Ratings Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Desertwind, Apr 2, 2010.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I don't pay attention to the overnights anymore, and apparently neither does Moonves. It's all about the +7 data.

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

CSI Inches Up

Susan

3. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

(easily)won the hour?c'mon, the ratings are an vicarious embarrassment, they are symptons for continuous medicore storyarcs that doesn't attach, or in that matter satisfy people.

ny is in his way to surpass lv, keeping in mind which format runs when.i think they(franchise) need something brand new, a new formula, no serialkiller- storyline, neither a csi in drama arc which will be streched over multible episodes.i'm trying not to be emotional and therfore should be constructive, but the first option comes to mind would be a cast change.leave it like that(boring 1 case) and it is a safe bet that this numbers will continue to tend to result in an downfall.you can not blame the writers for everything.i have this feeling that stunt- actors( i count fishburne as the exeption, cause he walked trough this experiment.also(imo), he utilized his image to require extra clauses) aren`t that prepared to compromise like the core cast.y'all remember warrick's gambling problem, grissoms social awkwardness, caths marriage situation, sara's inperfection....and now?

4. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Whilst your argument about the quality of storylines is subjective, NY's ratings are nowhere near LV's. Yes they're relatively close on viewers but it's not viewer figures which are considered important by the media or the networks. In the 18-49 demographic, LV is averaging around 2.4-2.5 whereas NY is a whole ratings point less.

If you compare the ratings for the most recent episode and then last year you'll see that the ratings haven't really decreased that much:

Crime After Crime (aired Nov. 16, 2011): 2.5 (18-49)/ 10.6 million viewers.
    Fallen Angels (aired Nov. 14, 2012): 2.5 (18-49)/ 11.01 million viewers.

It's a far cry from the days where it was 25 million+ (where TV viewership was a lot higher) but I'd hardly call those ratings, for a 13 year old show, embarrassing.

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I have to admit, I think LV will last longer than NY but maybe last a year or two longer. Depends on the budget cuts and what happens in 2013.

6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Last night's episode brought 11.99 million viewers and a 2.6 in the 18-49 demo.

7. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Nice jump in ratings

8. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

That's comforting to see.After 13 years CSI is still climbing up the ratings

9. blackflag

10. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

damn ! it was the best episode of the season so far...
    But people prefere watching a bad tv show on ABC...

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think they were watching this:

12/12/12 Concert Reaches More Than 19 million TV Viewers

"In an effort to aid those affected by Hurricane Sandy, multiple organizations came together to produce the “12-12-12” concert held on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The concert was the most widely distributed live musical event in history, accessible to nearly two billion people worldwide on television, radio and the Internet.

In the U.S., 19.3 million TV viewers watched at least a portion of the concert on television, which was carried live from 7:30PM to approximately 12:00AM on 15 networks. The average audience viewing the concert at any given moment was 5.2 million viewers."

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire...lion-u-s-tv-viewers-across-multiple-networks/

12. blackflag

Ratings for part 1 of the crossover

Susan

13. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

^ Good news. I did think the crossover would bring in more viewers, but it's nice to see CSI still on top.

14. blackflag

Ratings for Exile

Susan

15. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Another ratings drop - not good at all.