Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Here is my review of this weeks CM aka episode titled "A Family Affair".

I was not thrilled that the unsub was once again clear before the opening credits. But, those were a complicated bunch. I guess they needed all the time they could get to explain them. Reid nailed it figuring out the wheel chair and that the unsub inherited his psychopathic tendencies from his mother. She was super creepy. It had a creepy vibe I haven't seen since "Mosley Lane" in season 5. Great case though.

I loved Hotch and Beth at the coffee shop. Hotch has really lightened up since she came into his life. It reminds me of the Hotch of season 1 and the way he was with Haley.

It was also cool that the girls made plans for a night out. I love that Reid offered to babysit Henry. I really wanted to see that. I love that the girls partied hard and were feeling some pain the next morning. Really I would loved to have seen Reid.

I loved that Rossi was picking up Jack so early and wanting coffee and Jack called him Uncle Dave at the race. So cute. I was glad to see everyone there to cheer on Hotch and that Jack got to meet Beth and that it went well. Great team moments in and out of the office.

Overall, I give this one an A+. It really gave us many great moments. Bummed there is not a new episode next week.

2. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I agree, I really enjoyed this one, and it was super creepy.

I'm a mom too, but I don't have a lot of words for that mom :eek: :lol:

It's so good to see Hotch smiling again, and Beth is not a team member, so it's perfect for now! Great interactions between all of the team this week. Girls night out, hilarious! :lol:

Every now and then I see something in Emily's reactions that might be starting to set up her departure, but it's hard to be sure some times. I'll miss her, but as long as JJ stays, I'll be fine :cool:

I swear, sometimes I hate March for my tv viewing, I'm not into basketball, and we're stuck with all these re-runs because of March Madness. Then all we have is April and May and our seasons are over!

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Seemed to me like they were making it too perfect with Hotch and Beth. Like any second she was going to get run over by a car or something. :lol: I'm still afraid that's what all this perfect happiness is leading up to...more misery. :(

4. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Your comment made me think of all of the shows I watch where the suspect is being chased and runs out into the street only to be run over by a vehicle coming in from off screen. It's gotten to where I expect it now, and when it doesn't happen, it has me :eek: :lol:

5. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Every Season of Criminal Minds has been great. I am happy that Paget and A.J. are back on the program. I do miss Jason, but Dave has done a bang up job in place of Jason. David strikes me as a man who cares about people, no matter who you are, or what mistakes you have made in the past. If he sees you trying to correct your mistakes, his character strikes me as he gives you a pat on the back, and will help his fellow humans!

Peace! RIP: Davy Jones of the Monkees

6. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Very well put jimi!
    You will be sad to know then, if you don't already, that Paget is leaving after this season, however it's her choice this time around.

I started watching CM after Gideon left and Rossi joined, but I catch all the previous season reruns and I've really enjoyed him too. I've liked Mandy Patinkin ever since I saw the Princess Bride in 86 or 87 :lol:
    Homeland rocks too!

7. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

He was great in Princess Bride :lol:, one of my favorite movies!! it took me too long to recognize him when he was playing Gideon on CM because he was such a different character!

btw, the last new episode was freaking awesome :D:D. The case was interesting (my god, that mom was creepy), and the team interactions were great, reminds me of why I love the whole team dynamic in this show!! JJ, Emily (I'm going to miss her too much :(, she's one of my favorite characters) and Garcia, need to have a girl's night out more often :lol:, especially before Emily leaves!! I agree with you Jimi, I love all the seasons for the most part and I hope the show continues to stay strong!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  8. 915

915 CSI Level One

That family gave me the creeps. I loved the episode then again there hasn't been a single episode of Criminal Minds I haven't loved. I regret that I've missed most of this season with work and things going on.

9. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Hello, new Criminal Minds fan hopping on board, so excuse me for not keeping up with the current episode! :lol:

I decided to give the show a shot out of interest and within two episodes I was completely hooked. I'm currently on episode 19 at the moment and still loving the show. I think so far my favourite episodes have been "Riding the Lightning" and "LDSK".

Was pleasantly surprised to see Elisabeth Harnois pop up in one of the episodes as well. I think I'm going to end up like my mum, spending the whole episode trying to identify the guest stars instead of paying attention. :p

Hope to be able to catch up within a few months anyway, I'm starting out watching them in order but may decide to skip some of the filler episodes to get up-to-date quicker. ;)

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Elisabeth Harnois was in an episode of CM?

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Yep, she played the twins when Gideon was on, I don't know either it first or second season.

12. 915

915 CSI Level One

I think it's season 1. Not completely sure though so don't quote me please. Also LDSK is still one of my favorite episodes in general.

13. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

LDSK was a great episode, I think that was the first time Reid was learning to use a gun :). Riding the Lightning was also really good too :):), the ending was so sad but really touching at the same time!!

looking back on it, there weren't any episodes (especially in the earliest seasons) that I particularly disliked or hated, and despite the cast changes, I still liked both Gideon and Elle, although not as much as Emily and Rossi.

14. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

The episode was titled "Broken Mirror" and was from season 1 and the 5th episode. She was also in some great shows like Without A Trace and Cold Case.

15. 915

915 CSI Level One

Somebody remind me I forgot which one Riding The Lighting was. I don't own season 1 or 2 on DVD I own all the other ones though. That's okay though because honestly I like Rossi's character more then I liked Gideon's.