Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Tonight's episode, 'Safe Haven,' makes me wonder if a 13 year old is really capable doing such horrific crimes. He leveled up to The Fox! I just think it's impossible! :eek: I don't know. Anyway, the episode was good though honestly for me it's one of the most disturbing ever. Ever. Families? Kids? He's 13?! Not to mention how he murdered them.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Pretty good episode. That one lady was really good under pressure, smart enough to get the unsub away from her kids.

I chuckled when everyone looked shocked that Rossi knew the name of a character from a video game and he said "What I know know things" LOL.

Didn't think Ellie's mom was still alive. Glad Morgan was able to get through to Ellie about staying with her mom.

Jeremy was kind of psycho, but his mother is to blame for that in my opinion. I'm sorry... but IMHO childrens services should take her daughter away from her. A) She blamed her unborn fetus for the death of its twin and after the kid was born, took it out on him and constantly let him know she hated him and B) she abandoned him instead of getting him the help he needed. That in my book makes her a highly unfit mother. No wonder the poor kid went psycho. I'd even go as far as to say that his mother is somewhat culpable in the murders and attempted murder that he committed. She drove him to it by the way she treated him.

The doctor should not have explained it as "one twin consumed the other" either, but if that woman thought the way she thought about that, then in my opinion she has some screws loose too. It does happen that when twins are conceived, one gets absorbed into the body of the other... but the other fetus is definitely not to blame... its just something that happens. The fact that the mother blamed her son for something that was way out of his control and treated him unfairly because of it makes her an unfit mother and in my mind means that she needs some psychiatric help herself.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  3. electra

electra Pathologist

Destiny,I can not put my previous post in spoiler code.

I agree that it was scary.I do not like kids as unsubs becouse is just too disturbing.Unfortunely,it happens.

The nother was bad but something really bad was wrong with the kid.Not all abandoned kids become like that.

4. GregNickRyanFan

That's true... but this kid was more than abandonded. He grew up with his mother resenting him for something that he had absolutely no control over. She blamed him from the getgo for the other fetus' death. I think he probably still would have ended up psycho at some point, but her treatment of him escalated the progression IMO. I think if she'd treated him better, he might not have become that bad that early. I mean 13 years old is a little young to be a serial killer. At the first sign of problems, she should have taken him to some kind of child psychologist and gotten him help... instead she threw him out like garbage. She could have prevented it by getting him help at the first sign of trouble and she neglected to do that... and what happened? He hurt her daughter whom she doted on, while she treated him like garbage. In the same light the father is somewhat to blame as well for abandonding the family, which probably only made the mother resent Jeremy more.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

This episode was quite disturbing. The scene with the kid holding the knife to the little girl's throat was very intense.

-I laughed at Rossi knowing the name and the reactions the others had :lol:

-Really liked how they ended the Ellie story and thought what Morgan told her in the end was quite sweet. I thought there would be more to the storyline so I'm glad that's it. At least I think it is...

It was a good one :)

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Twitter time.. It's been awhile. (remember older to newer)

JM:
    -Hey @ gublernation check out
    -Finished at 4am last night. But ran over a rat shooting in an alley in downtown LA so it's a good kind of tired.
    -Late nights during a cold and wet LA storm.
    -I haven't been to @ gublernation house yet but I bet it looks something like this.
    -So if that's the house then this must be his car!
    -Cast Pic
    -Shooting a scene
    -I guess these are all over New York.
    -Had a much needed day off today. Went and did some voice work for the Simpsons.
    -Me and Joe Penny
    -I think of myself more as the fun uncle. [NOTE: Q: Some say Hotch is the father figure, but I think Rossi is! I love the relationships the writers build between the characters.]
    -I say everyone vote for Criminal Minds. I just want the show to get some recognition for all the hard work. [NOTE: Go down pick drama, actor drama, actress drama, checkmark "other" then write in]
    -You'll have to write it in!
    -8 days to film but in total about 2 1/2 weeks with editing and casting and everything that go's with it.

TG:
    -The problem is we worked nights this week and now I don't know what time zone I'm supposed to be in!
    -[question! do you have any similar characteristics with hotch?] same size shoes!
    -in Texas kicking soccer balls with my kids. heading back to work tonite.

MGG:
    -Im having the hardest time deciding how 2 groom my mustache 4 the new season of CM. Help! This way or This way
    -Hey los angeles, wake me up when it's fall. If you need me I'll be hibernating in my basement pretending it's not 102 degrees outside
    -My mom doesn't cook often but when she does it's astounding
    -In the last two days I have eaten approximately 57 fresh picked apples... I just sneezed apple cider

KV:
    -I thought this would be fun. Kirsten 9:17 am
    -Garcia 11:37 am
    -that Garcia pic I'm clearly not in character because I'm posing like I'm five & she's not as much of a dork as I. As much.
    -And yes that is a Shemar Moore approved photo. It's the only kind I take.
    -Gube & Kristen

PB:
    -Shooting at the Paramount lot. So beautiful. New York street, a light rain. What a fantastic place.. And the nicest guards in town.
    -We're here for CM- episode #6. Me, Joe & Gubler. I like a LIGHT rain. And I loooooove chicken wings. Had 'em fer lunch.

AJ:
    -Yes I'm still alive! Crazy busy shooting this movie in Vancouver. Love this new character. I'll try to tweet some photos this week.
    -Working with a beautiful foal today.
    -Vegas wedding!!!

Joe's Facebook:
    Q: Hello Joe. I was wondering how do you juggle all the stuff you do plus family time without getting stressed and pulling your hair out?.
    A: It's not easy. That's why I'm not on Facebook or Twitter as much as some people would like.

[The End For Now] Enjoy folks.

7. electra

electra Pathologist

GNRF,The mother was a horrible one.She could have avoided the whole situation had she callled a social worker or psychiatrist before.

So JM is not as much on facebok as I think?:lol:

8. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

re JM's tweet: I strongly feel that if JM saw a rat shooting in an alley in downtown LA, it was a good thing he dispatched it by running it over. :lol: He probably saved a lot of lives.

*giggles some more* Then gets on to more serious stuff...

This last ep was BAD, IMO. It reminded me of the premiere, and of why I returned the season 5 boxed set after seeing the premiere. And of why I stopped recording and saving the episodes this season. It looks like what is going on with some of the episodes now is that they are trying to make *ahem* some of the characters more cliche and sledgehammer-like in order to try to match what the characters and storylines are going to be like in the spinoff. So when they stick the spinoff on after regular CM, the shows will match up and get the same audience, a less mature one.

I think from now on CM episodes will be very uneven. There will be some good ones, but then when a bad one hits, it will be such a let down.

9. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Awww that sucks. I don't think hell itself could convince me to get rid of Season 5, I loved it. Kind of makes me wish they saved the Reaper until the end of Season 5, but I'm a sucker for torture. :devil: Then again if I had it my way other thing would happen, but that is not here or there hahaha

It wasn't my favorite episode, but I liked it. The boy I thought did a good job in potraying creepiness, espically at the end where he was crying for attention when he realized it was no longer working. eeek.

I can't wait for next episode!!!
    I love Ernie Hudson, he grew up in a town across from me, so it's really weird to know that. Not to mention the whole thing takes place in Michigan, and he's from Michigan...talk about irony!!! LOOOOOVE it hahaha

Now, I need something to get my fanfic muse going again (sigh)

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

CCA, I liked season 5, too, mainly because of the Reaper arc. I thought it was a really daring storyline for the writers to do, especially Chris Mundy who wrote "Nameless, Faceless". But after seeing how sloppily the season 6 premiere was put together, I decided that I didn't want to spend any more money on this show, so I returned my season 5 boxed set. It's not a problem because I already have "Nameless, Faceless", "100" and a few other season 5 episodes on my own disks from when I recorded those episodes.

11. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Phew! You had me scared there for a second, hahah. Glad you have those still episodes, I'm currently back into Season 5. I still have this habit of skipping episodes but that's okay!!!

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

'Devil's Night' - good episode. The case is another ordinary revenge type and Halloween theme just makes it different. Garcia cracks me up with that bright orange stuff! :lol: Makes me wonder if she would glow in the dark! The best part of the episode is the two scenes between Hotch and Jack. Bittersweet moments because I just can't ignore the fact that Haley's gone (and the way she wad killed makes me angry too :scream:) and she's not going to be with them anymore. I miss her. I'm just glad they have each other.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Reid is so adorably dorky. I loved how he kept going on and on about Halloween and Emily was just like "I only asked what he was doing for the weekend" lol. And Garcia saying something about saving trees and telling Morgan, "Baby, I was born green". hehe.

Jack is the cutest little guy. Loved him saying Spiderman wasn't a real hero and so he dressed up like his Daddy. And then Hotch calling him his little g-man. :adore:

Caymen's son touching his face as if to say "I forgive you" was sweet too.

14. electra

electra Pathologist

^ I love dorky Reid.Rossi telling him:"I don't want to know" was perfect,too.I have been waiting for so long for Jack and Hotch scenes and the writers finally delivered.Jack is so cute that softens Hotch a little.

That said,I did not liked much the unsub or the case.I want more suspense like in previous seasons.Hope next week will be better.

15. CCA

CCA Police Officer

There were some things that bugged me about this episode, but really I could careless. What saved the entire episode was little G-Man. You saw it coming a mile a way but it some how still made it so sweet your dang teeth were about to fall out of your head! Totally love Hotch calling him little G-Man, omg ADORABLE!

Next time they come back to Michigan I hope they don’t use Detroit, maybe upper state, so beautiful, so untouched. Lol and I had to laugh when they showed the one vehicle with the front license plate some of us do that, it’s rare thing indeed though hahah I could probably go into a bigger tirade about it but I’ll subside for now! One good note, they showed us not having snow! I’m SHOCKED!!! Okay I swear I’m done.

I just want to know why Morgan was “argh, he’s going in by himself!” and Rossi had to be the on that was like “hellllooo trust him.” I just want a good scene with Morgan and Hotch, just a nice touching scene. I know they never had a true buddy buddy relationship, but I think they respect one another. A scene where they are in a shootout and they each have to cover each other’s back, I don’t know but something cool and lots of action lol.

Maybe somebody can explain to me why Hotch was there wayyyy before everybody else, and some how the SWAT guy got there too, but the team was far behind? Did Morgan get lost or something? Maybe he went by Eminem’s house?

Like I said, the part that saved it the most for me was the Hotch and Jack scenes. LOVED IT, and WANT MORE!!!