Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:NY

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think what hotspot might be referring to is when Angell was helping Stella with that Greek coin investigation against Mac's wishes. They did mention Mac not knowing what they were doing.

I do see Stella as being kind of big sister-ish to Lindsay and to some extent to Danny too.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Now that Melina/Stella is gonzo:( I have to say I never ever saw any type of romantic interest between her and Gary/Mac, nothing. Just co-workers. They both had other love interests everytime I saw this show. So now there will never ever be anything at all. I'd hoped he'd get together with that girl he was smitten with and on her as well, with someone who'd be her real love interest~

3. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

^I agree. I never got the whole Mac/Stella should be dating thing. They just came across as good friends, and I'm glad that the writers kept it like that. It would just be so out of character if they had gotten together, so I'm glad they didn't.

4. Desertwind

I always wonder what some people think the word "relationship" means:wtf: I consider two people who are in one, to be outwardly dating, buying gifts for one another, flowers, going out for candelit dinners etc. and or living or sleeping together, none of which these two did:confused: Like Vegas and Grissom/Cath the same thing no romance what-so-ever. I would have liked to see Stella in a loving commitment, but that won't happen now~

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The word "relationship" means they had a connection with one another. People have relationships with friends and family and co-workers. It doesn't automatically imply romance.

6. Desertwind

I consider these terms with the ones you mention as "friendships" not "relationships", like with a man and a woman;)

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

"Friendship" is a type of "relationship." Just like "Familial" and "Romantic" are types of "relationships." The term is not exclusive to a particular type of bond or exclusive to being between a man and a woman. But then a "romantic" relationship isn't exclusive to being between a man and a woman either. ;)

Mac/Stella had a relationship, just not a romantic one.

8. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

I never saw Mac and Stella as having a romantic relationship. I think that they were and always will be just really, really good friends. And I think that if they were to get involved romantically, it would be really weird and it would mess up the beautiful friendship that they have.

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Really? REALLY? the kind of relationship they had it was much more realistic and consistent than many more couples from many many shows:wtf:. It was something natural than you didn't need to recreate on paper or on screen because it did already existed:wtf:.

And they worked much better when they worked together than when they were apart:drool: specially when they were paired up with other people:rolleyes:

10. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

What do you mean by that 'eye rolling'? Mac and Stella work with any assisting characters whenever their presences are needed to solve the cases. There are no romantic vibes, only camaraderie and friendship. I know you are a die hard Smack fan but do you really have to get so low to make your point?

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

People, please keep in mind that this is a debate thread. Someone is bound to disagree with you.

That being said, would I would really like to see is some good debate, back and forth as to why ships work, why they don't etc....

But this is not the place to accuse people or to start badgering one another. Some will agree some won't, that's just how it goes.

If for some reason, you find yourself getting worked up over something someone posted, here's my advice, STEP AWAY.
    Go update your FaceBook page, gripe about on Twitter or IM or something (just don't leave it here) or heck, even just step away from the computer and take a break.
    I think you get what I mean, right. ;)

So, while this still remains a debate thread, I do believe we all can be civil to one another.

Carry on....

12. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

I think that they had a lot of chemistry together and a great relationship but just not romantic chemistry or a romantic relationship. I just don't see the whole SMacked thing. To me, they will always just be really, really great friends.

13. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I totally agree!:thumbsup: I remember in season one when Mac was working through his grief and Stella asked him about his wedding ring he shared how he wasnt ready to take it off she said ok and moved on. They were able to get to each others most vulnrable areas in a respectful way. The commitment of friendship to each other was intimate and trusting. As Stella said they took care of each other. When they fought and she headed to Greece when he followed her there that to me suggested a much deeper friendship then just boss and coworker. I know everyone has there own perception of this couple and which ever side of the fence you are on chances are your not going to change.:lol:

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

What I liked most about Stella and Mac was precisely their friendship and how they understood each other even when they did not see eye to eye. There are some people who say that because they were such good friends they should not get involved in a romantic relationship, but it is because they are such good friends that I would've liked to see them romantically involved. I enjoy couples in TV who start out as good friends and we can see the development of something more throughout the way. I've always believed that a relationship has more potential of being strong and lasting when the two individual know each other well because they took the time to be friends. I don't like when there's two people and bam they are together just because they look good together on-screen and there's no more foundation to their relationship. It just seems shallow to me and well kind of meh. Anyway, that's why I like Mac and Stella and I'm so dissapointed that she's not coming back.

15. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

EDIT: Sorry ... wrong "Debate" thread ... meant to post in "Miami." Don't know how to delete posts here.