Jorja Contract Questions for Season 11

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Winnipeg, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Winnipeg

Winnipeg Victim

How many episode did Jorja sign on for this Season? Some other fan sites say that she only signed on for 11 episodes. I've read that Marge will only be in 19 episodes but then we already know that she's leaving. I hope that TPTB can persuade her to stay in some acting capacity on the show. Maybe as the Lab's Director.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Since this is just about CSI, I'll send the thread over to that forum - hopefully someone in there will be able to answer. :)

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Jorja is back in the opening credits with Marg and everyone else, so I guess she's gonna be there a lot this season. :)

I would like to see Cath being promoted to Lab Director. That would be neat, then she could pop in every once in a while if Marg's schedule allowed it. :)

4. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Jorja is signed for ONLY 11 episodes, with an option to renegotiate in January.

5. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

But isn't lab director Ecklie's job? I don't want Ecklie to be without a job just so Catherine can occasionally come back every once in awhile. Ecklie is the butter to CSI's toast. You can't have CSI without Ecklie.

But wait...if Jorja's only signed for eleven episodes why is she in the main credits? Unless she's only in the main credits for the episodes she's going to be in...maybe that's it?

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Ecklie is the Undersheriff now after McKeen. I can't quite remember tho what they said about the lab director position. When he told Grissom about it, did he say something about he was doing both?

7. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

From One To Go

Ecklie: Sheriff Burdick is reorganizing the department, from now on the crime lab will report directly to him. ... He just made me the new Undersheriff.

8. Ipstenu

This is an educated guess: Jorja will be in the credits for the episodes she'll appear in, because she was a main cast member and her current contract included this level of recognition.

That said, it's a guess, based on reading between lines. No one gave me a straight answer and complained that Hollywood contracts are complicated. :D

9. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Well, you know more than me.:lol: I'm just happy she's back in the credits at all even if it's just for the episodes she's in and not for the whole season.

I just don't understand how she's both a guest star and on the main cast. Why didn't they just sign her for the whole season? Hollywood contracts make my brain hurt.:(

10. Ipstenu

Being in the credits does not mean you're main cast,actually. That just means your contract requires you to be in the credits (I did mention contracts are complicated - I think they're written by the most perverse grammarians).

CM indicated she wanted to sign Jorja for the whole season, but instead got 11 episodes. So at a guess (again) I think Jorja decided to keep her options open. This way, she's got quite a bit more power than she had in the typical contract.