"Family Affair" Tenth Season Premiere Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yeah, it really was a great sequence. I really liked how you could see, exactly, where the bullets where going and how no one (well except for those two lab people) were hit. It looked so surreal and so totally cool.

Awesome job.

2. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

It was cool. George Eads mentioned a company that helped with it or something like that in one of his interviews. He said there was a video on youtube with guns and clowns or something. I would really like to see that if anybody knows where it is.

Back to the show. I'm still not getting the Russian Mafia connection. Why would the father go with them? Wasn't the guy Asian? Don't they have Mafias as well?

And yes, there is still a big spider running loose in the lab. :wtf:

3. luxmissus

luxmissus Civilian

Hallelujah! HALLELUJAH!!! Riley's gone. She's really, really gone. What a waste of television time, that character. Not the actor's fault. The writers didn't give her anything to work with.

Now, if they just up the Hodges quotient some, I'll be set.

ETA: I watched that opening sequence numerous times and the scene on which it was based just as many. Terrific.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Clowns with guns..OMG! I won't be watching that video. I hate clowns!!!

Clowns..the number one reason I won't watch the episode "Getting Off"!

CSI should write an episode with Nick being locked in a room filled with clowns..that would make for good angst..*runs off to write fic about Nick being attacked by clowns.

5. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

I think big, hairy spiders crawling around the lab may be a bit creepier than clowns, but not by much. :eek:

Yes...go, run, write a fic about Nick and clowns.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

You know, as I was reading this thread and saw the posts about the clowns, I thought "wait, doesn't Nick hate clowns? didn't he once shoot a mechanical clown?" and then I realized... "oh wait, that was Booth on Bones." :lol: I just watched last week's Bones' and they mentioned that, so that was stuck in my head for some reason. :lol:

Clowns don't really creep me out, I just find them kind of annoying (except Bozo though- loved him lol). The movie Killer Clowns from Outer Space was one of the worst movies ever made - I couldn't even watch it all it was so bad. :lol:

I can't stand spiders though. They really give me the heebee-jeebees. :lol:

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I enjoyed this episode alot. It was team oriented and pretty much equal screen time for everyone. Its good to see Ray toned down from the front and center be all of CSI. I loved the friction at the crime scene involving Greg, made it intresting. I think we are headed for a big blow up on Greg's part and I can't wait!

I really didn't like the way they made Riley out to be, critizising Catherine's leadership and such, it seemed OTC IMO. I didn't mind Sara being back (loved the hud with Greg) but way to many refrences to the fact that she and Grissom were married. OK I think I got it. Although IMO she did not seem happy about being a wife. Sara seemed more relaxed and calmer than in the past, I guess being away did her good. I might even warm up to her character again.

I loved the whole spider scene in Nick and Greg's office, it was funny and cute.

Loved how Greg got a solo case even though it tied in with the other. And the fact that Greg had calmed down enough to focus on the new crime scene and even let the cop know what they were there for. Shows real maturity on his part.

All in all a good episode.

8. GregNickRyanFan

This was the big blow up. I hope. I don't want to see an even bigger one from him personally. That was enough. I'm sure Cath gets the picture now and after her talk with Sara, she'll probably figure out something to help Greg feel more appreciated and part of the team.

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

WOW thanks for stopping by TALK CSI.

I LOVED the opening sequence. The Nick/Sara shot was phenomenal!
    Stop by again sometime. :hugegrin:

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I don't think it was the big blow up yet for Greg. I think we will still be hearing from him a bit more. The way I understood it was they it would be something that was going on for a little while. I kind of hope so.

11. GregNickRyanFan

I don't want him to blow up again. I think he got his point across and Sara got hers across to Cath and I think Cath will probably do something about it. He's not one to yell at the top of his lungs when he's pissed. He doesn't need to. He's usually fairly quite calm, so I think just a blow-up of this porportion was enough to get the attention on the subject and get his point across.

If he says something else to Sara like "they're still treating me like the newbie", fine. But, I don't ever ever ever want him blowing up like that again to Cath in front of others. Or well... remember when Sara wasn't feeling appreciated and she told Grissom that she was quitting and going to go take a job at the FBI or something? Maybe Greg can tell Sara something like that. Maybe he could casually be talking to Sara and say, "So, I got a job offer today from Quantico (or insert place here)" and Sara would say "what?" And Greg would say "I'm thinking of taking it. "I need to be somewhere that my skills will be utilized more and I don't feel like I'm getting that here. I feel like I'm still looked at like a lab tech. I'm not that person anymore and I'm tired of being treated that way, so maybe it's best if I move on."

Only maybe Cath or Nick overhear their talk. If it's Nick, he'll tell Cath they need to do something or they're going to lose another member of their team. If it's Cath, she'll figure out a way to remedy the situation on her own. That way, Greg will think they came to the conclusion on their own and feel more appreciated. He'll never have to know that they overheard his conversation with Sara. I wouldn't even mind seeing Cath call Gil for advice on what he would do in the situation. Then she could (having remembered the time Sara almost left) add (for humor), "and don't say buy him flowers!" :lol:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Greg, blowing up? You mean he's going to spontaneously combust:wtf: No..don't do that to Greg...:( Don't have him blow up.

But then you can say he went out with a bang!;)

13. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

:lol: I had a mental image of Greg processing a scene and then suddenly... POOF! No big explosion or blood and guts.

Just... poof.:guffaw:

14. electra

electra Pathologist

I like the scene you presented GNRF.I actually did like that Greg said what he said.To be honest,I am not a big fan of Greg so i was no that aware that he still get treated like a lab tech.I sort of like him better as the funny DNA guy but maybe if they give him a good story,things may change.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  15. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i haven't watched a new ep of CSI in a while but i watched this one and it was great.

stop action/matrix-type beginning was really cool. it made me excited to see the part when it actually happened. Raymond kicking the guy through the glass was the coolest.

seeing Sara back was everything i could have asked for. i squeed with delight at the scenes she has with Nick :) i liked how Sara told Catherine that Grissom had her as a partner and that's how he stayed somewhat sane in the time he was supervisor. that was a very good point and shed some new light my way on the Grissom/Catherine friendship/partnership

Nick with the spider was so funny he looked so scared but totally determined to touch it. him getting promoted was a good scene. it's about time! i think he's the hardest working character out of all the CSI shows he deserved it.

very glad to see Reilly gone i could not take her i always felt like i wanted to change the channel when she had a scene.

Greg arguing was good to see. Catherine bugs me and Greg has been a CSI for a few years now it's time for him to work a big case and not get the shove.

in a way the show came back with a bang with the lab getting hijacked but it seemed tame and the story was good. this kind of ep makes me look forward to the rest of the season. i hope they're just as well done or better than this.