Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by happyharper13, May 19, 2009.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Re: The Great Ship Debate -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

Sara explained in vivid detail why she couldn't stay on in Vegas, in the letter. she left Grissom. She didn't leave him but the environment, the horror of the job and her mental health was in jeopardy. She asked him to come with her, and he asked her to stay. The latest "spoiler" news is that~

When S/10 "Family Affair" begins and Ecklie introduces her to Dr. Langston, he says Sara Sidle, and she corrects him and says "Sara Grissom"

I I think that Sara is extremely romantic and patient, she wanted him always, and she got him. I never saw any chemistry with him and any other woman like he had with Sara, they sizzled and burned up the screen~

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  2. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

This is the first time I'm hearing about that...Please cite your source.

I I think that Sara is extremely romantic and patient, she wanted him always, and she got him. I never saw any chemistry with him and any other woman like he had with Sara, they sizzled and burned up the screen~

[/QUOTE]

See, IMO I never got that Sara was either of those things. She always came across to me as closed off, needy and quite impatient. She was NEVER willing to cut anyone any slack, and when things either didn't go her way, or she got proven wrong, she would sit there with egg on her face.

You see this very clearly in Nesting Dolls, when she told Catherine and Ecklie to F off and mind their own business, In season 1, the I-15 Murders and Farhenheit 932 when she was really nasty with Warrick over the whole gambling thing without even checking with him on it, then when she found out he was going to collect a debt and not gamble, she sat there looking really stupid, The DUI, where Grissom had to bail her out, and even with the whold Hannah and Marlon West thing, when she went way too far. Ditto with the promotion that never was. Then, that "Dear John" letter to Grissom to me just smacked of Narcissism. She never even tried to communicate with him that she was having a hard time, she just left a note that said "if I stay with you, I'll self destruct, so I'm leaving." No phone call, no nothing. Honestly, After the fact, when you're a safe 1,000 miles away, if that even happened, is not communicating.

Plus, I agree, Sara has always been very anti-marriage. Perhaps you need to watch Rashomama again....

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

^^ I totally agree with everything you said, Shytown. :thumbsup:

In her letter to Grissom, Sara never asked him to go with her. She walked out on him, plain and simple. Fine, she couldn't handle being a CSI anymore, that doesn't mean she had to leave Vegas and Grissom. The stuff that happens in Vegas, happens everywhere, so she would never get away from it. Ok, she needed to go face her ghosts, but she didn't as Grissom to go with her. Not in that letter and not that time!

She asked him to go with her when she returned for Warrick's funeral and Grissom couldn't go. Does she stay with him, no, she's selfish and expects him to follow her. If she loved him why didn't she stay with him? Seems to me that's either you go with me or you don't and if I don't get my way, we don't belong together. I mean, seriously! If Grissom couldn't leave yet, because they were short handed and he felt a sense of responsibility, she could have toughed it out for him and waited until he could leave.

Any as Shytown said, she never talked to him about it or even gave him the chance to help her. I'm sorry, that's not love.

As for your spoiler, Desertwind, that's not confirmed and I don't go for the people that say this person 'knows' it's right. Yeah, I've heard that before and their spoiler never panned out.

Desertwind, you see the pairing and I'm glad you get to see Sara again, but I don't see and many others don't either. It just goes against the characters, IMO.

4. Desertwind

That's fine on who agrees and who doesn't, no one ever said their relationship was average, normal [what is normal?] or run-of the mill, it was complicated, thus the "geek love" title, but bottom line regardless what happened or didn't, or how it did or who didn't do this or didn't do that, they're together, and on the "spoiler" info. it's from JAA, and says "a reliable source" and as in all "spoilers " that's what it is a spoiler, could be true and maybe not, we'll see soon. Also maybe that was what he needed to do "up the ante" after her leaving, he realized he didn't want to work as a CSI without her. And on watching Rashomama that was before "CARP" when they were wearing the bee outfits, and he said "Ya' know, maybe we should get married" and she immediatley said "Yes, lets do it".................................................. I hope we see Greg or Nick with a love interest in S/10 it's about time. Then the same old same old of rehashing this ship, the focus will be on them. I think that would be interesting & captivating~

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  5. Shytownmofo

Well, if a spoiler is not confirmed, DON'T POST It LIKE IT'S A FACT. Going on and on about it is misleading. Obviously you DO care if it's true, otherwise you wouldn't fuss about it. Remember, they said that Sara died at the beginning of Dead Doll. A little throwaway line like that is really easy to get cut out if there's time constraints.

Also, if you want to be nitpicky about it, Carp was before Goodbye and Good Luck, when she walked out on him with just a note, and before The Happy Place where she ran away from him with her tail between her legs yet AGAIN. One dramatic Kiss in the jungle doesn't change things, that's for sure.

It seems that they have wondrous reunions/unions, but when it comes down to actually communicating with each other, they have some serious dificulties. So, there's no absolute confirmation that they're together. Just because you want something to happen, and go on and on about it doesn't make it so.

I am actually looking forward to the new season, and in a way, Sara returning, because I don't think her departure was really dealt with, Grissom or no Grissom. I'm sure they WILL answer the question of whether or not they're still together, taking a break, or have gone their seperate ways, but I really want to see Catherine, Greg, and Brass get an explanation from her as to why she left the way she did, and hash out the feelings they have. Because, Greg has always carried a bit of a torch for her, while Brass has always had sort of a fatherly relationship with her, and Catherine has alwasy had an interesting relationship, sort of as equals and rivals rolled into one.

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I agree with you here. I would like to see some better handling of Sara's relationship with the rest of the team when she returns. But as to seeing her talk to them about why she left, I'm not holding my breath. CSI does very little to fill in these personal storyline gaps (think post GD or DD). When we saw that picture in Warrick's house of the team in FW, I assumed that she had been back to visit and that explanations were done off screen at that time. Not particularly satisfying, but that's the way CSI does things none the less.

I thought the way Sara's leaving the first time was very moving and beautifully done. Sara and Grissom have had communication issues throughout the years(think LLV), and they have both been portrayed as being very private and extremely independent, so I don't believe her leaving a note was all that OOC. She was breaking down and she needed to handle things on her own. No, I wouldn't have done it like that, but that's me, not her.

THP was totally frustrating to me. (I'm going to blame this trainwreck of an episode on the Writer's Strike.) I hated the way she left, but mostly I hated the way Grissom was portrayed here. He was so patronizing in the office scene with Sara. He essentially gave her an ultimatum: stay, on my terms, or else we are through. Well, I'm sure Sara doesn't handle ultimatums any better than I would, so she left. Good for her. Pretty sure I would have done the same thing. Yeah, yeah, I know Grissom was hurting, but Sara has had her share of hurt; so I'm not cutting Grissom any slack. The ball was left in his court after this episode. Game on, so to speak. If he wanted her back, it was his turn to go after her. Period.

I know I'm a Sara fan, and I probably I do cut her a little more slack than the others, but pointing out things she did in earlier seasons doesn't take into account how she has evolved over the years. All the characters at one time or another over the seasons have behaved in a not so flattering way. To me it just adds to their layers as characters and I can appreciate more where they are now and how their relationships have developed. I can't wait to see what it is like with her return. I really want to see how her relationship with Catherine has evolved.

7. Snowkitty

Snowkitty Victim

Naren Shankar and Carol Mendelsohn did say in the interview they gave to Ausiello/EW that "they are absolutely together." I know things are subject to change, but I'm taking them at their word as far as this goes.

That, of course, does not mean that there won't be issues in the relationship. I am also looking forward to seeing how they handle things.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Maybe they have an open relationship?;)

9. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Well, we've already established that Grissom is something of a playa. And Sara did mention she was a member of the mile high club and has dated around (okay, just Hank, but you never know). It's possible.:lol:

10. Shytownmofo

I totally Agree, you could tell that she'd been struggling with things for awhile at that point. She was at the point where she just couldn't deal. I definitely agree that her leaving, that time was beautifully handled from a writing point of view. You could tell she was breaking down and that she was about to snap if she didn't do anything. I also agree that I wouldn't have done it that way, I would have taken some sort of time, or told someone that I couldn't deal.

Once again, I agree with what you've said about Grissom and Sara's Relationship. They didn't communicate well, and that was established from the first season, and illustrated well in subsequent seasons, especially in Season 3 and beyond, when Grissoms hearing loss was an issue.

I think that in that scene in THP, he was both giving an ultimatum, and begging her to do something, because he couldn't.

Honestly, I think that this is endemic of the way that they write relationships and romance on the show. I don't think that they've shown ONE healthy relationship on the show. You have Catherine and Eddie's contentious relationship shown throughout the first three seasons, with his infidelity, substance abuse and backbiting over the divorce and Lindsey. You have Nick with Kristy Hopkins, Sara with Hank the Skank, Catherine's affair with Chris Bezich, and Warrick's marriage to Tina, which ended with his downward spiral into drug addiction.

Grissom and Sara were no different. It seems as though they were attracted to each other with varying degrees over the years until they finally got together.

I know it's been shown that Sara has had a hard time with her childhood, having grown up with her abusive father, and seeing her mother kill him.

It doesn't seem that Grissom had it much easier, losing his father at a young age, and being raised by his mother, who had a significant hearing impairment.

It was never stated how much relationship experience either of them had prior to getting together, although it looks like Sara had more, with being a member of the "Mile High Club" and having at least one boyfriend who cheated on her in college, as well as Hank. Just judging by Grissom's handling of relationships with Terri Miller, Lady Heather, and Sara in Season 2 (the episode Burden of Proof, where she wanted to resign over the incident with the hamburger meat), he never really had much experience. Not to say he didn't have Any, but maybe he never had any or many that were lasting, strong relationships. He does strike me as the curious type who might try anything once, no matter how freaky. Makes you wonder what he has done, and with whom.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ hah, yeah, let's not forget about the "in my experience threesomes always end up one too many" line Grissom had in Daddy's Little Girl. ;) his interest in Lady Heather was also quite intriguing and telling.

besides, an important glimpse was also given to us in the end of Young Man with a Horn during his conversation with Catherine. he thought he was in love in college but he kept putting science ahead of the girl. so Grissom. another time it was implied, in Burden of Proof, that he got burned before. so yeah, even if not much has been revealed to us, i think Grissom had his share. a small one probably, but still. it would be very interesting to know it all, though. ;)

which makes me think that Grissom and his priority list were probably the reason #1 for his unsuccessful relationships. his college sweetheart, Lady Heather, and also Sara were put behind either his work, education or responsibilities. the college girl obviously couldn't handle it, LH didn't even hesitate the moment she realized it, but Sara might have been the only one that not only knew what she was getting herself into but worked through it, and after a lot of drama and pain, ultimately won.

ETA:
    and let's not forget Teri who fled the second he got called in during their date.

12. Shytownmofo

Hah. I'd forgotten about that. That does say something about Grissom perhaps being into some freaky stuff.

ITA, It DOES seem like Grissom was in years past completely married to the job, something he realized in Butterflied. It makes me wonder how many dysfunctional relationships he'd crashed and burned at before. I think part of it is that he's always had a strong sense of duty and responsibility, plus some odd ideas about interpersonal communication.

You look at Terri Miller, who couldn't handle it when he decided to go in rather than continue their date, Lady Heather, who saw that his job trumped all, especially when he came with the warrant rather than trying to talk to her, and Sara, who admitted she had communication issues from the first, and perhaps was okay with that, and figured that he would come to her again eventually when he was ready.

I'm curious to see what else they are going to do for romance in the upcoming season. I know there's the issue of Langston's ring, whether or not he's married, and what that relationship is like. Last year, before the writers' strike, they'd talked about giving Nick a love interest. My only hope for any upcoming relationships is that they do them justice, and not make it these cardboard, one dimensional, Drama filled, dysfunctional dalliances.

13. Desertwind

I'm sure by now you all know that Grissom and Sara are married,[​IMG]:thumbsup: but in the new TV Guide [Sept. 28-Oct 4] it has some tantalizing news about this season and who may hook up with someone~

NICK STOKES With his mentor Grissom gone, Nick may find two ways to fill the void:a pet [Near the end of last season, he went off to take a bug class] and a LOVE Interest , says exec. producer Carol Mendelsohn "I ain't fighting it" says Eads about the latter idea "I'd like to be:Nick comes home, puts his keys up, and there's a girl making him dinner"~

In the Marg Jorja interview one question is?

Q Will we see Catherine find love in the future?
    A Marg: [Laughs] I think it's way overdue for Catherine to have a love interest! There was an ex. who was shot dead. I had a brief relationship with a guy who wasn't right for me. There was the whole Warrick [Gary Dourdan] flirtation thing that we didn't really follow through on. But, I'd love to see Catherine's vulnerable side~ Catherine needs somebody tall and dark. she's always attracted to edgy-type guys, but at this point in her life and career, she knows that's heading into dangerous water. think sh'es evolved a little bit. Not that she wants somone who is a milktoasty, and that he gives great foot massages, she does stand on her feet alot~

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Ok guys,

We're gonna try something new in here. We've decided to combine the Great Ship Debate thread and the Dislike a Ship thread into this new thread. Hopefully things will run smoothly.

Thanks.

15. Desertwind

Re: Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Par

Right now there is no ship to dislike, it's about the cases, but down the line I think if they bring a love interest in for Nick or Cath, it would be someone that they have a lot in common with. I think it'll be wonderful and again there is no ship to dislike at this time~Im happy that the one ship that we did have "they're married" and that's a beautiful thing:p