WAGON: Welcome to General CSI Discussion!

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Let's keep discussion about the future of the franchise in the relevant thread. This is just a place to welcome new members and answer any questions they may have about the board. :)

2. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Here in the United States of America, it is Sunday Morning as I post this. I hope the administrators don't mind this. I want to wish all you CSI Fans, CSI Vegas, CSI Miami and CSI New York a Happy Easter and remember the one who made CSI all possible for us humans to enjoy, escape reality, and even teach us to follow the Law. Pray for Gary Sinise as he is healing from a recent car accident.

Peace
    Jimi

3. ken

ken Civilian

Hi, name is ken. I come from Ireland. Big fan of Las Vegas and Miami. Hate Ny.

4. Faylinn

Welcome to the forum, Ken.

5. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

Welcome, Ken!

6. ken

ken Civilian

Thank you

7. lanebaby

lanebaby Civilian

Hello everyone, My name is Elaine.. I started watching CSI LV a few weeks ago. Started from season 1, episode 1. I am now at the end of season 10 and I think I read somewhere that Marg Helgenberger is leaving the show? Is that correct?

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

She left in Season 12, which you haven't gotten to yet. Season 14 starts in September. Welcome to the boards, lanebaby. You might want to go to CSI Files and do a search for Marg's name. :)

9. Faylinn

Welcome to the board, lanebaby. :)

As mulder42 said, Marg left during season 12. There had been talk about her leaving for a while, but she stayed long enough to have a story arc focused on her exit. I don't want to spoil it for you, but here are a few of the relevant non-spoilery news articles about the situation:

Helgenberger Plans Her 'CSI' Exit - This one talks about Marg signing on for a smaller role during season 11, before she decided to stick around for part of season 12.

Helgenberger: I'm Ready For A New Chapter - In this one, Marg explains why she was ready to move on after being on the show for more than a decade.

Helgenberger Looks Forward To 'The Next Chapter' - Same as the above.

'CSI' Cast & Crew Say Goodbye To Helgenberger - I included this one because it's nice to see that the rest of the cast and crew were sad to see her go.

Finally, here are two articles that might be too spoilery for you, since they give a general idea of Catherine's fate: article one and article two.​

Fortunately, Marg will be back on CBS in January when Intelligence premieres at midseason--here's the CSI Files article with the 2013-2014 schedule (including a preview of her new show). :)

10. lanebaby

lanebaby Civilian

Thanks for the update and welcome

11. SzmandaLove81

SzmandaLove81 Civilian

Hi there everyone I'm Katie from the UK and I'm another newbie so I thought I'd say hi :) *waves* my favorite shows are CSI, (fave characters Greg so adorable, Nick, Sara and Morgan who oddly enough I wasn't too sure of at first but she's really grown on me) CSI Miami, X Files and Sons of Anarchy. I really look forward to hopefully joining in with some of the discussions with you :)

12. Faylinn

Welcome to the board, Katie! :) Have a look around, there are CSI and CSI: Miami forums with a ton of threads you can peruse - we're not as active as we used to be, but if you find a topic you'd like to discuss, hopefully there are other fans around to chat with you. :) We also have a General TV and Media forum farther down the main page, where you can discuss non-CSI shows. I'm not sure if there are threads for X Files or Sons of Anarchy, but if not, you can start one and see if there are fellow fans on the board. :)