Horatio & Yelina Thread #4 ~The Romantic Real Deal~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Re: Horatio & Yelina #4 ~'The Romantic Real Deal'~

hey wibbs to what epi are u in CSI M seasons?!

for me even Stetler to play this wall between Y and H, i still like his character. if there is not Rick we won`t see jealous H and won`t here him say to Stetler : 'if u hit her again i`ll kill u' :D

and btw did Jane Austen is 'Sense and Sensibility,' and 'Northanger Abbe' writer/author ?!

guys sometimes i really can`t got ur thoughts ;) with Narnia analogy was a little more easy for me :lol:

MD love ur signature, obviously u prepare ur self for the new epi from House MD :p if we only can call/make dr. House cure our H from his S4 H syndrome :lol:

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Ah, even though our dear Stetler was such a barrier between the H/Y love, it showcased Horatio's love even more for her because he gave more wriggly looks and forelorn gazes. Plus, it added some extra drama. ;)

I have to admit, Ann D. did write some pretty good H/Y episodes. Blood Brothers being one of them.

3. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Those epi's were just delightful, can't wait for those kind of eps to return.

4. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Sorry Pusher, I meant to type Jane Eyre, not Jane Austen! I've edited that now, but yes, Jane Austen did write those novels, as well as 'Persuasion' (my favourite), 'Mansfield Park', 'Pride and Prejudice' and 'Emma'.

Apologies for being off topic. ;) I suppose it is slightly on topic, as H/Y are like a modern day equivalent of the wonderful romantic pairings so effectively written in such novels (in seasons 1-3). Hopefully, they will have the same destiny - ie. the hero usually gets his girl. :D

5. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Oh wibbs, I totally agree to the point of H/Y greatly resembling the same equality Mr. Rochester and Jane Eyre. So true. These two also remind me of the long journey traveled by dashing Colonel Brandon and his evident, yet hesitant, love of timid Marianne (of course, from the book 'Sense and Sensibility', also by Austen). It's great that we can find other things to compare these two with, especially such classic and moving literature.

6. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I know, you and Luc and everyone else have been brillant with all this H/Yelina and episodes and such things :) Aww, how'd you know I liked angst? :D I did notice when I watched eps with her and without her, how much she did bring to the table, and it was awesome with her in it. thank god for A&E until I get the DVD's, so I can see everything that you guys see. :D

7. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

hey Lucy no worry and thanks for clear up this stuff/info :) as HnM have say it`s very good that we all have read same books and can make such analogy with so great classic literature and ours fav H/Y shippy :D if i have to choose similar relationship (future for H/Y) form books maybe in 1-st place will put "The English Patient" and after this "The Thorn Birds" or "Wuthering Heights", but this is just my silly opinion :lol: (obviously i too love to have angst/drama in romantic storys ) wow to where lead this lack of new spoiler about H/Y, but the good news is that we start to know a little more for each others :)

iheartnickcath hope u soon to get this CSI Miami DVD`s and to catch up with us all this brilliant (silent thunder) H/Y relationship :D won`t be sorry, believe me ;)

8. GreatTyrant

GreatTyrant Dead on Arrival

I just started watching CSI:Miami in reruns...OMG...How cute are Horatio & Yelina???...They're breaking my heart...And could we PLEASE get rid of Ray Sr???...Sheesh...First he's dead, then he's not...Butthead...And how sweet was all that with Yelina & Susie (?) over Madison?...I was sobbing when Horatio let her think Madison was his child and after telling her the truth, I sobbed when he said they're all family...OMG...I'm loving this show...

GT;)

9. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I wonder if Yelina is going to return more during season five. I honestly thought she was going to return for the rest of the season after she appeared during the premiere, but so far we haven't seen her pretty face. :( I don't really ship that many people on CSI: Miami, besides Calleigh and Ryan, but Horatio and Yelina just have that special something. I really hope she comes back. I think it'll add something to the show, especially with people thinking that there's something with Horatio and Natalia after "Curse of the Coffin".

10. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I remember that one of the writers said that she willappear for a few episodes. With some luck they bring her back fulltime next season :D

11. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Great to see you stop by GreatTyrant and screamingpoet. :)

I think the main reason that Yelina hasn't been involved in Season 5 yet (apart from 'Rio'), is that Sofia Milos is doing another show and has a very busy schedule until the end of the year. We are keeping our fingers crossed that she will feature in the latter part of the season. CSI:M's writers/producers actually want to sign her back full time, but circumstances have prevented that due to Sofia moving on with her career.

I'm not too concerned about the H/Natalia thing really. I have watched 'Curse Of The Coffin' and honestly, I saw nothing to imply any kind of closeness, other than H's concern for her, which, let's face it, is part of his character through and through. Who knows what the writers are planning, but H's interaction with Natalia can be compared to his moments with Calleigh, Alexx, Suzie, Stella, plus all female victims - any number of women who have crossed his path really!

Pusher, I'm also a big fan of The English Patient, The Thorn Birds and Wuthering Heights. I guess I'm a fan of angsty romance - you know, the 'we desperately want to be together, but circumstances are forcing us apart' kind of romance.

In the Blood Brothers audio commentary, Ann D reflects on this kind of storytelling, describing it as the most effective kind of love story (re H/Y). Of course, this was way back when I had alot of respect for Ann and this was blown out of the water when Yelina was written off the show. The chance of redemption is still up for grabs, if only the writers would take it. Watch this space - maybe. ;)

12. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Lucy did the writers actuall say that they want her back fulltime? If so I'm gonna be one happy fan :d

13. GreatTyrant

Crap...I'm not all that far along in watching the Miami reruns yet...Dammit...Now I'm all excited about Y/H and it's not to be???...TPTB are mean...

GT;(

14. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

It will happen GreatTyrant

15. GreatTyrant

I hope so...They just rip my heart out...And I'm not into angst...But the way H tries to protect her and she him...Argh...It just kills me...

GT;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.