Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saramaniaca

Saramaniaca Victim

Well, I think Nick deserves more screen time. And, yes, I hope Nick will have his romance, he deserves it. With Cath, Greg, Sofia, a social worker... whoever, a canon member or not. I would never think this is a "ruining the show" if they do it well, I mean if they write a good story, as they did with GSR.

By the way, while I was saying that I've recalled something I think we all have seen already. I mean this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcU15q8AyYM&NR=1 . I know it's not an spoiler, but it could be someday. I wonder where CSI would have gone if this story had been a reality. Would GSR have ever existed? Would some people hate it the way they do? Who knows, however maybe this video is an spoiler and we still don't know.

2. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I agree that for a relationship to work on the show and to please the majority of fans, it has to be subtle. Knowing that Doc and Dave have spouses waiting at home for them make it a little more real. I do find it ironic that the only confirmed married men are the ones in the morgue.

I think Bobby D was supposed to have a family. I do recall them saying he was supposed to have a line with Grissom the mentions him being gay and I think having a child. Don't quote me on that though.

I like to think a few other characters have a least a someone in their lives. I can see Archie and Mandy seeing someone on the side. I think Ecklie is married as well.

Of all the CSIs, Greg seems to be the one who would most likely have a girlfriend. He's the one we see the least about. We've never seen where he lives or anything. He also seems to be the type to find a girl who would be able to handle his odd hours.

If they do introduce a love interest, they need to go the Warrick/Tina route but without the angst and failed marriage. Give Cath, Nick, or Greg someone like the wives of Doc and Dave, a supportive, grounding factor in their lives. Of course, being able to see them would be a plus.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ecklie's divorced. Some woman in one ep who found a dead body in a parking garaged asked both him and Vartann if they were married. Ecklie said he was divorced. I wonder if he has kids though.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, I never knew about this, heavy duty:eek: I guess I meant that Cath never had anyone who didn't cheat or was a total loser, even Eddie cheated on her. And Grissom called Sara down to Las Vegas after Holly got killed, they knew each other in San Francisco, long before any other potential 'girls'. He left the lab and the job he loved, to go where he felt he belonged. And that happened on the show. I just think that [my opinion] that CSI /NY and Miami have love interests so why shouldn't this one too? It's exciting, and maybe the PTB think so as well~

[​IMG] San Francisco~the pic. Cath found on his fridge!

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Archie mentioned a girlfriend in 'Coming Of Rage'; I thought that was a cute moment with Sara when he told her he goes shopping with his girlfriend. I got a crush on Archie at that moment. :)
    Of course the funniest mention of a relationship was when Hodges fell asleep at the microscope. Hodges dating could have made for a lot of funny storylines.
    It sounds llike Nick is first in line for a romantic interest. I would love to hear some Greg-date stories, though. Maybe he'll share some with Sara. :lol:

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ That's Paul Newsome, the district engineer. They met in season 1's 35K O.B.O. and his last episode was season 2's Scuba Doobie Doo. I liked them together, too. Thought they were cute, and Paul was a decent guy. It was a shame that they couldn't make it. FYI, Brad Johnson also played Marg's crush in Always, but his character was in love with Holly Hunter. :lol:

Anyway, I'm intrigued by this Craig Mason storyline. It's been almost 10 years. I wonder if they're going to make it just one episode or an arc that continues for a period of time.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

YOUR GOOD,:eek: I remember him, and I guess the writers thought better, we never saw him again, it just fizzled, he did seem nice. I guess we should get back to S/10 spoiler info. I saw the promo last night on the re-run of CSI, and what the H is going on, so fast I could make heads or tails of what was happening, could any of you? we're almost here, Sept. 24, I can imagine all the different comments on that night:eek:

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I couldn't make out what was really going on in the preview either. And I'd still like know what's up with the men in the suits/sunglasses. :lol: That's just kind of bizzare.

9. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

That was fun. Certainly didn't fit with where the show was going, but very entertaining.

BTW, Are you implying that Nick was a cheater or a loser? :rolleyes: :wtf::confused: That's not the impression I got at all. Exactly quite the opposite. They both seemed rather ambivalent about it, like they liked each other a lot, but felt guilty about seeing each other.

10. Saramaniaca

Saramaniaca Victim

Grissom's sentimental interest for Sara began before that. Remember Butterflied (4x12), that last confession. And even I think there was it in 1x02. And even before, remind that pic posted by desertwind, the San Francisco's one. Remember what Grissom answered to Ecklie when he asked "Since when you two are involved?". Grissom: "Nine years ago" (8x02). He was pining for Sara since San Francisco.

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Hey guys! :) As Destiny posted earlier today, we don't want to get too restrictive on the discussions here, but ships are always going to be one of those volatile topics that can quickly take over a thread. If we allow too much discussion of one or two ships, then we have to allow them all and the next thing you know the spoilers (which is what you came here to read about, right?) are buried.

But the good news is, you are absolutely free to discuss, debate, and squee about ships in the Great Ship Debate thread and/or the GSR Thread to your heart's content. :) And if those aren't your thing, there are other pairings in the Shipper Central forum.

12. Saramaniaca

Saramaniaca Victim

I know, smokey, you're right. But I wanted to answer to something said in this thread. I can't answer to something said here in another thread. See? If you don't want to read me, scroll down.

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Do you mean for me to scroll down if I don't want to read your posts?

14. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Yeah, well, Saramaniaca, believe it or not there are people on here who don't want to read all the crap about GSR vs. No GSR, whether it's ruining the show or not, who's dating who, whether there is too much Ray/too little *insert character here* etc. It's just plain annoying, and I can't tell you how many spoilers I've skipped over thanks to these silly little arguments/statements. There's over 900 posts in this thread and maybe 100 actually pertain to the actual season 10 spoilers. Some people like GSR, some don't. Whatever. Last time I checked, Grissom isn't on the show anymore so why is this thread being predominantly focused on him and Sara?

As for the SPOILERS, aka the reason why *I* come in here: As for the longer preview. Doc Robbins is the man! I can't wait to see why he's beating people off with his cane! He's a tough guy and I love seeing him in action! RDH likes to do the actiony scenes too from what I understand. I'm so curious about the premeire/the following episodes. The premeire clips have nothing to do with the spoilers we've seen, so it's like wow. They did a good job of handling the secret!

15. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Point Taken, Post made in the Great Ship Debate Thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.