Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks Faylinn for the info.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

At least we get the repeats, it's better than six weeks of nothing except TNT and Spike lol

3. MacsGirlMel

Too late to edit my previous post, so double post...anyone else who'd like to see a baseball game scene like regular CSI did last night? I just think Danny and Flack in uniforms like that would be total hotness :drool:

4. PHANTOMERIK

PHANTOMERIK Dead on Arrival

I hate to say I told you so but I told you so right from the moment the idea of a possible love interest for Mac was mentioned it would guarrentee the show's cancellation since nothing else could be more hated or unwanted and since the show manched to achieve it's lowest ever rating with a princely 8.96 million viewers last time out I think we can safetly assume the end is nigh can't we. Get rid of Christine and get rid of her now it's the one and only life line the show's got left I don't know how it could have been made any clearer to Ms Veasy and co that we don't want he rwithin a million mile radius of Mac and never will. If they have any respect for their audience at all which personally I seriously doubt if I'm being honnest then the least they can do if they wont give us our Stella and Smacked is nothing at all.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

You also told us all through S7 how Jo ruined the show and Stella being absent would guarantee the show wouldn't get a S8. How'd that work out for you? If the show ends it won't have a damn thing to do with Christine or Stella.

6. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

ress release from cbsexpress.com:

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-enterta...s/view?id=31389

7. bookworm

bookworm Victim

Agree with you totally. The character Christine has added nothing and she's only to be around for 2 more episodes, that is if she was only to be in a 5 episode arc. Love all the CSI's and want all of them to be back for 2012/2013. CSI seems to be having some good storylines of late and only wish there was more spark to the CSI NY scripts.

8. MacsGirlMel

I don't mind her too much, though I haven't felt enough of a draw to start shipping yet. I guess I'm sorta 'meh' on her.

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, I kinda feel meh towards her too. But I also think it's maybe because they have slowly introduced her unlike Camille who has disappeared and Peyton.

10. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I LIKE Christine thank you very much, and I'm one of the people who watch every week live. But you know what? People don't watch for any of the love interests. It's a crime show! And even though I like Christine the most out of anybody they've even sideways hinted at being a love interest for Mac, I still don't ship them. I don't ship. Period. Because it's not what the show is about. Any love interest is a side note, an addendum, and the show does not live or die on who shacks up with whom. The problems for the ratings and show started looooooooooong before half-way through this season when Christine was introduced. The six-week hiatus which CBS really didn't inform anybody of to the extent that people were wondering if NY got canceled already is reason for the current drop in viewers. The show was struggling all through s6, so you can't even blame Melina choosing to leave the show for any ratings drop. Shows get switched to Fri nights to die, so the fact that we've had two solid seasons after said scheduling change, speaks volumes. Networks don't decide the fate of shows based on the personal opinions from a select few fans of a minor recurring character. Christine's introduction and/or exit has nothing to do with the current ratings, nor will it factor in to whether the show gets renewed or not. In fact, with regards to myself and several other people I know who also watch on an every-week-know-the-names-of-all-the-eps-ever basis, Mac finally being happy in a relationship is a draw, not a turn-off. Especially if it doesn't interfere with the crime aspect of the show, and so far they've done a way better job of keeping his personal love life a side-story than ever before, and I whole-heartedly approve. All I care about is that his character finally finds some happiness after all these years of grief and loss, and I don't give a rip who the person turns out to be. Go ship on the shipper thread.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  11. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I have read some of the post over here, and from what some of the poster have written, it appears that NY will have a better chance at staying on two more seasons than Miami.

Miami has reached 10 Seasons, New York has not. We read and hear all types of rumors. We don't know at this point what CBS is going to do. One would think that they would go head and be honest about it to the public, instead of hiding in their offices in Mid Manhattan.

I know how if feels to be in the cast, crews, and producer's shoes, I was once there in the 80's myself. Not in TV, but in other media. Corporate can fire the whole staff in one day, and to heck what the public thinks!

All I can say is that I am going to watch CSI NY, give it all the support I have in respect of Gary Sinise. He is a very good, honest man, loves his country, cares about the middle class and the poor in the United States. I'm not good at keeping up with episode names, but I wonder how many episodes are left for this season. I don't know. If somebody could tell me, I would appreciate it.

Peace:)
    Jimi

12. bookworm

bookworm Victim

There are 3 new episodes left. April 27, May 4 and the finale May 11.

13. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Thank You book worm. Right after the final CSI NY episode, I have read that CBS will announce what will be on and what they are going to axe for the fall of 2012. That will be on May 16.

Peace
    Jimi

14. MacsGirlMel

I just wonder why NY went on hiatus and Miami didn't...both had 18 eps.

15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Miami had 19 episodes actually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.