"Turn, Turn, Turn" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 1, 2009.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I'm looking forward to this episode, not just because I like Taylor Swift, but because this is something different for the show. Following a pattern of one year over a single episode can be difficult, but I think that this is something that will set them apart from the rest of tv for this week. As for Taylor's acting ability the previews are just that, a short look into what is to come. It's hard to judge until something is seen, but I will say this there are some actors that are not good at their job likewise there are crossovers that are amazing. 6, 1/2 dozen to the other. :)

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

It looks like Ray will be around for Nick, but I really rather it be Catherine or Greg...someone who really knows him better.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

However, it could be a way for Nick and Ray to form a friendship?

4. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

We always see Nick as the teacher and Ray as the student but I believe this episode will bring us an about face...Ray will be a life teacher to Nick,who still gets too close to the case. I love to see them on screen together,there is a good connection between them so I can't wait to see what advice he will give to our very sensitive Nicky.

5. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

I, too, am excited for this episode and for this Ray/Nick interaction. I think it would be a nice opportunity, because LF did say in an interview that Ray's relationships would deepen with the characters, and I think this would be a good time to show Nick and Ray connect outside of the job itself. I also like how Ray takes the time to ask "are you okay?" when the only person who ever really did that was Catherine or Warrick. It's good to see that someone else on the show cares. :)

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Someone said that there is a promo where Nick is somewhat "smitten" of Taylor Swift's character? Does anyone know what promo they are talking about? I just wanted to know, because I'm hoping it's just an intrigued kind of smitten not anything...gross. I don't think Taylor's acting was that horrible. They have C and D rate actors on the show all the time who did worse than that, IMO. When someone comes frm signing to acting, it can be mighty different, bu that's just my interpretation of it. As someone else said abnove, Nick does look a distracted. I hope he doesn't slip up! And I would have also appreciated Catherine or Greg checking up on Nick, just because they are more of a family and could possibly be a better support system. I like Ray alot, I just woulf have preferred Cath or Greg. Maybe Ray needs to see Nick vulnerable so that he know it's okay to be so every once in a while?

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I don't think he's smitten, 'bonded' yes. But not smitten.

8. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

Well, I think Ray has been vulnerable, maybe not directly, but remember the court scene in "Miscarriage of Justice?" He was poked around for being a rookie. So in a way, he's been exposed to that already. And being the new guy, and we've seen, he makes mistakes. Maybe he just needs to see that everyone makes mistakes on the job, because Nick says "She didn't have to die." So maybe Nick does slip up. It's not the first time, is it? So while I can see what you're saying, Kimbo08, I must say that I think the scene between Nick and Ray is just to build up their relationship.

9. csifangurl

csifangurl Hit and Run

I agree that this is probably a good way for Ray and Nick to connect. Ray so far isn't really 'close' to any of the team just yet, as he is still new. However, that doens't mean he can't start to form close friendships with them either. And by Ray being there for Nick, to let him know that he has another friend to depend on, is a good way to do this I think.

I for one like to see these things, I like when the characters show that they are willing to help each other out when one of them needs it. Especially since until this point, Nick has sort of been the teacher for Ray.

I really look forward to this episode.

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Ray needs to bond with them in some sort of way. Plus the older male character is gone now, and maybe Nick needs that in a way. I don't know. I just think Ray does need to get a little closer to the others. He is the newbie and needs to bond with his co-workers.

I am so excited for this episode. I haven't been this excited since "For Warrick" and before that it was "Gum Drops". I think George will knock it out of the park. Then after this, no more Nicky drama for a while hopefully. IMO, I prefer a happy, healthy Nicky. Although a mushy, emotional one is good too! ;)

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Or Brass! :)

12. csifangurl

csifangurl Hit and Run

:lol: Yeah, cause then we get the excuse to hug him. :devil:

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I've always liked the song 'Turn, turn, turn' it has an interesting message about life. I am anxious to see how it all plays out in Nick's life (or at least a year of it). I am looking forward to this one.

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Two notes from over at tv.com

Pre-production title of Basket Case

This episode shows a new temix version of Taylor Swift's song You're Not Sorry from her latest album Fearless.

15. csi_fan7

csi_fan7 Hit and Run

Well we all knew this was coming...it has been awhile since we saw Nick's emotional side. Those are my favorite kinds of episode because George is such a good actor.

I like Ray and all but i would rather that they have someone from the old team should be there.